Cooking with the maknae Part One

The Man Behind the Screen

A/N: Just note that the italics are just thoughts. (: Enjoy reading. It's a little short because when I wrote this chapter, it came out a little too long so I cut it in half. the other part will be up in like... two hours.


“What’re you doing here? Are you cooking?” Hyungjoon asked.

“I’m cooking later. I just had lunch. Aren’t you supposed to be at a schedule today?” Mikyung asked.

Hyungjoon shook his head, “Anni. My hyungs and I played a game to see who had to cook today. I lost.”

Mikyung laughed because Hyungjoon looked like a lost puppy, “Did you need help cooking something for the guys?” Hyungjoon nodded. “I have a recipe.”

“Actually, I’m not that great of a cook,” Hyungjoon admitted. “And Jaeho’s not around so I don’t know who’s going to instruct me.”

“Well, first off,” Mikyung started walking down the aisle, “What do you plan on making?”

Hyungjoon looked around, “I have no idea. Just something they can actually eat.”

Mikyung spotted some pasta, “Spaghetti!” Mikyung and Hyungjoon raced to the pasta with their carts. “Do they like spaghetti?”

“Probably, but I don’t know how to make it.”

Mikyung pitied Hyungjoon, “I’ll help you make it then.”

“That’s great! We could use a little company. My  hyungs are busy right now and it’s just me home so it’ll be just us for about an hour or so,” Hyungjoon assured.

“A-Ah,” Mikyung finally realized that she’d have to go to SS501’s dorm. “Arasso---“

Mikyung drove her car after Hyungjoon’s car to their dorm. They both took the elevator up to the fifth floor of the building. Hyungjoon typed in the passcode to the door and walked in. Since it was raining that day, their dorm was looking gloomy.

“Whoa, so this is how idols live?” Mikyung joked.

Hyungjoon laughed, “Sorry about the mess. Sometimes Jaeho doesn’t take care of his puppy and he makes a mess everywhere.”

“Anni, it’s alright. I’m used to it. Where’s the kitchen?”

“Right here,” Hyungjoon showed Mikyung the kitchen. “I’ll be right back, I have to change quickly.”

That’s strange, he’s just wearing sweats – yet he wants to change? Mikyung took out all the ingredients and started looking around for utensils for cooking. She bent down to look in a cupboard. When she stood up, someone scared her, “Boo!!!!”

Mikyung jumped, “AH! Aish!”

It was Jungmin, “Tsk, you’re really cute, Mikyung. What’re you looking for?” Jungmin opened the fridge and took out an apple.

“You’re Jungmin right?” Jungmin nodded. “I’m looking for a pot to boil the noodles in. Where are your pots?” Jungmin shrugged as he sat on the table top and ate his apple. “You live here and you don’t know where the pots are?”

“I’m just messing around, Mikyung-sshi,” Jungmin said. He jumped off the table top and showed Mikyung the pots. “Here.”

Mikyung’s first impression of Jungmin wasn’t going too well. She took a deep breath and exhaled lightly.

Hyungjoon walked into the kitchen, “Hyung, you didn’t go today either?”

“So if your Hyungs are all out you think you can bring a girl here?” Jungmin teased.

Hyungjoon scratched his head, “A-anni. It’s not like that at all.”

Mikyung started washing up the vegetables, “Do you guys know where Kyujong is?”

Hyungjoon and Jungmin’s eyes widened. Hyungjoon spoke first, “Do you like hyung?”