Loose Ends

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mi Kyong’s POV

I slip on my sunglasses and step into a small boutique in the Gangnam shopping district, looking around at all the beautifully designed dresses. Taeyeon. I think to myself, looking at a gorgeous silk piece that was modeled by the French inspired windows.

“Is there something I can help you with Miss?” A voice asks me and I turn around to see Taeyeon with her hair pulled back into a bun, a few strands that escaped were hanging in front of her face.

“Yes, I’m looking for a wedding dress.” I reply to her and she smiles.

“Right this way.” She says, bringing me to another section of the store. I look through the seemingly endless racks of white fabrics; chiffon, silk, cotton.

“Did you design all of these?” I ask her and she nods.

“Each dress here is one of a kind; I took to sewing each of them by hand.” She replies.

“Wow, these designs are incredibly.” I breathe, looking at an intricately designed dress that was a single piece of silk with patterns cut from it.

“That one took about two days.” Taeyeon says, referring to the piece I was holding. “I designed about two dozen dresses just for my friend Victoria. She kept wanting different things so I catered to it.”

“Victoria Mi? The woman married to Zhou Mi?” I ask her and Taeyeon nods.

“She’s a really good friend of mine, together, her, me and…” She trails off biting her lip, looking towards a framed picture of the three of us.

“Is that your other friend?” I ask her, observing her reaction.

“Well, she was at least…” Taeyeon says sighing. “If only I hadn’t screwed up so much.”

“What happened?” I ask her again.

“It’s a long story.” She says, looking wistfully towards the picture and turns away. “Anyways, enough about my life, are there any designs you like?”

“Uh, yes, well you see, I’d like one designed for me. My fiancé, he’s all for the traditional kinds of things.” I reply and Taeyeon smiles.

“No problem, do have a basic idea of what you want? Or would you like to go through the store and tell me which things you like off of what dress?” She asks me, grabbing a sketchbook from under a counter.

“I’d like the latter.” I reply and we go through the store, me telling her what I’d like and her jotting down notes.

“Alright, and if I could just take your measurements please?” She asks me and I nod. She grabs a tape measure from under that counter of hers and records down measurements.

“Is there something the matter?” I ask her and she shakes her head.

“No, it’s just… I’ve only seen your measurements twice before this. Once on my friend’s twin sister and once on my friend.” She says and I laugh.

“Well, I’m glad this is being designed for me then.” I say and she chuckles a little bit but she doesn’t lose the sad wistful look to her eyes.

“Who should I make the cheque out to?” I ask her and her eyes widen.

“Oh no, you pay upon the completion and satisfaction of the dress.” She says, holding her hands up in a stop sort of gesture.

“Nonsense.” I say, handing her a cheque for five thousand dollars. “I’ll leave the name blank, you can fill it in yourself. I’ll be back in two days to check on your progress okay? Thanks, bye.” I say leaving her completely shell-shocked.

“Ma’am?” She calls after me, running out of the store, but I’m already in my car zooming away. I look at her read the name on the cheque and she gapes in surprise.

“What is Athena, that famous CEO doing at my shop?” Taeyeon asks herself as she returns inside. I smile, knowing that Victoria’s going to get a call when Taeyeon reads the message on the back of the cheque asking her to be one of my bridesmaids.

“Yoboseyo?” I answer when my phone rings, “Kevin? You’re here? Arasso, we’re coming to pick you up right now.”

“Incheon?” The driver asks and I nod.

“Yes please, thanks.” I say and sit back in my seat. My fiancé is here but for some reason, I’m not terribly excited. I enter the airport and stand towards the side with my arms crossed, waiti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter