Chapter Eight

My Enemy... My Mate...

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this!Please see her website @ http://wattpad.com/JSPmarryme - author is JSPmarryme

 

 

 

Chapter Eight

 

 

 

“Mother we’re home,” I yelled walking through the front door.

 

Mom came running down the stairs and said, “Oh hey kids well you’re all home. We need to talk.”

 

“We need to talk too,” Jung Soo said.

 

“Okay let’s talk in the office so no one can listen in,” Mom said leading us to her office. The office is where she breaks bad news. It’s always been like that.

 

First that dad died then that I was being shipped halfway across the country.

 

We all took a seat on the couch and Yoochun said, “Okay mom you first.”

 

“Well as you all know in a week is the anniversary of your father’s…death and like every year we visit his grave together. We need to discuss mates and the pack. If your mates are coming and if we should go separately from the pack,” She said sadly.

 

"I don't think we want our rival at our dad's remembrance," Jung Soo said aimed towards me.

 

“I don’t think Jiyong or the reds can come,” I whispered quietly looking at my hands.

 

“Why would that be?” Yoochun asked curiously.

 

“They’re dad died too, the same day ours did,” I answered.

 

“Really?” they all asked at the same time.

 

“Yes,” I answered. “Excuse me I have to go.”

 

I ran out of there. I couldn’t handle it, talking about death that is. My dad’s and Jiyong’s, it’s just too hard. I don’t deal with my emotions, so I ran. I run to think, to get away and to just escape from myself.

 

“I can’t do this. I can’t go there. I just can’t,” I said mumbling to myself while pacing in my room.

 

“What can’t you do?” Jiyong asked from my bed.

 

I screamed jumping back throwing my hand over my heart and yelled, “Oh my god Jiyong you scared me, I didn’t even see you there. What are you doing here?”

 

“Sorry I scared you. I’m here because I want to know why you weren’t in art when I told you no skipping. I also want to know what you can’t do and why you are freaking out, I can feel it,” Jiyong said walking towards me pinning me against the wall by putting both hands beside my head.

 

“S-Sorry I had to talk to my brothers. I was safe with them I made sure, for you. I-I’m sorry you had to feel me freaking out,” I stuttered from the closeness.

 

“You didn’t answer my question. What can’t you do?” He whispered inches from my lips.

 

“N-Nothing I can do whatever I want,” I mumbled blushing.

 

He smirked and said still inches from my lips, “You’re lying. I know you are. When you lie you blush. You’re blushing so tell me.”

 

“The anniversary of my dad’s death is in a week. Well my mom wants us to all visits his grave but I can’t. I just can’t,” I was hyperventilating.

 

“Dara, Dara calm down its fine. Dara, Dee?” That did it. Him calling me Dee. My dad used to call me that. It was the last straw. Everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey doc it’s been an hour when is she going to wake up?” Teddy asked sounding worried.

 

The pack doctor hymned and hawed then said, “I can’t be positive she passed out from stress and lack of oxygen. You can never tell when the cause is stress.”

 

“Thank you Doctor,” Mom said escorting the doctor out of the room.

 

“What were you two talking about before she passed out?” Yoochun asked Jiyong.

 

“Well she was freaking out, I could feel it. So I asked her and she said that the anniversary of your dad’s death was in a week and that you were all going to visit his grave. Well she started hyperventilating and said that and I quote I can’t. I just can’t,” Jiyong explained.

 

“Huh I wonder why she can’t.” Jung Min asked more to himself.

 

“Because it’s too hard for me to believe that dad is dead. He was my number one guy, always there for me,” I said sitting up.

 

Jiyong ran over to me checking me over and asked, “Dara are you okay? What happened?”

 

“I’m fine I just freaked out a little. I’ll be fine. I just need to run you know clear my head,” I said getting a head rush from standing up too fast, “Whoa to fast. I'm okay. Now get out of my room.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No you have to go and take the reds with you,” I said trying to push Jiyong out the door.

 

“Why do I have to go and take them with me?” He asked looking like a little boy not getting his way rather than a fearless alpha.

 

“Because it’s Sunday and it’s time for Sunday dinner just the family. Mom, Teddy, Yoochun, Jung Soo, Jung Min and me, no mates and no pack members,” I said.

 

“Yes I get that but why do I have to bring the reds with me?” He asked still whining.

 

“I told your mom you would bring them so you guys could have dinner together,” I said which made him stop automatically. I pushed him out the door as Teddy and Yoochun pushed Chaerin and Bom out the door.

 

“See you tomorrow. Have fun,” I said shutting the door.

 

“Come little sister dinner time,” Teddy and Yoochun said linking arms with me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay Jung Soo and Hong Jun you two will make the salad, Sandara and Yoochun you two will make the garlic bread and Jung Min you and I will make the lasagna.” Mom ordered.

 

“But mom Dara can’t make toast to save her life how do you expect her to make garlic bread,” Yoochun whined.

 

“Hey I can to make toast it just takes a few tries and it tastes a little bit charcoal,” I defended.

 

Yeah I know I can’t cook anything to save my life. If I tried to boil water I would probably burn it that’s how bad I am. After one pan, two hours and three burnt fingers we were sitting at the dining room table together.

 

“Before we eat I just want to say how good it is to have all my children back. I missed you so much Sandara and I'm sorry we had to send you away but you’re back now and that’s all that matters.” Mom said tearing up. “Now we have some things to discuss now dig in.”

 

We ate in silence for a few minutes before Teddy said, “What do we need to discuss?”

 

“First we have decided that the whole pack will be coming and we will lead. Second I want to know about your mates,” Mom said looking at me.

“,” I said to myself.

 

“Sandara did you say something? Well you can go first,” Mom said.

 

“Um no I'm good I think we all want to hear about someone else like Gyuri how about Gyuri yeah Jung Min tells us about her,” I said.

 

“Oh but Dara I think we are all wondering about you and Jiyong. Aren’t we guys?”

 

There were murmurs of Yes’s.

 

“Okay fine his name is Jiyong Kwon. I call him Jiyong. He’s eighteen years old. He’s alpha of the Kwon pack. He lives with his mom Eunjoo and his little brother Seok Hyun. Chaerin and Bom are his cousins and his favorite color is red. Okay Jung Min’s next,” I said in a rush.

 

“Dara we already knew that you have to tell us more,” Jung Soo whined.

 

“Well there’s nothing else to know,” I shrugged.

 

“Well I met Eunjoo I think she is a lovely person. We went out for coffee on Thursday,” Mom told us.

 

“What?” We yelled at the same time.

 

“Oh I didn’t tell you she invited me out for coffee while you kids were in school. We talked for a few hours,” Mom told us.

 

“Oh my god our moms are friends,” I whispered to myself.

 

‘Dara did you know our moms went out for coffee on Thursday?’ Jiyong asked threw our mind link.

 

‘No I didn’t but she just told me. How weird is that?’ I asked.

 

‘So weird but I got to go Seok Hyun wants to play chutes and latters.’

 

‘Have fun.’

 

“Dara did you hear anything I just said?” Yoochun asked.

 

“Uh no I was listening to something else,” I mumbled.

 

“Ah mind link its really quite useful. So Sandara this means that you and Jiyong have had your first kiss,” Mom said.

 

“Oh god oh my god this is not happening to me. Please kill me now,” I whispered to myself.

 

“Yeah Dara tell us,” Teddy said.

 

“Um no I’d rather not,” I said running a hand threw my hair trying to get rid of the awkwardness of the situation. Yeah that will really help Dara.

 

“Come on tell us besides I'm sure mom would like to know what her daughter is up to,” Jung Soo said.

 

“Jung Min’s right I would love to know,” Mom said staring at me.

 

“Um it was in the woods, he touched my pack mark and we both sort of went into a trance and we kissing then my phone rang,” I said rushed in a quiet voice.

“Wait what he touched your pack mark and that caused you to kiss?” Jung Min asked.

 

“Yes he did he touched my pack mark. The one on my hip and then we kissed like full on. Not just a peck but make-out. Are you all happy?” I yelled, standing up and slamming my hands on the table.

 

They all looked taken aback by my outburst.

 

My mom composed herself then said, “Well Sandara that’s interesting I’ve never heard of this before, maybe we can talk to the elders about this.”

 

“Yeah no I'm going to go now,” I said getting up and running to my room.

 

Oh my god how awkward was that dinner. I can’t believe I had to have that conversation. My mom is bad but my brothers that was really awkward.

 

“What am I going to do? Now my mom’s going to talk to the elders and then everyone with know that I can’t control myself around him. It’s not my fault,” I whispered pacing.

 

I laid in my bed too many thoughts to fall asleep. Ugh I'm never going to be able to sleep. I feel like something’s missing. Oh I know Jiyong. I can’t sleep without him.

 

It was around one in the morning when I jumped out my window and ran to Jiyong’s.

 

I didn’t even knock I just let myself in his house and walked to him room.

 

I was stopped at the stairs by a guy. He looked to be in his mid-twenties.

 

“Who are you and why are you in the Kwons house?” He growled.

 

“First don’t growl at me, second personal space and third I'm looking for Jiyong,” I tell the guy stepping away from him.

 

“Why do you need Jiyong? I'm pretty sure he’s sleeping and I'm pretty sure he’s not going to want to talk to you. Wait a minute you smell like” He said sniffing me. “You smell like the Park.”

 

“Right on buddy, now move so I can go see Jiyong,” I said trying to move him.

 

“I can’t let you do that I’ve already alerted him that there’s been an intruder,” He said smiling creepily.

 

Jiyong appeared at the top of the stairs rubbing sleep out of his eyes and asked, “Where’s the intruder?”

 

“She’s right here and she smells like a Park,” He said pointing to me.

 

He sighed and said, “TOP that’s Dara my mate girlfriend whatever you want to call her. Just let her go and go back to bed.”

 

“She’s the one you’ve been obsessing over” He said then turned to me. “You’re his mate why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“You never asked,” I told him as he walked away. 

      

When TOP was out of sight and hearing Jiyong pinned me up against the wall with his body.

 

“Why are you here pretending to be an intruder?” he asked me.

 

“I wasn’t pretending to be an intruder I just walked into your house. I can’t sleep so I was hoping your bed was available,” I told him.

 

“My bed is always available to you,” he whispered huskily in my ear.

 

“Good to know,” I stuttered.

 

“Come on then let’s go to bed I'm tired,” he said pulling me towards his room.

 

I fell asleep the minute my head hit the pillow. Thank you Jiyong and your ability to make me sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Should we wake them up? We have to get to school soon or we’ll be late,” I think it was Taeyang who said that.

 

“They aren’t children Young Bae they can get themselves up if they want to,” IU said as if she was talking to a five year old.

 

Where was I? It definitely wasn’t my house. Was I dreaming about Taeyang and IU? That’s really creepy considering she’s my best friend and he is Jiyong’s.

 

“I think we should take a picture of them. They look really cute together and look guys they’re smiling,” Yuri said. I think it was her. There was a click of a camera and I knew someone took a picture.

 

Wow my dreams are really vivid they seem almost real. Huh I'm a good dreamer. I felt someone pull me tighter towards a warm body-Jiyong I knew him anywhere.

 

“ they’re waking up,” Seunghyun said. There was a shuffle of footsteps and a door closing softly.

 

“Did you hear everything they said?” Jiyong whispered against my ear.

 

I turned around so out chests were pressed together and whispered, “Yes I did and we need to get ready for school.”

 

“Or we could just stay in bed all day,” He said hopefully.

 

Say yes say yes say yes I chanted to myself. My inner wolf was howling. Spending the day in bed with Jiyong could be good and missing the English test would be an added bonus.

 

“As tempting as that sounds my brothers will worry if they find my bed empty and I don’t show up to school,” I said

 

“You do share a mind think” he said in a duh tone before rolling on top of me. “so just tell them you’re busy”

 

“Yeah and what am I going to say ‘hey Jung Min I'm not in my bed because I snuck out and went to Jiyong’s. Oh and we’re not coming to school.’ How do you think that would sound,” I said pushing him off me and sat up.

 

He sat up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and whispered into my ear huskily, “Then don’t tell them you’re with me.”

 

“Fine but when they find out-and they will-you have to take the blame and deal with them going all protective older brothers on your ,” I grinned evilly.

 

“I would take on the world for you,” He said sincerely before kissing me sweetly.

 

We lay in bed talking most of the morning.

 

“You know one day we’re going to have to complete the mating then you will become part of my pack,” Jiyong said for at least the twentieth time.

 

“Yeah sure I get that you’re going to have to mark me, take my ity, marry me then get me pregnant but I'm still not joining your pack,” I told him.

 

There are three steps to the mating process but since Jiyong is an alpha there is an extra step.

 

1)      Kiss - which sets up a mind link just between the mates

2)      Bite - the male bites the female ‘claiming she’s his’

3)      - make the male’s scent mix in with the females to warn other wolves that she is mated

4)      Kids - this is just for alphas to make sure there is a next in line

 

“What about when we have kids? Are we going to have two so then one can be Alpha in my pack and then the other can be in your pack? It just doesn’t make sense Dara. All female wolves go with their mate. You are going to be female alpha but-“

 

He was cut off by a knock on the door. Jiyong’s mom answered and said, “Oh Bo Young what a pleasant surprise.”

 

Oh my mom was here.

 

“Hello Eunjoo I was going to call you to discuss something with you about Sandara and Jiyong but when the boys informed me that she wasn’t in her bed this morning and that she and Jiyong both didn’t show up for school. I thought I would pop by,” Mom said giving Eunjoo a hug.

 

“Ah I wondered why I didn’t see Jiyong this morning. They’re probably still sleeping. Come on up,” Eunjoo said.

 

I could hear their footsteps. They were coming up the steps.

 

Jiyong pulled me towards him and said, “They think we’re sleeping so pretend to sleep.”

 

I closed my eyes pretending to sleep. His door opened and I heard two people walk in.

 

“Sandara get up or I’ll bring out the bucket of ice water,” mom yelled.

 

“Jiyong or I’ll use ice water,” Eunjoo said at the same time my mom.

 

We both jumped up on his bed.

 

Jiyong yelled, “I'm up mom chill.”

 

While I hid behind Jiyong and said, “Take Jiyong not me I surrender.”

 

“Gee thanks,” Jiyong said sarcastically.

 

“You use buckets of ice water too?” Eunjoo asked my mom who nodded. “It’s very effective isn’t it? You only have to do it once for them to learn their lesson.”

 

“Oh I know each kid has gotten it at least once. I used to send their dad up but Sandara had him wrapped around her finger so then I came up with this. Anyways we are going to meet with the elders about the pack mark problem,” Mom said.

 

“Yes both packs they are in the sun room so change and then Jiyong you know where to go,” Eunjoo ordered.

 

Great this is so embarrassing. Now I not only have to talk about this in front of my mom and Eunjoo but the elders for mine and Jiyong’s pack. Kill. Me. Now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------

So I guess Dara have this weird marking!