One Bullet, Three Birds

The Man Behind the Screen

Mikyung got up to look at who was calling. It was Jungmin.  That wasn’t the suspicious thing, the number under his name was the same as the mysterious number that had been texting Mikyung!

Omo, he’s the stalker?!!!!

Mikyung ignored the call, but Jungmin called once more.  Mikyung answered, “Hello?”

“Ah- Mikyung-sshi?” Jungmin asked.

“WAE? Are you stalking me?” Mikyung asked.

“Where’s Hyunjoong?” Jungmin asked innocently.

“He’s in the bathroom, wae?”

“Is there something wrong, Mikyung?” Hyunjoong asked from behind.

“Omo!” Mikyung almost dropped the phone.  “Jungmin called you.”

Hyunjoong grabbed the phone, “What’s up?”

“Jaeho’s expecting you back here in 45 minutes so I hope you hurry it up,” Jungmin warned.

“Aish, I know already. I’ll come home soon,” Hyunjoong told and hung up.

Mikyung looked suspiciously at Hyunjoong, “Is everything alright?”

“Well, Jaeho’s just expecting me back sooner than I thought he would need me,” Hyunjoong explained.

“I see…”

“Don’t worry about it.  We can stay for as long as we’d like,” Hyunjoong smiled.

Mikyung then thought about Jungmin’s words earlier that day,  “I’m sure dinner isn’t his only intention”.

“Are you alright?” Hyunjoong asked.

“Oh, of course.”

After their awkward dinner, Hyunjoong walked Mikyung to her apartment.  Before entering, Hyunjoong turned Mikyung to face him. “I had a great time.”

“As did I,” Mikyung said.  She felt the atmosphere…she felt that Hyunjoong was about to kiss her.

Just as Hyunjoong leaned forward, Mikyung opened her door, “I’ll see you at work tomorrow.”

Hyunjoong laughed and scratched his head.

As Hyunjoong walked down the hall, he noticed Kyu’s parents walking down the hall with flowers.  He hid at the corner and watched from afar.

Kyujong’s parents’ knocked on Mikyung’s door.  When Mikyung opened the door, Kyu’s mom hugged Mikyung.

“What’s Kyu’s parents doing here?” Hyunjoong asked himself.  He called Kyujong.

“Hello?” Kyu answered.

“Where are you?” Hyunjoong asked.

“I’m with my parents.”

Just as Kyu told Hyunjoong he was with his parents, Kyu turned the corner and entered Mikyung’s apartment.

“Arasso, just come back soon.”

They hung up.  Hyunjoong went home.

*In Mikyung’s apartment*

“Mikyung-sshi, Kyu has something to say,” Kyu’s mother informed.

Kyu’s mother nudged him a little, “Aish, I’m sorry for what I said at dinner the other day.  Will you be my girlfriend?”

Mikyung was speechless, “You see…”

“I told you she was going to say no,” Kyujong said.

“Mikyung,” Kyu’s mother held on her arm, “Kyujong is really lonely without you.”

“Can I talk to Kyu alone?” Mikyung asked.

“Of course.  Actually we have to get going now so if you guys want to bond, bond for a while,” Kyu’s mother said.

After Kyujong’s parents left, Kyu sighed.

“What’s up with that?” Mikyung asked Kyujong.

“Well, after a two hour lecture, they dragged me here.  Seems like they won’t let us break up,” Kyujong told.

“Well what are we going to do then?” Mikyung was confused.

“What do you want to do?”

“I have absolutely no clue. I can’t lie to my mom anymore.  She knows me too well,” Mikkyung admitted.

“Hm…Well I guess we’re just going to have to do what they want,” Kyujong suggested.

“Bwoh? You don’t really want to be with me do you?” Mikyung asked.

Kyujong smiled, “I’ll see you tomorrow for our scheduled lunch with our parents.”

Kyujong walked out and Mikyung was left, clueless.

Suddenly she got a text from the mysterious number: Seems like things didn’t work out as I thought…

This time, Mikyung texted back: Park Jungmin, please leave me alone…

Mikyung walked to her room to change her clothes when she heard her phone ringing.  It was the mysterious number.

“Ignore or accept?” Mikyung asked herself.

*clicks ignore*

Mikyung sighed and walked back to her room.  Now she heard a knock at the door.  She quickly threw on her robe and walked to the door.

As she opened the door, Heulheul started to bark.  Behind the door, it was no other than Jungmin.

“W-what are you doing here?”


A/N: COMMENT!