Complications

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Kyong's POV

As promised, Jonghyun was waiting outside my house ready to take us back to the hospital. 

"Will you drive me to school? Mine and Mi Cha's shared car is still there." I say and he makes a turn off of our route. The silence is really awkward. I want to talk to him but I can't. I don't know how to start. I look down at my lap and pull at a loose thread on my shirt sleeve. My hair falls into my face and Jonghyun notices and sweeps it back into place. I feel my face flush and I look away.

"Your hair looks good down. You should wear it down more often." He comments and I look at him.

"Why does it matter? It doesn't fall in perfect waves like Mi Cha's hair." I say and he looks at me.

"You look beautiful just the way you are." He says and I look away. He starts humming along to a song. Your Name. He starts singing along with it, and without realizing it, I start singing in harmony with him just as if it were meant to be. We get to the hospital and he stops the car. He looks over at me and stares deep into my eyes. Then suddenly we're kissing again, just like last time, there are sparks flying everywhere. I feel my heart beating quickly, his lips are full of passion. Then I break away, remembering again that he wasn't my boyfriend. I slap him across the face.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I hiss angrily. "You are my sister's boyfriend!" I yell at him, not sure who I was convincing, him or myself. He looks back at me hurt but before he can reply, I grab my sister's stuff and storm off into my car. I drive towards the hospital cursing myself the whole way for giving in, I drive about 20km over the speed limit and beat Jonghyun there. As I make my way to my sister's room, Dr. Siwon is there.

"The surgery was very successful, however, Mi Cha has four ulcers and has petronitis. We will need to keep her in the hospital for about two or three weeks to monitor her condition while she heals." Dr. Siwon says.

"Will she be okay?" I ask and Dr. Siwon nods. I release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Thank you doctor." A deep male voice rumbles behind me and I turn around and see that it's my dad and closely behind him, Jonghyun.

"Daddy!" I say and run to hug him. He'd been on a business trip for a few weeks. He was always travelling, his job required him to.

"Hey baby!" He says hugging me back, I was definitely a daddy's girl. He raises his eyebrows at Jonghyun.

"Hello there." He greets Jonghyun and Jonghyun bows back respectfully.

"Annyonghaseyo." He says formally.

"Who are you?" My dad asks.

"He's Mi Cha's boyfriend." I say, not realizing the biterness in my voice until now. Jonghyun and my dad look at me strangely. I exchange a look with my dad and he nods.

"Nice to meet you Jonghyun." He says, extending his hand in a handshake, Jonghyun supports his own arm when he shakes hands with my dad.

"So how long are you staying for?" I ask my dad.

"For about two months, I'm working at head office." He says and I squeal in happiness. My dad was a business partner at a major conglomerate company, he often travelled around the world to oversee projects and everytime he'd bring me back something special.

"So, come catch me up on what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter