Chapter Fourteen

My Enemy... My Mate...

This story is not mine and I already ask permission to post this!Please see her website @ http://wattpad.com/JSPmarryme - author is JSPmarryme

 

  

Chapter Fourteen

 

 

 

 

“Dara wake up,” Jung Soo yelled.

 

“No go away I'm tired,” I cried groggily.

 

One second I was sleeping in my comfy warm bed and the next I'm on the floor in a pile. Standing in front of me were four brothers all dressed in suits? , I forgot today was the memorial.

 

I sighed pushing myself up off the ground, “Alright I'm up now leave I have to get ready.”

 

They all left uncomfortable in their attire. I walked into my connecting bathroom and the shower stripping and jumping in. I let the scorching hot water wash away all my worries about today. I dried myself with a towel. I left my hair down to dry in its natural ringlets. I wasn’t going to put on any make up today. I put on my plain black knee length dress. It had a v shaped neck line with three inch sleeves that stopped at my shoulder. Mom and the reds picked it out. Not what I would have chosen but it will have to do. I threw on my black high tops. Yeah I don’t care if it’s a memorial service I'm wearing whatever shoes I want. Lastly I put on the gold necklace my dad got me for my fifth birthday which he gave me a new charm every birthday after that.

 

I walked down the stairs to be engulfed in hug from mom. She was crying which made the tears I was holding back fall.

 

Mom pulled back wiping away my tears and whispered, “Oh honey you look beautiful. Your dad would have been so proud of you. You’ve grown up into being a beautiful young woman.”

 

“Thanks mom,” I whispered wiping away her tears.

 

My mom stepped to the side to reveal my brothers standing in a line. They remind me so much of my dad sometimes it hurts. They looked so handsome instead of those skinny awkward boys they were five years ago. I love them so much. My knees felt weak thinking about them, about my dad. Today was going to be hard. I could feel the hot tears falling down my cheeks landing on the floor in front of me. I gave them each a hug and a kiss on the cheek then followed my mom out to the car.

 

The whole car ride was silent. No one spoke a word. When we reached the cemetery I got out of the car. We all walked silently to the head of the procession.

 

Teddy on the left, my mom the middle and Yoochun on the right, the twins each had an arm locked around my moms. They were first followed by Jung Soo, Jung Min and I.

 

Jung Soo had his right arm around my left and Jung Min had his left arm around my right. We were followed by the rest of the pack according to rank and family.

 

We were all meant to pay our respects to my dad’s grave then leave. We were having a party at the house after but I would probably go cry myself to sleep just like my mom. My brothers’ tradeoff between comforting both of us until we fall asleep. It’s what happens every year.

 

My mom and Teddy went up first. Teddy set a rose down of my dad’s grave and spoke to it for a good seven or eight minutes before stepping back. My mom walked up falling to the ground in front of his grave crying.  I could hear her talking about how she needed him and how much we had grown up but I wasn’t paying attention. She started hysterically crying then Teddy helped her up and brought her to the car. Yoochun went up set a rose down and talked to his grave not letting tears fall trying to be strong. He finished walking back to the car.

 

Jung Soo went first unhooking his arm from mine. He put a rose down and talked letting one tear escape his eyes before stepping to the side, Jung Min taking his place and repeating the process. He stepped to the side it was my turn to talk.

 

My legs felt like jelly and moved at their own accord. I probably looked like a zombie.

 

I stepped in front of my dad’s grave my knees finally giving in. They buckled pulled me to the ground. I sat there letting the tears fall.

 

I set the rose by the others and said with tears falling,” Daddy I miss you. Mom needs you. She’s a mess without you. I tried getting the boys to help me get her a date.” I laughed. “Like she could ever be as happy as she was with you. It was a stupid idea. Daddy I miss you. I love you. We all do. I found my mate. His name is Jiyong. He’s the alpha of the Kwon pack. Our rivals.”

 

I started crying and screaming hysterically, “I’M SORRY DADDY! I’M SORRY I LET YOU DOWN. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO? WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME DADDY? WHY? YOU SAID YOU WOULD ALWAYS BE THERE FOR ME. YOU LIED. HOW COULD YOU LIE TO ME? I LOVE YOU DADDY. WHY DID YOU LEAVE? I MISS YOU. I LOVE YOU.” I broke down in sobs. Jung Soo picked me up in his arms and I curled into his crying into his shoulder.

 

I cried into Jung Soo the whole way home. The car stopped in the driveway and I was still crying. Jung Soo carried me up to my room. He laid me down and my bed sitting next to me. my hair say over and over again ‘its okay’ and ‘I know how you feel’. But he didn’t. He didn’t let dad down. I did.

 

“NO YOU DON’T GET HOW I FEEL. NONE OF YOU DO,” I screamed.

 

Jung Soo seemed taken aback and said, “Dara it’s okay no need to yell. I’ve got you. It’s okay.”

 

” NO YOU DON’T GET IT. I LET HIM DOWN. GO AWAY. JUST GET OUT LEAVE ME BE,” I screamed at Jung Soo again. He backed out of my room with a hurt expression on his face and his hands up as if surrendering.

 

I fell to my bed crying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jung Soo’s P.O.V.:

 

It broke my heart to see Dara cry but what hurt the most was her saying she let him down. I backed out of her room with my hands up out into the hall to find my brothers standing there with similar expressions. They heard.

 

“It’s never been this bad,” Jung Min said pacing.

 

Yoochun slid down the wall his head in his hands and spoke with a pained voice, “She thinks she let him down. How could she think that? He absolutely adored her. She was daddy’s little girl and she thinks she let him down.”

 

“It is worse this year she never yells she just cries. We have to do something,” I said.

 

Teddy ran a hand through his hair faced us and said, “I can’t believe I'm saying this but I think we need to call Jiyong.”

 

What the hell? Did that just come out of Teddy’s mouth? Call Jiyong, Jiyong Kwon the alpha of our rival pack, the guy who’s stealing our sister away from us.

 

“Why would we do that?” Jung Min asked disgusted. At least someone has his priorities straight.

 

“Think about it guys. They’re mates whether we like it or not they are stuck together. He’s the only one who can calm her down when she’s pissed why not when she’s hysterically crying and depressed,” Teddy said trying to convincing us. I guess he did have a point.

 

“I’m in,” Yoochun said.

 

“Alright I'm in,” Jung Min and I said at the same time. Damn triplet syndrome.

 

 Teddy took out his phone and called Chaerin assuming she and Jiyong were together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Teddy’s P.O.V.:

 

I took out my phone and pressed one for Chaerin’s speed dial. I put the phone on speaker so we could all talk. I can’t actually believe the guys went with my idea. I know it might now work but it’s a shot.

 

Ring once…

 

Ring twice…

 

Ring three times…

 

“Hello? Teddy, are you okay? What’s wrong?” Chaerin asks worried.

 

I laugh,” Nothing is wrong Chae. I'm fine.”

 

“Well then why are you calling? I mean its fine that you call I'm just wondering,” She says bluntly then corrects herself.

 

“Ah no you’re on speaker with the other guys and we’re ah wondering if…um we could ah talk toiyong,” I ask awkwardly and finish in a rush.

 

“Um yeah sure I’ll give him the phone,” She said in a dazed and confused tone. I don’t blame her we don’t really get along with Jiyong and his pack.

 

“Teddy? Why are you calling me? What do you want?” He asked bluntly. They are so much alike. You can tell their cousins.

 

 “It’s not about us its Dara,” I tell him.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” He asks worried.

 

“Okay she probably didn’t tell you but every year on the anniversary of our dad’s death she cries. She cries the whole day and then cries herself to sleep. We can’t do anything about it but this year it is worse. She’s yelling and screaming and keeps saying that she let him down,” I told him.

 

“.”

 

“Yeah I know so I'm wondering if you could come over and I don’t know calm her down. Bring your cousins, your mom, I don’t care just get here and calm her down. I'm pretty sure you’re the only one who can,” I said a little demanding at the end.

 

“Alright I’ll be over soon,” He said then hung up. Maybe he can help Dara.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V.:

 

This day officially : it’s the anniversary of my dad’s death, my mom won’t stop crying, the reds won’t stop crying and I’m worried about Dara. The only one who is actually okay is Seok Hyun and he’s sleeping.

 

Chaerin’s phone starts ringing some pop music .

 

She answers, “Hello? Teddy, are you okay? What’s wrong?” I can’t hear his answer.

 

“Well then why are you calling? I mean its fine that you call I'm just wondering,” She asks.

 

He answers making her look really confused. I wonder what he said.

 

“Um yeah sure I’ll give him the phone,” She answers. Give him the phone does that means me?

 

She hands me the phone and I ask a little harshly, “Teddy? Why are you calling me? What do you want?”

 

“It’s not about us its Dara,” He answers. What wrong with Dara? I told her to call me if something is wrong.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” I asked worriedly.

 

“Okay she probably didn’t tell you but every year on the anniversary of our dad’s death she cries. She cries the whole day and then cries herself to sleep. We can’t do anything about it but this year it is worse. She’s yelling and screaming and keeps saying that she let him down,” He tells me.

 

“,” I answered. She told me it’s a bad say and she cries only that day out of the year.

 

“Yeah I know so I'm wondering if you could come over and I don’t know calm her down. Bring your cousins, your mom, I don’t care just get here and calm her down. I'm pretty sure you’re the only one who can,” He asks more like demands. If I wasn’t worried sick about Dara I would probably say something about his tone but I don’t.

 

“Alright I’ll be over soon,” I said then hung up immediately.

 

“What’s that all about?” My mom asks still crying.

 

“Get in the car we’re going to Dara’s,” I say then run out to the car with Seok Hyun in my arms.

 

No one asked any questions on the ride there. When we got there I opened the door and ran towards the house. I didn’t even knock just walked in the house. I ignored everyone’s stares and glares I just ran up to Dara’s room.

 

I opened the door to her room to find her crying her eyes out rocking back and forth in the fetal position.

 

“Dara?” I whispered.

 

She sat up with a pained expression on her face and asked in a broken voice, “Jiyong?” Seeing her in this much pain it makes my heart break.

 

I walk over to her bed and pull her into a hug. She immediately holds onto me for dear life and cries into my shirt. I her hair and I can feel her relax at my touch but not completely she’s still crying.

 

“Dara stop crying you know how I hate it when you cry. Tell me what’s wrong,” I said in a soothing voice.

 

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. “I let him down Jiyong. I let my dad down,” She said her voice breaking.

 

“You could never let him down he loved you. Now stop crying,” I said sternly.

 

“How do you know? You didn’t know him,” She yelled her anger flaring.

 

“You’re right I don’t know but I do know that you are a strong, independent, smart, funny and beautiful woman.” I told her truthfully.

 

“Really?” She asked with a watery smile.

 

“Yes really,” I say softly planting a kiss on her lips. They taste salty from her tears.

 

She smiled and looked me up and down then said, “You look good in a suit.”

 

“Thanks but you look better in a dress,” I said kissing her. “You should wear them more often.”

 

She snorted, “Yeah right me in a dress. That’s saved for once a year. I’d be a train wreck. I already am look at me.”

 

She does have a point. Her face is red with dried on tears and her hair sticks to her face but I still think she looks beautiful.

 

I pick her up and carry her into her bathroom setting her on the counter. She looked confused so I said; “You cleaned me up two nights ago now it’s my turn to clean you up.”

 

I open up her cupboard and find a wash cloth to wipe her face off. I run it under warm water so it’s warm. I walk over to her and place myself in between her legs and wipe the tear stains away. I brush her hair back so it’s away from her face and she ends up putting it in a messy ponytail.

 

“Thank you,” She whispered.

 

“It’s in the job requirement. As your mate I have to take care of you,” I shrug.

 

She put her arms around my neck pulling my face closer to hers and said quietly, “Well in the job requirement as your mate it says I have to ask how you’re holding up.”

 

I sigh, “It’s the usual my mom starts hysterically crying in front of my dad’s grave and I have to drag her back to the car, the reds cry silently together and Seok Hyun doesn’t really understand what’s going on.”

 

She laughs but it’s forced, “Teddy had to drag my mom out too. Why did you come here? Not that it’s a bad thing.”

 

“Actually your brothers called me and told me to come and help you. They were really worried. So was I,” I whispered the last part.

 

She looks shocked,” They called you.”

 

“Well Teddy called Chaerin and then I talked to him but yeah,” I shrug.

 

She blushes and looks down, “Yeah I might have freaked out at the memorial and then snapped at Jung Soo.

I lift her chin up so she’s looking at me, “You look cute when you blush now tell me what happened.”

 

“At the memorial my knees buckled and I was crying in front of my dad’s grave and then I started crying and screaming at him for leaving me and Jung Soo had to pull me away and then carry me back then in my room he tried to calm me down but I yelled at him to get out,” She said embarrassed.

 

“That’s why I came they were worried about you. So was I. I told you to call me if you needed anything and don’t you dare say you were fine because when I got here you were far from it,” I said cutting her off.

 

“Yeah I guess you’re probably right,” She sighed.

 

“Now there’s something we need to talk about,” I said cautiously.

 

“And what might that be?” She asked.

 

I ran a hand through my hair out of nervousness and asked, “Well you see we’ve been having rogues on our land and it worries me that you’re an unmated female so I was wondering when you’re going to let me mark you?”

 

She moved so her lips were inches from mine I could feel her hot breath when she whispered, “You take me anywhere but here and make me forget what happened today three years ago then you can mark me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------

I'll update soon! Promise!