Opportunity Knocks

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Kyong's POV

I look towards Onew and Mi Cha to see if I should answer it and Onew gives me an approving nod. With a pained expresson, I press the talk button on my phone.

"Yobeseyo?" I answer, walking away from the scene as I did.

"Mi Kyong, I need you to come into the office right away." My dad says urgently over the phone. I mouth "I have to go" to the others and they nod, Minho, who just showed up offers to drive me.

"So, when did you show up?" I ask Minho, slightly confused.

"I showed up just around the time Mi Cha ran out the door crying." Minho answers curtly. 

"I see." I say, quietly.

"It's not your fault." Minho says and I look at him as if I heard him wrong.

"I should've stayed though." I say guiltily.

"There wasn't anything left for you to do and you're right, it was your choice whether to date Jonghyun or not." Minho says quietly and somehow, they just bring me peace. We sit the rest of the car ride in silence with me giving him the occasional direction. 

"Thanks for the ride Minho." I say gratefully.

"No problems, if you ever need someone to talk to..." He says and I nod in appreciation. I walk inside the glass building and apprach the secretorial desk. 

"Good afternoon Derek." I say greeting the tall African American man sitting at the desk in English. 

"Oh, hello Mi Kyong!" He greets me back. "Come to see Mr. Park?" He asks and I nod. "Go right up." He says, gesturing for me to pass through.

"Thanks!" I say and head up the elevator and look out through the glass sides. Being on the elevator reminds of the time my daddy took us to Toronto Canada. We went up the elevator in the CN tower, Mi Cha clung to my mom's skirt but I loved the sensation of flying up and watching the ground disappear beneath me. The bell dings and I realize that I have to get off.

"Ah, Mi Kyong, glad you came." My dad says and I step onto his floor. This entire floor of the building is his office. Right at the elevator entrance is Lisa, my daddy's personal secretary. She and my mom are best friends. Then right behind the recieving desk/hall, it opens up to a high ceiling glass walled room. The carpet is a dark grey and there are tasteful potlights on the ceiling. On one end of the room is a giant monitor near some lounge chairs and a pretty aquarium. On the other side is my daddy's desk and chair and a conference table like set-up. I used to come up here after school and do my homework and I still do sometimes just alone when my daddy's away on a business trip.

"Hi Lisa, why did my dad call me here so urgently?" I ask confused.

"You'll see." She says with a twinkle in her eye and unlocks the door. 

"Mi Kyong! Good, you showed up." My dad says and he gestures for me to sit down, next to a pretty blonde lady who was facing me on the opposite end.

"Oh! Annyoghaseyo! Chonun Mi Kyong iminida!" I say bowing 90 degrees at my idol. BoA. Even though I was super ecstatic to see her and for her to be here, I had to maintain my comosure. Come on Mi Kyong, dead puppies, dead puppies, dead puppies! I chanted in my head to kill some of my excitement. Ahh, this isn't working.

"Ahh, Park Mi Kyong-sshi, welcome." She says, sticking out her hand gracefully for me to shake. I support my elbow while doing so to show respect.

"So, Mi Kyong, I was just telling your dad how impressed I was with you!" She says and my dad beams at me. 

"Oh, um, kamshamnida." I say awkwardly not really knowing how to take compliment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter