Choice

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Kyong's POV

Park Mi Kyong 100

Kim Jonghyun 99

I looked at it and squealed. Oh my gosh, I had just come in first place in the written competition, I felt like I was floating on a cloud. 

"Congrats." I hear Jonghyun say from behind me and I turn around and hug him as tightly as I can before I realize what I'm doing. I pull away blushing and he smiles at me.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"Well, let's now dawdle, let's go grab our access cards and find out whom our partners are!" He says grabbing my hand excitedly and walking towards admistration. I pry myself from his grasp, remembering now that I was supposed to avoid him. He frowns when he feels my hand gone but doesn't say anything any further.

"Hello again!" I say to the administration lady as she hands us our packages.

"Congratulations!" She says and I bow to her and exit the building with my package.

"Hey! Mi Kyong, how'd you do?" My friends ask as I exit the building. 

"I failed." I say, trying to hold in my giggles and my friends faces fall.

"No way, that ! Hey, there's always next year." I hear all around me and I can't take it anymore and burst into giggles.

"Just kidding, I got first place! I aced the exam." I say and everyone looks relieved and starts celebrating.

"Let's go out for hot pot!" Taecyeon announces and I smile happily, I get into Taeyeon's car and we drive over to Hot Pot Palace.

"Wow!" I say, as we get off the car and I see Taemin, Mi Cha, Onew and Key there already having the tables.

"Wahh! Mi Kyong, I'm so proud of you!" Mi Cha says happily and enfulges me in a big hug.

"I have one pretty amazing girlfriend." Taemin beams at me and pecks me lightly on the lips. I blush.

"Suprise! Taec told us the good news, we knew you could do it!" Key says and Onew gives me a big thumbs up. I sit down in a chair and everyone else sits down, there is one empty chair beside me.

"Oh? Who's chair is that?" I ask Taemin who's sitting on my right. 

"Umm, I'm not sure, Key umma probably invited someone." He replies puzzling over it.

"You got that right, I invited the other person we need to congratulate, Jonghyun-sshi!" He says and everyone freezes, each for different reasons. Key looks at everyone's shocked faces and looks confused. "What? Did I do something wrong?" He asks and no one answers him. 

"So do you know whom your partner is yet?" Taeyeon asks me and I shake my head.

"Well, wait until Jonghyun gets here and you two can open your envelopes together and tell us the good news." He says and I nod. Just as he finishes, Jonghyun arrives, eyes wide open to see me here. 

"Err... Hi again." I say awkwardly doing a weird hand wave and Jonghyun smiles warily at me.

"Jonghyunnie! I knew you could do well!" Mi Cha cheers and hugs him really tightly. Jonghyun stands there awkwardly and Key clears his throat. 

"Okay, so in honor of Jonghyun and Mi Kyong's win, let the feast begin." He says and winks. He opens the lid and inside its a bubbling broth that makes my mouth water with lamb and beef. They even had the sauce that I liked the best.

"Wow! My favourite!" Jonghyun and I say at the same time and everyone laughs as we look away awkwardly. 

"Okay, so tell us how it went! What did you end up with Jjongie?" Mi Cha asks.

"Oh, I got a 99 but Mi Kyong did amazing, she got an 100!" Jonghyun says and I blush modestly.

"That's great!" Mi Cha congratulates giving us a sincere smile but I see past it. 

"Taemin, aren't you going to congratulate your girlfriend?" I smile at Taemin and point to my cheek, but watching Mi Cha relax a little bit beside Jonghyun. 

"Of course." Taemin says, looking a little confused but still giving me a kiss. Jonghyun fumes at my left and scootch the tiniest bit away from him.

"Here, the food is ready." Key says stirring the soup and Onew produces a bucket of fried chicken.

"WTF?" Key asks and Taeyeon gives him the evil eye. "I mean, wow that's fantastic?" Key says, gulping under her gaze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter