Lies, lies and more lies. (:

The Man Behind the Screen

“Omo, Jungmin!” Mikyung shouted.

One man started to kiss Mikyung.  Jungmin saw the sight and ran faster.  Jungmin was angered by the sight of Mikyung being dragged by drunks, right in front of him.

Mikyung, I’m coming

Jungmin turned into the ally that the drunks had taken Mikyung.  There Mikyung was, on the ground struggling for her life.

“Yah!” Jungmin shouted.

All the drunks turned and saw Jungmin.  Jungmin glanced at Mikyung and saw the fear that filled her eyes.

Jungmin punched one man out of anger.  The other three guys charged at Jungmin. Jungmin was winning the fight at first, but the guys got the best out of him.

Mikyung shouted as she saw Jungmin getting beat in front of her.  She tried to help Jungmin, but she saw that one man was about to pull out a knife.

“Jungmin!” she shouted.  Mikyung was about to block Jungmin from the knife, but one man punched her in the stomach.

After realizing that they had beaten Mikyung and Jungmin almost to death, all four guys ran away from the scene.

“Jungmin!” Mikyung cried as she saw the blood rushing from Jungmin’s stomach.  “Jungmin!”

Jungmin looked at Mikyung and smiled.  He tried to hide the pain.  Jungmin reached for Mikyung’s hand.

The next morning, Mikyung and Jungmin woke up in the hospital.  Mikyung was two rooms away from Jungmin.  To surprise, Kyujong was sleeping on a chair next to Mikyung’s bed.

As Mikyung woke up, all she could think about was Jungmin’s safety.  Without waking Kyujong, Mikyung stood up.

Mikyung almost reached the door when her mother and father walked into the room.

“Omo! Mikyung~” her mother cried.  “What happened to my daughter?”

Mikyung’s mother caressed her.  Kyujong heard and woke up.  “You’re up?”

Mikyung felt so awkward because she really just wanted to comfort Jungmin at the moment. 

Mikyung turned to Kyujong, “Where’s Jungmin?”

“He just got out of surgery two hours ago.   He’s going to need a lot of rest,” Kyujong said.

“Kyujong-ah,” Mikyung’s mother was overreacting, “Thank you for taking care of my daughter.”

“Yah umma, Jungmin’s the one who got hurt for me.  He saw what happened and he came to help me,” Mikyung blurted.  “Thank him, not Kyujong.”

“Yah! Ahn Mikyung!” Mikyung’s mother shouted.

“Anni,” Kyujong attempted to clear the atmosphere.  “It’s okay.  Jungmin saved Mikyung-sshi.”

“Kyu-ah,” Mikyung’s mother favored Kyujong.

“What room is he in?” Mikyung asked Kyujong.

“Two doors to the left,” Kyujong said.

Mikyung took a deep breath before stepping out.  She slowly stepped out.  There it was, the sight she was scared of facing – raging Jungmin fans.

They were all crying, hoping for Jungmin to walk out safely.

Jaeho walked towards Mikyung’s room, “Gwenchana?”

“Dae~” Mikyung muttered.

“Did you want to see him?” Jaeho asked.

Mikyung nodded her head, “Is he alright?”

“He’s still unconscious, but he should wake up in no time,” Jaeho informed.  “Here,” Jaeho stepped into Mikyung’s room.  “Wear this and follow me.”

Mikyung threw on a suit and a black hat.  She quickly shuffled down the hall, in between four body guards.

There she was, safe in Jungmin’s room.  There was Hyunjoong, Hyungjoon and YoungSaeng sleeping on the chairs.  Well, Hyunjoong was still awake.

Hyunjoong glared at Mikyung.  For some reason, Mikyung didn’t enjoy his glare because Hyunjoong had never glared at her before.

Mikyung walked over to Jungmin’s bed, “Jungmin-ah.”

“What happened last night?” Hyunjoong finally said.

Mikyung tried to fight back her tears, “I was following Jungmin—“

“Why didn’t you call us when this happened?” Hyunjoong scolded.  His scolding woke YoungSaeng and Hyungjoon.

“He got in a cab and some guys came and took me away.  The next thing I knew, I saw Jungmin fighting with the guys.  I don’t know how he—“

“Cut the bull and tell me what really happened!” Hyunjoong raised his voice.

“I-I—“ Mikyung was scared of Hyunjoong.

“Hyung!” Hyungjoon said.  “Calm down and just listen to her, will you?”

“Yah, she’s telling the truth.  Since when did she lie?” Youngsaeng pointed out.

Kyujong came into the room.  “What’s with all the shouting?”

“Are you going to be honest?” Hyunjoong looked straight into Mikyung’s eyes.

Mikyung looked around for comfort, but she knew that no one was on her side.

Suddenly, Jungmin started to mumble in his sleep, “Mikyung-ah.  I’m coming for you. You’ll be safe.”

All eyes landed on Jungmin.

“Hyung, she’s not lying,” Hyungjoon stated.