10

Defence

- - - - -

“We fly to Masan,” Lee Jung Hwa clarified as the 20 of them gathered in the airport.

“There’s been suspicious group activity there. We’re going to infiltrate and capture at least one of them,” Lee Hyemi instructed. “Everyone remain together, ok?”

“This seems more like a training course rather than a hunt, don’t you think?” one of them whispered to the other.

Yoona sighed and looked around the airport. It was all a waste of time, exactly as Donghae had pointed out.

- - - - -

Taecyeon glanced around the building and felt his eyes move toward the doors again. Where was the CEO’s fiancée?

“Who are you looking for?” the receptionist wondered from behind him.

“Ah…the CEO.” Taecyeon lied.

“Ah…” the receptionist nodded. “About that…I don’t think you did anything wrong, either.”

“About that, don’t worry because I’m not. That Director’s bound to show up somewhere caught red handed,” Taecyeon assured, “trust me. My instincts are always right.”

The receptionist smiled encouragingly and they both turned as Donghae walked through the door looking somewhat distressed. It made Taecyeon curious to know where he’d gone for such a long time. To play around? Just as soon as that occurred to Taecyeon he wondered if Donghae had returned to his apartment to play around. He watched as Donghae walked down the hall without turning to glance at him.

“Psh, what’s with him?” Taecyeon wondered.

- - - - -

“Do you think he has another girl on his mind?” Donghae’s mother questioned over their cup of tea.

Her husband glanced back at her with his newspaper in front of him.

“Do you think he’s a two timer?”

His wife snatched the newspaper from him, “I’m talking about our son here.”

“I was too,” he defended reaching for the newspaper but his wife hid it behind her.

“Listen to me for a minute.”

“I’ve been listening to you for the whole hour.” he retorted trying to grab the newspaper from her.

She slapped his hand, “Do you think he has a girl in mind? What if he does? And that’s why he’s saying he won’t reschedule the wedding.”

“You’re making a big fuss out of nothing,” Donghae’s father tried assuring reaching for his newspaper from the recliner he was seated in.

His wife moved over dragging the newspaper along with her so that she sat farther away from him.

“How do we get rid of a girl who’s trying to steal our Yoona’s place?”

“How can I get my paper back from you?” Donghae’s father asked.

She stared at him with a small glare altogether with a frown. “I hope Yoona comes back soon and puts our son back in place.”

“Our son has always been in place. They’re just kids, they can fix things for themselves. They’re adults, you know?” Donghae’s father said.

“You just said they’re kids,” his wife stated.

Donghae’s father sighed, “I’m just saying. They’re old and well enough without needing old people like us nosing into their private lives.”

“What if this time around we do need to nose in?” his wife insisted.

“What if, what if. You always say what if.”

“Because you’re not worried about our son’s future at all!”

“I am worried,” Donghae’s father pointed out, “let the boy figure it out for himself. Even if he doesn’t look for his future it’ll come flying at him like a bullet. Don’t you think he’s been lucky all this while? It’s not like he’s going to lose the gold spoon he was born with.”

“The words out of your mouth is useless,” his wife scolded throwing the paper back at him, “keeping educating yourself.”

“Look at her,” he mumbled as she got up and walked out of the room.

- - - - -

Taecyeon returned to his apartment to find Victoria staring at the TV screen.

“Yah,” he called, “don’t you know how to do anything?”

“I am doing something,” Victoria began. “I was waiting for you to cook.”

She turned around and he couldn’t help but roll his eyes. Stumbling into the kitchen he glanced into the fridge.

“Yah,” he called again, “we’re out of food cause you ate them all. Go out and buy some more.”

“Me?” she asked. “Wouldn’t it be easier for you to go alone?”

“Who’s the freeloader in the house?”

“I’m cold, don’t want to.”

“You what? Psh!” Taecyeon ridiculed then glanced toward his bedroom where the bag she’d bought back with her yesterday sat. “You have a jacket in there, don’t you? Wear that.”

“Don’t want to.”

“Don’t laze around,” Taecyeon scolded, “and besides what do you have with the boss?”

“Who?” Victoria finally turned around. “Lee Donghae?”

“Whoa, whoa!” Taecyeon exclaimed. “You even call him by his name.”

“Why?”

“Yah,” Taecyeon started, “don’t you dare start clinging onto him. He has a fiancée already. So hands off.”

“Are you labeling me as a gold digger?” Victoria questioned. “Fine. Then you go out and buy your grocery.”

“What?!”

“Don’t you have a car? It’ll be easier to drive there and come back with a car instead of having to walk all the way there and back,” Victoria stated. “You were going to have me walk, weren’t you? You evil man.”

Taecyeon felt his mouth drop at her accusations. “Yah! Where do you come up with all these things?!”

Victoria turned around and just smiled.

After a few minutes Taecyeon found himself walking through the aisles with the cart in front of him. Victoria followed alongside him glancing at all the items on the shelves as if she’d never seen them before.

“Can we get these?” she pointed to a bag of cookies.

“Are you serious?” he questioned.

Victoria raised her eyebrows waiting for an answer.

“No,” he replied and moved on.

Victoria followed reluctantly.

“Look, get it into your head that we’re only here for the items we need.” he told shoving a list at her. “Go look for these. I’m going to get the meat.”

Taecyeon pushed the cart away with him and disappeared behind an aisle. After picking up the meat with a long debate about what to buy he bought pork, which was cheaper in pounds, and headed back down the aisle where Victoria had begged for cookies. Throwing the cookies into the cart he headed down the aisles recalling each item he’d had on the list. He expected to find Victoria with all the items browsing the store somewhere.

As he headed through aisles and aisles she was no where in sight. He headed down the aisle where the cold foods were and found Victoria standing from afar staring at some children tasting the food that was being handed out to them. She looked lost, distant, and kind of sad as if recalling memories she’d long forgotten. During that moment he felt kind of sorry for her.

He snatched the paper from her hand bringing her attention back to the present.

“Yah,” he scolded, “where’s the items I told you to get?”

“I…couldn’t find them!” she told loudly. “I haven’t been here before, ok? So, I got lost.”

“You got lost?” he raised his eyebrow and laughed. “An adult getting lost at a supermarket. Good one. I’ve never heard it before.”

He pushed the cart down the aisles picking and throwing each item into the cart. She followed behind silently making him even more curious about what she’d been thinking about. After they checked out, headed outside, and Victoria was putting the cart away he searched the bags for the cookies he’d bought.

“What are you doing?” she asked walking up behind him .

He grabbed the cookies and shoved them at her. “Here.”

“What?” she asked grabbing the cookies.

“Hold them so I can eat them in the car,” he told and closed the trunk.

“Can I eat some too?” she questioned getting in the front seat beside him.

“We’ll see,” he replied starting the engine.

- - - - -

Yoona stepped off the plane and waited for a taxi along with the others. She knew for sure Lee Jung Hwa wasn’t going to let them rest, yet. For some reason she felt like he disliked her.

“We leave, unpack, eat, and head out immediately,” he explained outside.

“Yes, sir.”

He browsed over the crowd, “This time we’ll all be staying at the same place. No complaints. When we gather again outside the hotel I’ll hand out firearms. I’ll expect each of us to be responsible for their own weapons and weapons are to be returned by the end of this mission, understand?”

“Understood.”

It was halfway dark when Yoona reached her room. As instructed she dropped off her suitcase, locked her door, and headed down where everyone else had gathered. After a quick meal they were rushed out immediately. Handguns were handed out to each and everyone one of them in the cars when they started down the road.

Directions were easy to remember. There wasn’t much of a role for Yoona to play. It was a follow and lead kind of play. They were to infiltrate the so-called hideout. If the FBI agents didn’t give the sign, no one was supposed to shoot. If one mistake were made it’d cost that person’s failure in the group. Yoona knew she definitely wasn’t going to be the one to make a mistake.


***A/N: yes this is a small complaint. Whoever's reading, and majority of those who subscribed I don't know the reason why you clicked on this. But I have a feel that most is reading this because they want to read typical romance between YoonHae and TaecYoon and I know you guys are big fans of them. But I'm going to tell you that this story will not be just about romance. Writing comical romance whatsoever isn't what I do anymore. I usually mean my stories to be for people who remain mature with my stories and take my stories for just being its own story and that is most important to me. I know a lot of people may think of the characters as idol idols but they're just plain names I'm taking for this particular story. If you guys want something different for the story let me know and I'll try to work it into the story - I'm not promising I'll do it because I do write the story out before hand f.y.i.

***Thank you