Alternative Ending Part II

Defence

 

Investigations were made and the police stopped by day after day. Victoria tired of the interrogations, but then Yoona’s Chief was there with her every time the cops stopped by, which helped ease a lot of things for her. With all these commotion, Victoria was also reintroduced to her parents, her nanny, and reunited with the bedroom they’d long kept clean for her. 
 
During that week of Victoria’s life, day in and day out of the hospital, were full of tears. The consequences she’d been waiting for were fully given to her in court: community service. 
 
- - - - -
 
A few months later…
 
The door opened and closed. Light footsteps made their way across the street toward the canteen. Looking in he spotted her immediately. Her face was bright and happy. It was the kind of facial expression she’d never been able to show him those few months back when they first met. However, he was glad that he was able to witness such a smile and that ever since the last incident she was still the same person.   
 
When she looked up and met his eyes, she grinned and waved cheerily. After a full 5 minutes Victoria met him by the doorway and they headed toward his car together. 
 
“I thought you were heading to Incheon today,” Victoria said. 
 
“My father went in my place. Why? Should I have gone after all?” Donghae asked. 
 
Victoria smiled, “If you wanted to, you should have gone. Ok Taecyeon could have picked me up instead.” 
 
Donghae snorted, “Ok Taecyeon, he’s not capable.” Donghae opened the car door and said, “Lets go eat some ice cream, but keep it a secret from that beast.” 
 
. . . . .
 
Victoria turned back to wave at Donghae before she headed into the gym. After all this time, Victoria was grateful for Donghae’s kindness. Because he worked in the firm and held a strong respectable image in public, his statements about her to the police helped keep her from being sentenced for life. She owed him her life at the most and for all they’ve been through together she was happy that he still wanted to be friends with her. To have him in her life was truly a blessing. 
 
Yoona was standing in the gym when she opened the door. The Chief had taken her off the schedule and Victoria only came to understand it a few weeks later as Donghae explained to her that Yoona had been suspended. So, whenever her friend was feeling bored she’d come over and take her out, or they’d play around in the gym instead. 
 
Yoona’s parents were welcoming and Victoria had only been at their house once. It was still the same as she remembered it. For about a week after Victoria recovered from her injuries they’d gone through the photo albums in Yoona’s home. And every photograph became more than just peaceful memories. 
 
“Donghae dropped you off?” Yoona greeted. “He didn’t spoil your appetite already, did he?” 
 
Victoria immediately spotted the bag of snacks in her hand and smiled. 
 
“He doesn’t know how to spoil my appetite,” Victoria told and snatched the bag from her, “lets see what’s in here first and decide if I still have room for food.” 
 
They sat down and had an original chat that led to many other topics of interest. Yoona would be reinstated two weeks from now and seeing her excited made Victoria heave a sigh of relief. 
 
When Yoona left, Victoria laid back on the mat and stared up at the ceiling. It had been so normal lately that she almost couldn’t believe reality itself. Her parents had began going out more and she’d even gone on an outing with them. She’d begun to understand the meaning of being alive again. 
 
Getting up she began rolling up the mat, but quickly spun around when she heard a knock at the door. A smile spilled over her face when she spotted Ok Taecyeon. 
 
“Why, you’re kind of late this evening,” she greeted. 
 
“And is that all you’re going to say?” Taecyeon asked walking in. “You and Yoona made a mess of the place again.” 
 
Victoria glanced at the wrappers lying on the ground and laughed. 
 
“Didn’t mean to.” 
 
He plopped down onto his knees on the mat and leaned on the part she’d already rolled up. 
 
“Make up for the rude greeting you gave me earlier,” he ordered. 
 
“How?”
 
He pressed his lips together and pointed to it with his finger. Victoria snorted in reply. 
 
“This is like taking candy from a baby.” 
 
“Do you even understand that expression?” he countered. 
 
Victoria just smiled and leaned forward. She thought she could almost hear his heart race, but she passed his face and picked a piece of grass off his shoulder. While moving back she could see his disappointed expression from the corner of her eyes and with a smile she quickly turned and gave him a peck at the corner of his lips. A smile of satisfaction grew on his lips just as she’d expected. 
 
“Happy?” she asked. “Now give me food.” 
 
Taecyeon’s smile disappeared and he asked, “You had ice cream earlier.” 
 
Victoria was almost speechless wondering how he knew. 
 
“Yah! I thought I told you not to eat anything that kid buys you?” 
 
“It’s ice cream,” Victoria replied coolly.
 
“Aish…you…” he muttered before pulling her over. 
 
A small scream escaped her when she landed beside him. Before she could react he threw an arm around her and gave her a kiss. 
 
“If you’re quiet, all is forgiven,” he said and gave her another kiss. 
 
That Saturday afternoon the scent of grilled beef swirled in the air. Victoria glanced toward her parents who were standing by the grill with tongs in hand and turned back to Donghae and Yoona. Though they could be considered exes, Victoria was also thankful for the fact that they remained connected. 
 
“He’s late,” Victoria muttered looking at her watch. 
 
The green yard was full of flowers and the large tree with the swings were nearby. Victoria would have liked to sit in them, but they were a little too small for her now. 
 
“It’s his style to be late,” Donghae explained. 
 
Yoona laughed, “Don’t tell me he’s still late for work these days.” 
 
“You would be amazed at the hours he clocks in,” Donghae added jokingly. 
 
“Oh! I think a car just pulled in,” Victoria said and got up. “I’ll go see.” 
 
Racing down the steps she stopped by the cars at the bottom and looked around. Maybe a car had just pulled pass. To her disappointment, Ok Taecyeon was no where in sight. She browsed her eyes around for a few more seconds and finally turned around. 
 
“Yah…you can’t even try to look for your boyfriend?” a voice made her turn around. 
 
Victoria spun around with a slight glare and waited for him to climb the steps toward her. 
 
“If you’re not going to be on time…” she started. 
 
Taecyeon grabbed her wrist and glanced at her watch, “It’s only 10 seconds past 4:30. Cool down.” 
 
Victoria scrunched her face up and grabbed his hand leading him up the steps. 
 
“Don’t forget, this is the first time you’ll be seeing them.” she told. 
 
“I’ve seen them before.” 
 
“Then it’s the first official meet,” Victoria corrected. 
 
He laughed before pulling her to a stop. 
 
“What?” she asked. 
 
“Shouldn’t you give me some confidence first?” 
 
Victoria stared at him with a curbed eyebrow before she pulled him close and gave him a kiss. 
 
“Good? Now, lets go!” she said pulling him up the stairs. 
 
“No! Wait! That was too fast! Do it again!” he called after her helplessly. 
 
For her parents, her nanny, Yoona, and Donghae Victoria promised to never let them out of her sight without a farewell. Because they were the people she always loved and will always love. And Ok Taecyeon who’d entered her life. Sort of like…a meteor crashing onto Earth. She’d always keep him by her side for ever and ever.  
 
They were people who gave her life meaning. She’d always protect them as they would her. 
 
The End
***This is it! Thank you everybody! For reading and enjoying! 
~minifantasy