Chance

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mi Kyong's POV

I woke up tangled in Jonghyun's arms, still on the hospital floor where we were talking last night. I couldn't say I didn't like the position we were in, but I knew we couldn't stay like that. I tried very gingerly to pry myself from his grasp without waking him up. As soon I was untangled, I saw Mi Cha sitting on her bed looking at me with sadness in her eyes.

"It's not what it looks like." I said, eyes widening but all she did was shake her head.

"Can I ust ask you a favour?" She asks me and I nod, wanting to do anything to make this up to her.

"Let me have a chance with him, please. Maybe he'll grow to love me like he does you. I'm asking you, no, begging you to please leave him alone." She says and my heart sinks. I nod quietly and she looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"Thank you." She says hugging me and I hug her back. How could I say no? After all, he was still her boyfriend, I was just the other twin. I pick myself up and as I leave, I cover Jonghyun with a blanket. With one last look, I turn around, knowing that I couldn't look back. Not anymore. I look through the window and I hear Jonghyun stir and rub the sleep from his eyes. I hear him talking with Mi Cha quietly and Mi Cha wincing in pain and Jonghyun tenderly taking care of her. They looked like the perfect couple, I didn't belong in the picture. I shut the blinds quietly and got into my car to drive home, getting ready for school. After school, I went to a practice room that had nothing but a piano and a window. I sat on the piano bench and tried to imitate a simple song but miserably failing. How does Mi Cha do it? Taemin sits soundlessly beside me and I look at him shocked, I didn't even know he came into the room. He started playing a song with a beautiful melody, he played flawlessly hitting all of the grace notes perfectly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPyKvkMIiYc (A/N: BTW, there is a version of this piece that I learned, the Kyle Laudry arrangement, if you get a chance, listen to it too!) As he finished, I clapped for him. Then he started the chords of another song and he started singing. (A/N: Let's all pretend they know english songs, arasso? Besides, its Coldplay, one of my favourite songs of all time) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9b6jgbNyc&feature=related. He starts singing to me and I join in partway, eyes filling with tears as the music cuts straight to my soul.

"What's wrong Mi Kyong?" Taemin asks me with softened eyes.

"Nothing, just... I can't say." I reply wiping my tears and for the second time Taemin pulls me wordlessly into a hug. After all, hugs make everything better. Slowly I soften and collapse into his body, he wraps his arms around me and my hair calming me down.

"There's this guy I really like," I start and hiccup from crying, "but I can't ever be with him." I tell him the whole story and there's a long silence after I make my confession until Taemin breaks it.

"Date me instead." Taemin looks at me with determination in his eyes while I look confused. "Date me to get over Jonghyun." He says with a fierce look on his face.

"I can't do that to you I-" I start but he cuts me off with his lips. I sit there and let him kiss me before kissing him back.

"Does that mean that's a yes?" Taemin asks.

"I still don't know Taemin, I mean you're such a great guy and you deserve someone better." I protest.

"I don't want anyone better, I want you." He says and starts singing softly, "Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones and I will try to fix you." I look at him and give him a tiny nod of my head before collapsing into the comfort he was offering me.

“Now come on, let’s go to lunch.” He says grabbing and holding onto my hand, I lace my fingers through his. I find Taeyeon and Key sitting together and instead of arguing with each other, Taeyeon was giggling oddly out of character and Key was blushing. I nudge Taemin and gesture for him to follow me. We sneak up behind them and tase them.

“Eek!” Key squeaks and Taemin and I fall to the floor in laughter.

“Hey Mi Kyong!” Taeyeon says greeting me through he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter