Doubt

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Kyong's POV

“Did you hear the news?” Victoria asks us excitedly as she meets us in our regular spot in the library. I look up, she has her hair in a side pony and is wearing a top that is showing some of her shoulder. Uh oh, Nickhun isn’t going to be happy.

“What news?” Taeyeon asks excitedly. For someone who’s so tomboyish, she eats gossip up like its lunch.  (A/N: LOL, did I really just say that?) Then again, it could just be her ajhumma like tendencies.

“Kim Jonghyun hooked up with Kyongie’s sister!” Victoria exclaims loudly, rewarding her with a warning look from the librarian. Instantly, Taeyeon looks at me with concern and in that split second, I know she remembers. I gave her an imperceptible nod and she looked away. Victoria, missing the exchange, continued on.

“They are like THE hottest couple in the school right now.” Victoria beamed at me and then noticed the silence. “What’s the matter guys?” She asks, confused.

“Uh, nothing, I just have something in my eye.” I say lamely, feeling tears prick my eyes. No, stay calm, deep breath in, you didn’t spend years perfecting your mask for nothing. I tell myself.

“Yeah, there’s a lot of dust in the library, let’s go get some fresh air.” Taeyeon suggests hooking her arm through mine and Victoria linking the other. I cheer up immediately. How couldn’t I with friends like these. As we walk down the hallway, I pass my Jonghyun and Mi Cha making lovey dovey eyes and my stomach churns. Wait a minute, did I just say MY Jonghyun?

“Hey Mi Kyong!” Mi Cha calls to me and winks. I feel like my heart is making an audible tearing noise right now. Jonghyun stands and studies my face. I plaster a smile onto my face and wave back, walking out quickly with my friends. Some fresh air and sunshine will wipe his face out of my mind, but I know it’s hopeless. His expression filled with a slight surprise and warmth and something else made me wonder. Did he remember me? I shook my head to clear my thoughts and went to catch up with Taeyeon and Victoria.

Jonghyun’s POV

I look down at Mi Cha and smile. I finally worked up the courage to ask her out, I’ve been crushing on her forever, like the day that she fell off the swing set and I helped her. I knew it was her the moment I looked into her deep brown eyes. I’m surprised she doesn’t remember it though, I was a little disappointed when she didn’t and when I gave her a blue band aid with stars on it, all she said was how cute. But that’s besides the point, what is important is that we’re together now.

“Hey Mi Kyong!” Mi Cha calls and I look up. Then I make eye contact with someone who looks very similar to Mi Cha, but has deep brown eyes hidden behind a pair of thick black frames. She looks slightly hurt and startled to see me. Those deep brown eyes, makes me wonder. I look back to Mi Cha confused, I did pick the right girl right?

“That’s my twin sister, Mi Kyong.” Mi Cha explained and I nodded. Amazing how in the time I’ve known her, which is like forever, I didn’t know she had a twin sister. I looked back at her retreating figure trying to sort out my confused emotions.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter