Confidence

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Kyong's POV

"Mi Kyong!" Mi Cha called me as she walked over to Taeyeon and me. She only got a few meters before she collapsed on the ground.

"Mi Cha!" I cried out and ran towards her and helped her up. "Are you okay?" I asked her and she nodded and tried to stand but couldn't. Then she slumped down in defeat and shook her head. Taeyeon and I helped her to the car and drove her to the hospital. 

"It looks like Mi Cha has some serious damage done to the ligaments in her ankle. It requires surgery." The doctor says looking at her x-rays.

"But the fashion show is tomorrow night!" Mi Cha cries and I bite my lip in worry.

"We have booked a surgery for you, I'm sorry, you won't be able to perform in any rigorous activities for another three months or so." The doctor says and Mi Cha looks panicked.

"WHAT?!?" She bursts out.

"I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do." The doctor says shaking his head and exits the room and my mother follows to sign the paperwork.

"Ottoke?" Mi Cha asks in despair. Taeyeon looks deep in thought and the suddenly she lights up.

"What if Mi Kyong took your place in the fashion show and in cheerleading practice?" Taeyeon asks and my eyes widenn.

"Yes!" Mi Cha shouts as I say "No!" at the same time. We look at each other.

"Please?" Mi Cha begs.

"Mi Cha, I can't be you! I don't know how to do any of those crazy stunts you do in cheerleading and besides, I'm already in the fashion show." I protest.

"You took gymnastics up until Grade 6." Mi Cha says and Taeyeon adds, "Besides, I could pull some strings and make sure you and Mi Cha aren't in the same time frame in the show. You could wear her clothes since you two are the exact same size." 

"But, Mi Cha's doing a duet at the show!" I gulp.

"Yeah, not like you don't have it memorized already, I'm sure my duet partner won't mind. Just do it, please?" She begs me and I roll my eyes.

"I'll do the fashion show but not cheerleading." I say and Mi Cha pouts.

"Please? If you don't, my team can't compete." She says.

"Let me finish, I won't do the cheerleading team however, Victoria could." I say and Mi Cha agrees.

"So it's settled then, Mi Kyong will take your place in the fashion show and you just concentrate on getting better, arasso?" Taeyeon concludes and Mi Cha nods and lies down. What have I gotten myself into?

It's the night of the fashion show and since Mi Kyong is on first, I get to be myself. Key, being in on the plan comes in to do my make-up. The only people in on the plan are Taemin, Victoria, Taeyeon and Key.

"Hmm, where should we start." Key ponders aloud and pulls my hair back into a high ponytail and tells me to close my eyes. I do and he gets to work.

"So Mi Kyong, what are you interested in?" He asks, trying to start some conversation.

"I like business and languages." I say, "How about you?"

"Isn't it obvious?" He asks and I laugh. "Fashion obviously!" He says.

"Besides that." I say.

"Hmm, well, I also like singing and dancing." He says and I look up suprised.

"Hey! Close your eyes if you don't want to get poked by this brush." He says and I close my eyes obediently. We start talking and Key actually seems like a pretty cool guy, he's a real diva but still warm hearted and caring. For such a popular guy, he really isn't what I expected at all. Our conversation topic wanders off to Taeyeon.

"So is Taeyeon seeing anyone?" He asks me and I open one eye to peek at him.

"Why? You interested?" I tease and he blushes.

"No, I was j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter