Misconceptions

The Man Behind the Screen

As she opened the door, Heulheul started to bark.  Behind the door, it was no other than Jungmin.

“W-what are you doing here?”

“I just had to tell you this in person,” Jungmin started. “For some reason someone’s been texting you on my phone.”

Mikyung’s heart dropped.  “Who?”

“I have no clue. But I saw my history today and saw those texts.  It’s strange because I always have my phone with me.”

Mikyung tried to fake a laugh, “Well I have to shower so …”

“Oh, go ahead. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Jungmin said and walked out.

Just as Mikyung closed the door, Jungmin turned around.   “I’m just lying, Mikyung. It’s me.”

Mikyung ran to the bathroom and started her bath.  Like her normal routine, she pulled out her laptop.  She checked all her emails and then realized that she hadn’t been on dspent.net for a while.

When she logged on, “Jaeho” wasn’t online.

After her 15 minute bath, she left her bathroom and went to get dressed.  Mikyung went to check her email again.

She walked into the bathroom and saw that she had 4 unread messages from dspent.net.  She clicked on them and they were all from Jaeho.

The first one read:

Mikyung, I have a confession, but I’m scared to tell you.

The second one read:

Hopefully you won’t take it the wrong way.

The third one read:

I’m really sorry

And the last one read:

I hope we can still be friends despite all my lying.

Mikyung was fed up with all the mischief and just wanted to call her whole career quits.

She x-ed out of the computer screen and called her co-worker, Junho. “Yah, Junho.  You know who all has an account on dspent right?”

Junho answered, “Of course.  I am the creator of the site.  Is there anything wrong?”

“Well, I was just wondering if … nevermind. I’ll just find out some other time.  But is it possible to delete an account?”

“Um, yeah. It’s just like facebook. You have to deactivate it from your settings,” Junho explained.

“Thanks, Junho. You’re the best,” Mikyung hung up.

She closed her laptop and went to sleep.

The next morning, she woke up earlier than usual because her best friend, Hyemi called. “Hello?” Mikyung answered.

“Omo, Mikyung-ah.  Did you have something to do with Kyujong’s scandal?” Hyemi asked.

“What’re you talking about?” Mikyung was confused.

“He told Jaeho that he had a girlfriend and you know who she is. Now Jaeho’s upset,” Hyemi explained.

Mikyung couldn’t believe that Kyu told Jaeho about having a girlfriend. “I-I-I don’t know.”

“Aish, I thought I could get something out of you.  But you should come to work early today.  I have something to tell you.”

“Arasso.”

Mikyung hung up and got up to get ready for another long day at work.

Mikyung arrived at work around 6:30 am and there was hardly anyone there.  About five minutes later, Jungmin and Hyungjoon walked through the door.  Following Tom and Jerry, Hyemi was running towards Mikyung.

“Mikyungah!” Hyemi shouted as she ran.  She stopped right in front of Mikyung, “Yah, rumors are that Kyujong and Hyunjoong got into a fight last night and now Hyunjoong is missing,” Hyemi whispered.

Mikyung looked around and saw Jungmin and Hyungjoon messing around.  “Well it doesn’t look like anyone cares.”

“They’re trying not to let anyone know that he’s missing.  They’re going to say that he’s sick or something like that,” Hyemi told.

“Should I call him and ask him what’s up?” Mikyung asked.

“It’s not like you know him at a basic level. You only hung out with him once, Mikyung,” Hyemi pleaded.

“I went to dinner with him last night,” Mikyung admitted.

“Omo~ How? Wha- shut up!” Hyemi hit Mikyung’s arm.  “How come you didn’t tell me?’

“Well, it’s not like it was a date.  And besides, the whole night was ruined because it turns out that the creeper that kept texting me is someone who’s using Jungmin’s phone.  These childish games are really pissing me off,” Mikyung told.

“It’s Jungmin?” Hyemi shouted.

Suddenly Jungmin and Hyungjoon’s heads turned toward Hyemi and Mikyung.

Mikyung quickly covered Hyemi’s mouth, “Omo, ottokhae? BABO!”

Jungmin started walking towards the girls and Hyungjoon followed.  “Is something the matter?”


A/N: Major twists in the story.. haha. Can't wait for YoungSaeng's debut!