Promises and Gifts

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun's POV

After a few hours on the plane, I'd slept through most of it, but judging by the way Mi Kyong was leaning against the window of the rental car while trying to write down some notes with her eyes half open, she hadn't.

"Hey, Mi Kyong." I said, shaking her lightly and she woke up a bit.

"Whaa?" She asks.

"Come on, we have to go check in." I say, grabbing her hand. She shakes my hand off.

"Okay." She says, sort of waking up, but still half asleep. I leave her in the car and just go check in myself.

"Hello." I say, greeting the woman at the check-in desk.

"Good evening sir, do you have a reservation?" The woman at the front desk asks.

"Um, I'm actually here as part of the SMBC competition." I say.

"Oh alright, name please?" She asks.

"Kim Jonghyun." I say and she types it into her computer.

"Here it is, room 983, how many key cards would you like?" She asks.

"Two please." I say and she scans them into the computer.

"Could I get you to sign here please Mr. Kim? Breakfast is from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., the pool is outside and pool hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. There is free wifi in our lobby. Please enjoy your stay!" She says cheerfully and I sign the paper trying to memorize the details even with my poor english. When I get back to the car, Mi Kyong has fallen completely asleep across the chair.

"Mi Kyong-ah, wake up." I say, gently shaking her and she rubs her eyes sleepily. I sigh and pick up all of our luggage from the rental car while trying to carry Mi Kyong piggy back. Thank goodness for those little luggage carts, I think getting into the elevator. I press the 9 button and after a few seconds, the bell dings and we get off at our floor. I open up our room and let me tell you it's not an easy thing to do with a person on your back. As soon as I get in, I realize that they've given us a King Guestroom. Now you might think that this is great, but problem is, there's only one bed. Wow SMBC, you'd think that having co-ed rooms wasn't enough, now they were going to make us sleep together, what are you trying to promote here? Not that I minded... I place the key card on the table and lay Mi Kyong on the bed.

I realize that I had forgotten to take the luggage trolley back and I do so right away. When I get back up to the room, I realize that I've forgotten my key card. Crap. I knock on the door hoping Mi Cha would answer but of course, there was no answer. I sighed and sat in front of our room, slowly, I drifted off to sleep without even realizing it.

Mi Kyong's POV

I wake up and find myself in an unfamiliar room with all the lights on. I look at the clock and see that it is 3:00 a.m. I rub my eyes and look around the room. In one corner, I see my luggage and Jonghyun's luggage. Jonghyun! I gasp and look around for him.

"Jonghyun?" I call into the room wondering if he was magically hiding in the room somewhere. I waited for a response but didn't get one, so I decided to walk towards the door. When I got closer to the door, I could hear soft snoring on the other side.  “Jonghyun?” I ask again, opening the door, when suddenly a body falls backwards into the room.

“Whaa-?” Jonghyun asks, eyes flying open.

“What were you doing here?” I ask, confused.

“Uh... I left my room key in and you were asleep and knocking on the door.” He says sleepily.

“What? Try that again.” I say, slightly confused.

“I left my room key in the room when I was returning the luggage trolley and I was locked outside. I just happened to fall asleep at the door.” He says.

“You know you could’ve just gone down to the lobby and asked for another room key, you know?” I say, rolling my eyes, trying to keep a grin off my face.

“Oh... right.” He says sheepishly and I chuckle.

“Well, come on in then.” I say, grabbing him by the collar and pulling him up.

“Hey!” He says, surprised that I pulled him. I step away from the door and he stops it from closing with his foot. I take a look around the room and notice there is only one bed.

“Uhh, Jonghyun, why is there only one bed?” I ask him.

“Well... about that, I can just sleep on the floor.” He says, scratching his head. “SMBC gave us a room with only one bed you see.”

“Oh.” I say, blushing at the awkward situation.

“Yeah.” He says.

“Um, well I’m going to go wash up then.” I say backing up.

“Err, okay, I’m going to get some shut eye then.” He says, lying on the ground.

“You can just sleep on the bed for now.” I say, entering the bathroom.

“Oh, uh thanks.” He says. Oh my gosh, this is so awkward right now I think as I lock the door. I shake it out of my head and take my clothes off to take a shower. After a nice warm shower, I step out and wrap a towel around myself. I look around and realize I forgot to bring my clothes to the bathroom.  Crap. I decide to tip toe out quietly since Jonghyun should be sleeping right? I walk out of the bathroom, wrapped only in a towel and collide with Jonghyun and he falls on top of me.

“Eunfgh!” Jonghyun grunts, falling down and both our eyes widen. I realize that he’s not wearing a shirt... or pants.

“OH MY GOSH!” I yell, startled and super embarrassed.

“HOLY CRAP!” Jonghyun exclaims, suprised as well.

“Why are you !” I ask so disoriented.

“Why are you wet!” He asks.

“I don’t understand!” I say, still confused from being embarassed.

“Oh my gosh! What the heck!” He yells, still on top of me. I quickly rolled to the side and grabbed my towel, wrapping it tightly around myself, he stumbled up and quickly went to the bathroom with his eyes covered. I sighed, not yet recovered from that traumatic experience. I get changed into my pajamas as fast as I can.

“Okay! I’m decent!” I yell at him in the bathroom and face the wall as he gets changed.

“Why were you ?” I ask.

“I was getting changed.” He replies and I blush a deep red colour.

“Oh.” I say, almost exploding from embarrasment.

“Okay, you can turn around now, I’m dressed.” He says and I sigh in relief. I turn around and see he’s only wearing a pair of boxers.

“Y-yah! Put a shirt on!” I say, quickly shutting my eyes.

“But it’s too hot!” He says.

“JUST PUT IT ON!” I yell at him.

“FINE! Sheesh!” He grumbles and pulls on a shirt and lies on the ground. I look at him lying on the ground with only a thin blanket and feel bad for him. I put up a barrier of pillows.

“Look, there’s a wall of pillows here, YOU CANNOT MOVE IT? Got it? Good.” I say.

“What?” He asks.

“You can sleep on that side of the bed.” I say.

“Omo, jinja?” He asks.

“Hurry up before I change my mind!” I say and he hurries and gets into the bed.

“Gomawo.” He says quietly, and pulls the blankets up over him.

“Yeah yeah, whatever, just don’t make me regret this.” I mumble to myself, but he’s already asleep. “Babo.” I whisper to myself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter