Circumstances

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Kyong's POV

The days leading up to the written exam passed in a hurry. As I got closer and closer to Taemin, I also got closer to Key and Onew. The ironic thing was, the closer I got to Jonghyun's friends, the farther he got from them. He spent most of his time with Mi Cha and Minho while I talked to Key and Onew and Taemin a lot. Taeyeon and Key were getting closer too, but Victoria was still having problems with Nickhun.

Here it was, the day of the SMBC written exam. 100 questions, 60 minutes. Oh my gosh, I'm so incredibly nervous.

"Good luck!" Taeyeon says, hugging me and giving me my lucky pencil. 

"You're going to do great, you aced all the practice exams." Taecyeon says giving me a quick squeeze as well.

"Here, good luck Mi Kyong!" Victoria says and hands me a lunch box she made herself and I smile. Taeyeon waves at me, Taecyeon gives me a thumbs up and Victoria smiles at me as I make my way into the SM building towards the designated signs. I leave my lunch box in a little pink plastic container with my name printed on the side. A few rows over, I see Jonghyun's name printed neatly on a small plastic blue container as well. I sigh and put my purse and personal belongings into the container. I walk over to a woman sitting at a desk in front of the testing room. 

"Name?" She asks me as I approach the desk.

"Park Mi Kyong." I reply and she types it in with a few of the keyboard. She hands me an access card and a simple four functions calculator, an SM printed notebook and a pen with my name on it. Wow, SM must've spent quite a bit on this contest. 

"Computer 53." She tells me and nods once when I thank her. I walk into the testing room and it is absolutely huge! Relatively, this is SM's smallest computer room used to host the ITs before they were upgraded to the south wing, now they use it every year for the SMBC exams. I walk up and down the rows trying to find my computer. 49, 50, 51, 52, ah here it was, computer 53. I look over at the clock but a tuft of blond hair catches my eye. Jonghyun. He must have gotten in too, my eyes widen. He doesn't really seem like a business type of guy but then again, he must've applied and went through prelims to get here and he was in the hallway that one day.

"Attention all contestants, the exam will begin in five minutes, attention all contestants, the exam will begin in five minutes." A voice announces over the loud speakers just as the last remaining people file into the room. I close my eyes and try to review all my knowledge before starting the exam.

"Please insert your access card now, the test will begin in one minute." The speaker announces again and I insert my access card and press the ready button on my touch screen monitor. The countdown starts for one minute. After what seems like the longest minute of my life, the screen flashes and the exam begins. 

The first questions appears onscreen

 

When filing a tort against a business, the plaintiff must establish that the defendant  A. damaged property intentionally.   C. conspired with a competitor.   B. breached the duty of care.   D. violated the doctrine of sovereign immunity.      This one is easy, B, Breached the duty of care. The duty of care is the basic principle that expects all individuals and businesses to exhibit socially responsible behavior by using caution to prevent harm and by
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter