Chapter Five - Finally updated! Sorry for the delay

The Man Behind the Screen

The following week, Mikyung walked into the set. No makeup on, just sweat pants and her hair pulled back.

“Yah! Mikyung!” Hyungjoon called out. Mikyung stopped and shut her eyes. She opened them and faked a smile as she turned to Hyungjoon. “Jaeho wants to see you.”

Mikyung was walking slowly and talking to anyone in sight because she was trying to avoid Jaeho. “Oh! Shinhye! How are you?” and “Younha! It’s great to see you again!”

Finally, Mikyung stopped in front of Jaeho, “You wanted to see me?”

“Oh! That’s right, Hyekyo and I are going out tonight, could you watch my puppy tonight?” Jade asked.

Mikyung was flustered once more, “I guess I could, but…”

Jaeho hugged Mikyung, “Thank god! You’re a life saver!” Jaeho walked away and waved at Mikyung. “Thanks!!”

Mikyung sighed, “Ottokhaeeeeee?”

Someone came from behind, “Need some help dog sitting tonight?” Mikyung turned around. It was Hyunjoong, “I’m free tonight.”

“Sorry, but your fans…” Mikyung started.

“It’s fine, I’ve been an idol for a while so I know how to get rid of them,” Hyunjoong explained. “What about it? Besides, Jaeho’s puppy is quite a hassle.”

Mikyung looked at Hyunjoong and then realized something, “Why don’t you just dogsit Jaeho’s puppy then?”

“He won’t let me.”

“Alright then, bring him over tonight whenever Jaeho leaves,” Mikyung gave in. She started walking away.

“Mikyung!” Hyunjoong shouted.

“What now?” Mikyung turned back.

“I don’t know where you live…”

Mikyung wrote down her address and gave it to Hyunjoong. She then resumed working on set. On set, they realized that Park Kahi did not show up for her role. The director started looking around, “Yah Mikyung! Get your makeup done! You’re going on screen!”

“Bwoh? You have to be kidding! I can’t…” a couple makeup artists and co-workers tugged Mikyung to the makeup section. “You guys are so dead!”

“Mikyung, don’t you know what an honor it is to actually appear on the show? And besides, I swear Hyunjoong has something for you,” Hyemi told. “I’m so jealous right now!”

“Well then maybe you’d like to dogsit with him too then!” Mikyung slipped out of .

“Dogsit?” Hyemi moved closer to Mikyung, “Is it a date?”

“Of course not! Are you crazy? I don’t know, I’m not discussing this with you anymore.”

After 20 minutes of makeup, Mikyung still looked the same, gorgeous. She rushed onto the stage and began reading off the cue cards. Today, Lee SeungGi was the guest host. “Ah, Mikyung-sshi is new aren’t you?”

“Yes.”

“How did you get the job?”

“Aigoo, the director just chose me randomly,” Mikyung said causing the cast to laugh.

Lee Seunggi laughed hard, “So you mean you can get casted randomly?”

“Hyung,” YoungSaeng started, “She got casted because she was the most beautiful amongst the staff members.”

“YoungSaeng, You like her?” Yoon Doojoon teased.

Mikyung blushed, “Anni, anni.”

“I can see the headlines already!” Seunggi joked. “Heo YoungSaeng’s relationship with Staff Member.”

The whole cast and audience laughed hysterically expect Mikyung, “Well then I’d better be running off now!” Mikyung added causing more laughter.

After the show, Mikyung took a nice hot bath, but someone rang the door bell. Mikyung put on her robe and went to the door, it was Hyunjoong. “Is this bad timing?” he asked.

Mikyung looked at the puppy, “Oh no, just come in. I completely forgot about this. Um, just make yourself at home quickly while I get dressed. Um, you can set Jaeho’s puppy over there.” Mikyung was now nervous and humiliated.

Hyunjoong looked around Mikyung’s living room after setting Jaeho’s puppy near Heulheul. He saw that Mikyung was an only child because all her family photos only showed her parents and her. Hyunjoong then saw a photo of two younger children, one girl one boy. It looked like Mikyung, but a much younger version.

Mikyung came from behind, “That’s my brother.” Hyunjoong turned around. He was amazed because Mikyung was gorgeous with no make-up on. “Honestly, I don’t know where he is anymore. It’s like my parents gave him up for adoption or something. Never heard about him since I was 5.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Hyunjoong said.

*barks “Oh! Heulheul! Shhh!” Mikyung tried to hush Heulheul.

Hyunjoong walked over to help Mikyung. Because Mikyung didn’t know Hyunjoong was already behind her, she turned. Now, they were centimeters apart – lips almost touching, heavy breathing and hearts thumping quickly.


A/N: Will you two kiss? Haha, sorry for the delay. I had this written, but I didn't have the chance to post it yet. lol