Five years later...

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mi Kyong's POV

“… and he asked you to sign this while he was away.” My assistant says handing a contract to me as well as a coffee as I made my way to my car. I run a hand through my hair and take the contract from her.

“Why is he giving this to me? We haven’t even signed the merger yet.” I say skimming through it and my assistant shrugs.

“He just wanted your opinion on it.” She says.

“Okay, thanks Sonya.” I say, getting into the car and she waves good bye at me.

“Have a good trip miss!” She says as I roll up my window.

“124 Cherry Blossom.” I say to my driver and he knows where to go immediately.

“Visiting Ms. Jung again?” He asks.

“Just a get together with the girls. We’re having lunch in an hour and Nicole wanted to test out her new jet.” I say rolling my eyes.

“That sounds like Nicole alright.” Greg says chuckling and I feel a small smile creep its way onto my face.

“Yeah no kidding.” I say, sitting back in my chair looking at the contract closely. I’m only halfway through when we arrive at Nicole’s house.

“Thanks Greg.” I say when he opens the door for me.

“Anytime.” He says smiling to me and I get out. I walk to her door and let myself in.

“Good morning Miss Park!” Gretta, Nicole’s housekeeper says to me.

“Good morning.” I greet her, nodding.

“Miss Jung is waiting for you in the lounge.” Gretta says and I nod to dismiss her and she hurries away.

“Athena Mi Kyong Park! What took you so long?” Nicole asks me in mock anger.

“Sorry! I was caught up in a meeting with my board of directors. It’s not easy being CEO and president you know.” I say putting my hands up in mock surrender.

“Hey, that’s no fair. Amber got here on time and she flew in from Paris!” Nicole says.

“Okay, okay. I accept defeat and take consequences for my actions.” I say and Nicole giggles.

“Good.” She says, dragging me into the lounge.

“Ahh, look who decided to show up.” Victoria says leaning back casually on the couch.

“Oh my gosh, Vic, is that you?” I ask surprised at the figure on the couch.

“Miss me?” She asks smirking and I run over and greet her in a big hug.

“What do you think?” I ask, face buried in her shoulder and she laughs.

“Missed you too.” She says patting me on the shoulder.

“What are you doing here?” I ask, looking up at her genuinely shocked.

“What? Can’t I see my best friend if I want to? Even if she is some hot shot CEO.”  Vic says and I roll my eyes.

“No seriously though, I haven’t seen you in forever!” I say even though I had seen her just a few weeks ago. Vic broke up with Nickhun for good after she found him cheating on her for the 5th time.  She met Zhou Mi in a coffee shop by accident. After she got married to Zhou Mi, a very successful business lawyer, one of the partners at his very large firm and we met up on a monthly basis in anywhere that wasn’t Korea. Vic got close to Amber and Nicole really fast and from then on we were all really close friends.

“Zhou Mi was here in New York for business and he asked if I wanted to come. I couldn’t pass up the chance of seeing my dearest friend again.” She explains and I smile at her.

“Well come on, you don’t want to keep Nicole waiting do you?” Amber asks and we both shake our heads.

“Oh wow.” I say stepping into Nicole’s jet. Even though the rest of us had our fair share of wealth, nothing we had could really compare to this. Nicole was really well off with to begin with and her clothing line was just taking off so she is celebrating by buying this jet.

“Congrats Nicole!” Amber says high fiving her and Nicole laughs.

“So, where do you want to go guys? Paris? London?” She asks.

“Well, I have to be back in two hours for a meeting so…” I reason.

“Awe, Athena, you’re no fun.” Nicole pouts. “Well, I guess I’ll just have my cook bring us some lunch and we can pretend we’re flying in the plane.” She says grinning and we all laugh.

“That sounds fine.” Amber says laughing and as the laughter dies down, the topic turns back to me.

“So Athena, your trip back to Korea is tomorrow right?” Nicole asks and I sigh.

“You’re going back to Korea?” Victoria asks with a raised eyebrow.

“I guess. I don’t know if I can though.” I reply.

“Five years have passed, should you be able to go back there now?” Nicole asks me.

“I really don’t have a choice this time.” I say sighing, “My company is signing a deal and Kevin wants me there.”

“I suppose you’re going to accept the invitation?” Amber asks.

“I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.” I say. I finger the cream coloured paper with gold lettering on it that’s on the desk. I handed Nicole her invitation last week and she squealed in a pitch I didn’t know humans could hear. You’re cordially invited to celebrate the wedding of…

“You still wear his necklace?” Victoria asks me and I freeze up. The first night, I took off the necklace and threw it in the trash can out of anger and then spent another 30 minutes digging through the trash can in tears to find it. I couldn’t throw it away, I just liked the necklace too much and the person who gave it to me.

“Yeah.” I say pausing before replying and Amber and Nicole look at me curiously.

“Hey, promise me something?” Vic asks me.

“Anything.” I promise her.

“Promise me that you’ll come to a concert with me when we get to Korea.” She says.

“Okay, I promise.” I say and she smiles knowingly whereas I am confused. What does she have planned up her sleeve?

“The food is here!” Nicole says ecstatically and we laugh at her eagerness to eat. We talk more through lunch just catching up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter