For the One Who Stole My Heart

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Kyong’s POV

The alarm clock blares at 3:00 A.M. and I groan, rolling over.

“Turn it off.” Mi Cha groans sleepily and I hit the snooze button. Wait, today’s the day of the competition! I shoot up slightly dizzy from getting up so fast, turn the alarm off and start getting ready.

“Mi Cha wake up! You have to drive me to the airport!” I say hurriedly as I go to brush my teeth. Mi Cha rolls over and looks at me eyes half open. I’ve already put on all of my clothes and am still brushing my teeth.

“Whaa-?” She asks sleepily and then suddenly shoots up when her brain registers what I just said. I pull my hair back into a ponytail and go through my check list making sure I have everything. I look over and Mi Cha is dressed and has her teeth brushed already. She’s got her hair pulled back into a messy bun but even still, she looks like a model. I sigh and turn around, finishing packing my purse. The competition doesn't start until tomorrow and it lasts for an entire week. I put on my jeans and a plain white tee, Mi Cha is wearing sweats and a pink, logo t-shirt. Wow, she's wearing sweats and still looks better than I do.

"I'm just going to go say bye to mom and dad, kay?" I tell Mi Cha and she nods, grabbing and apple and taking a bite out of it. I open the door to their room and give them each a kiss on the cheek and tell them I'm leaving.

"Bye Mi Kyong, good luck hun." My mom says, rolling back over and going back to sleep. My dad was a bit more enthusiastic.

"Good luck Mi Kyongie, I'm sure you'll do well. Remember BoA is waiting for you!" He says and gives me two thumbs up.

"Thanks dad." I say chuckling and he hugs me.

"Ready to go?" Mi Cha asks from the door and I nod. We get into the car and arrive at the airport. The sun is just starting to creep into the sky. "By the way, just for the record, I'm sorry about what I did, it was unacceptable." She says breaking the silence of the ride.

"It's okay, I'm sorry for bursting out, it wasn't my place and I made everything so much worse." I say.

"Friends?" She asks.

"Sisters." I say, bursting out laughing.

"Also, I don't mind you going on a trip with my boyfriend, I trust you. The both of you." She says, somewhat unconvincingly.

"Don't worry, I have a boyfriend too you know?" I say and she chuckles.

"How did you end up with a cutie like Taemin anyways?" She teases.

"Long story." I say, chucking.

"Be sure to tell me when you get back then, we need to catch up!" She says and I nod, agreeing with her. We arrive at the airport and she insists on helping me check in and carrying my luggage for me.

"No no, you need to save your strength for the competition." She says, grinning goofily as she grabs my bags and hauls them over to the check in counter.

"Thanks sis." I say grinning back but then my grin fades when I see the figure approaching us from behind.

"What's wrong?" Mi Cha asks, frowning when she sees my smile fade.

"Oh nothing." I say, as nonchalantly as possible, leaving Mi Cha confused. Jonghyun approaches and hugs Mi Cha from the back and I turn my attention back to the clerk at the desk.

"Hey babe." He says, into her hair and she turns around kissing him softly on the lips. The sight makes my blood boil and I turn away.

"Guys, let's keep the PDA to a minimum shall we?" I say in as best of a joking tone as I can. Mi Cha blushes, pulling away from him.

"You look gorgeous as usual." Jonghyun whispers to Mi Cha, but not softly enough fro me not to catch it.

"Thanks handsome." Mi Cha replies, giggling. Jonghyun turns to me.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks and I nod silently. Mi Cha hugs me.

"Message me when you get to Canada! Oh and bring me some of that famous Canadian bacon and Maple Syrup." She giggles.

"Yah!!! Mi Cha, don't you know meats aren't allowed over the border? Besides, Canada is known for more than just its bacon and maple syrup you know?" I say teasingly.

"Well, bacon sure is important." Jonghyun says, kissing Mi Cha's hair. Mi Cha, kisses him on the cheek and turns to me.

"Good luck sis!" She says, hugging me.

"Hey! What about me?" Jonghyun asks and Mi Cha giggles.

"Who are you again?" She asks, teasing him.

"No fair." Jonghyun says, pretending to be hurt. I feeling the burning in my stomach getting stronger.

"Just kidding. Good luck!" She says, blowing him a kiss. 

"Okay, let's go." I say, a little colder than I wanted but neither of them seem to notice.

"Kaja!" Jonghyun says, turning around and I see that he has his guitar strapped to his back.

"Uhh, Jonghyun, why did you bring your guitar?" I ask him as we walk away from a still waving Mi Cha.

"You never know when inspiration might hit." He says as we walk towards the gate and sit down.

"You do realize there's still another hour til out flight?" I ask and he nods.

"Okay, well, are you going to stay here?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah, I think I'll stay for a bit and catch some sleep." He says.

"Could you watch my stuff then please?" I ask him, wanting to wander around duty free.

"Yeah sure." He says, leaning back and closing his eyes. As I turn around to leave, he suddenly opens his eyes again. "Wait! Mi Kyong!" He calls after me and my heart stops.

"Yeah?" I reply, keeping my tone cool to mask my beating heart.

"Give you your number so that I can contact you if the plane has delays or something happens." He says.

"Oh. Right." I say flatly, feeling a little bit disappointed. Stupid Mi Kyong, what did you think he was going to do? Propose to you and whisk you away to a castle? The sad thing is, a part of me said yes. I took his phone and entered in my name as a contact then he texts me and I add him.

"There!" He says and closes his eyes again. "Aren't you going shopping?" He asks, after a few moments and opens his eyes. I realize I've been staring at his perfect jawline and face and I blush a deep red.

"Y-yeah, just going to be going now." I stutter awkwardly and walk away, shaking it out of my head.

Jonghyun's POV

She looks so cute when she blushes, I think to myself as I watch her walk down over to the duty free stores. Suddenly, I don't feel tired anymore, I stand up, stretching and look over at her retreating figure and sigh. She left me all her stuff, it'll be hard to carry all of it, not to mention I have my own belongings as well.

"Excuse me miss, could you watch my bags for me?" I ask a middle aged foreigner sitting beside me. She blinked at me a few times, startled by my english. As broken as it was, it was enough to convey the message.

"Umm, sure." She says and nods. I take all of the important stuff like out passports, money, hotel booking and put it in my "man purse" as Mi Cha calls it. I thank the woman and leave to find Mi Kyong. By this time, she's already disappeared into the crowd. I look around to see if I can find her, she's wea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter