ajlfje

The Man Behind the Screen

Mikyung sat in the park all alone for two hours.  By that time, the drunks were getting out of the club and the city was sound asleep.  Mikyung started to walk home, slowly.

As Mikyung walked home, she heard someone screaming her name.  She looked back and saw Hyungjoon running after her.

Breathlessly, Hyungjoon shouted, "Mikyung-sshi!! WAIT!"

Mikyung stopped walking and waited for Hyungjoon, "what's wrong?"

Hyungjoon stopped running and caught his breath, "You didn't happen to see Jungmin, have you?"

"I saw him a couple hours ago here, but I don't know where he went," Mikyung told.

"Aigoo," Hyungjoon said.  "Well.. I think he's pissed because I lied to you."

"About what?"

"Remember when I said that Jungmin and Kyujong were with me when I was Jaeho?"  Mikyung nodded.  "Well, it was actually Youngsaeng and Hyunjoong who were with me."

Hearing these words, Mikyung was outraged.  "Wait, explain this to me."

"Well... one day Jaeho logged onto his account and Hyunjoong saw.  I started to talk to you because he didn't know what to say.  I guess ... it was just a joke at first.  Then Hyunjoong started to like you and told me not to tell you. Like that time when I said I'd wear something specific for you.. I had to tell Youngsaeng what happened so he'd help convince Kyu and Jungmin to wear the same thing."

Mikyung was mad, but glad that Hyungjoon finally confessed.  She didn't say a word, but smiled and walked away.

When Mikyung finally reached her apartment complex, she saw Jungmin waiting by the door. He was sleeping.  She bent down and tugged on his shouler, "Jungmin?"

Jungmin slowly woke up and rubbed his eyes, "Mikyung?"  Jungmin quickly hugged her, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said earlier."

Tears, once again, came down Mikyung's cheeks.  "I'm sorry I mistook you.  I'm sorry I used you."

The two went up to Mikyung's apartment and sat down in the kitchen.  Mikyung made some hot cocoa for Jungmin.

"Mikyung, what kind of relationship did you and Kyu have?" Jungmin asked.

"Well, at first I was just helping him cover up because he had a girlfriend.  Our parents set us up---"

"So he wasn't lying.."

"what?"

"Nothing, keep going."

"Well, our parents set us up and we just pretended for a while.  I guess something happened with him because he wanted to make it real..." Mikyung told.

"Did you want to make it real?" Jungmin asked.

Mikyung looked into Jungmin's eyes, "Even if I were destined to be with Kyujong, it's not the right time.  And besides, I have someone else in mind."

Jungmin turned the other way, pleased at Mikyung's answer.  "I see."

"Anyways, you should probably get back home.  The guys are looking for you.. well, Hyungjoon is," Mikyung exposed.

"I forgot all about that," Jungmin said.  He finished his hot cocoa and walked to the door, "I'll see you tomorrow on set."

Mikyung  smiled and Jungmin left.

The next day, all the boys showed up on set.  They were all happy except Hyunjoong.  Mikyung couldn't shake off the feeling that she felt his stare everytime she walked past him.

When it was the half-time break, Youngsaeng walked up to Mikyung.  "I'm really sorry about the whole incident.. You're a great girl you know?  But you're just not my type."

"What are you talking about?" Mikyung looked at Jungmin, Kyujong and Hyungjoon who were all snickering.

Youngsaeng turned and saw them snickering too, "Yah! You lied to me!! Sorry, Mikyung."

Youngsaeng walked away as Kyujong walked to Mikyung.  "No harsh feelings?"

"Only if you promise there will be no more 'family meetings'.." Mikyung joked.  "I hate getting up on weekends."

Kyujong smiled, "By the way, thanks for being there for me.  I guess I just fell for your comfort.  Besides, you're not that good-looking anyways," he teased.

Mikyung lightly punched Kyu's shoulder, "Jerk.."

Hyunjoong finally walked up to the two, "I see you two are getting it on again? Did you kiss and make up?"

"Hyung, seriously.. what's your problem?" Kyujong said.

Jungmin walked over when he saw what was happening.  "What's going on?"

Mikyung got in between the guys, "You guys just stop it."

Hyunjoong grabbed Mikyung's hand and walked out.  Because Jungmin didn't want to cause anymore problems, he slowly walked after them.  But when he opened the door, Hyunjoong was already driving off.


A/N: Leave your comments. (: