More Fussing and Fighting

The Man Behind the Screen

Mikyung looked around for comfort, but she knew that no one was on her side.

Suddenly, Jungmin started to mumble in his sleep, “Mikyung-ah.  I’m coming for you. You’ll be safe.”

All eyes landed on Jungmin.

“Hyung, she’s not lying,” Hyungjoon stated.

“He’s dreaming,” Hyunjoong said.  “You can’t trust him if he’s unconscious.”

“Did you set him up?” YoungSaeng finally asked.

“No! I would never—“ Mikyung defended herself.

“Mikyung isn’t the girl who would do that,” Kyujong helped.

“Oh shut up, Kyu,” Hyunjoong said.  “You’re just defending her because you have some sort of relationship with her.”

“Bwoh?” Mikyung asked.

“What are you talking about?” Hyungjoon asked.

“Don’t act all innocent,” Hyunjoong said.  “I saw you over at her apartment the other day.”

Jaeho suddenly walked into the room, “Is everything fine?”

“Go on and tell him, Kyu,” Hyunjoong instigated.

“What’s going on?” Jaeho asked.

“Jaeho—“ Mikyung said.

“No, I should explain,” Kyujong interrupted.  “My parents and Mikyung’s parents arranged our marriage a while back.”

“Is this true?” Jaeho looked at Mikyung.

“Dae,” Mikyung avoided eye contact.

Jungmin woke up, but no one noticed him.  He shut his eyes and pretended to be asleep.

“Were these your family affairs that you said you were going to?” Jaeho asked.

“Dae.  My parents and Mikyung’s parents were arranging dates for us.  Even though we didn’t want to date, but they made us,” Kyujong explained.

Hyunjoong was embarrassed by his actions, “Sorry, I misunderstood.”

“It’s alright,” Mikyung said.  She took a deep breath, “As long as we’re all on the same page now, right?”

“So do you like eachother?” Youngsaeng asked.

At the same time, Mikyung said, “No.”

But Kyujong said, “Yes.”

The two looked at one another, “You do?” Mikyung asked.

“You don’t?” Kyujong asked.

“Well…no.”

Kyujong looked away in disappointment.

All the boys felt the tension in the air.  Jungmin coughed.

“Omo, you’re finally up,” Mikyung said.  “Are you alright? I’m so sorry about what happened.”

Jungmin looked at Mikyung and then looked at Kyujong. Kyujong, without even looking at Jungmin, walked out of the room.

When he opened the door, there was a bunch of fangirls crying, shouting, and screaming for Jungmin. The second the door closed, the noise stopped.

“I’m fine, are you okay?” Jungmin asked.

“Jungmin, I’m so sorry I forgot about the dinner too,” Mikyung apologized.

“It’s alright,” Jungmin said.  “Can I be alone?”

The boys looked at eachother, “Yeah, we have to go to a schedule anyway,” Hyunjoong said.  “We’ll come back later tonight.”

“Arasso,” Jungmin said.

“Take care,” Jaeho pounded Jungmin’s knuckles.

Mikyung was still standing there.  Jungmin looked at Mikyung, “I was serious when I said alone.”

“Y-Yeah,” Mikyung agreed.  “I’ll just uh…I’ll see you some other time.”

Mikyung couldn’t help, but want to stay with Jungmin.  She felt the need to stay and comfort him.

Mikyung turned towards the door, but before she could take a step, Jungmin grabbed her wrist, “You don’t have to listen to everything I tell you.”

Mikyung smiled, “Well, you shouldn’t say things you don’t mean.”

“Are you really leaving?” Jungmin asked.

“I have to go back to my room since my parents are there. But I’ll come back maybe sometimes later today or tomorrow,” Mikyung informed.  “Take care of yourself.  I feel bad enough from letting you come after those drunks.”

Mikyung put on the clothes Jaeho gave her from earlier and left the room.

Mikyung walked back into her room and saw her parents.

“What happened?” Mikyung’s mother asked.  “Where’s Kyujong-sshi?”

“Omo, I forgot about him,” Mikyung said.  She pulled out her phone and called Kyujong.

“Hello?” Kyujong answered.

“Where are you?” Mikyung asked.

“I’m going to a schedule with the guys,” Kyujong told.  “Is something wrong?”

“Anni, just wondering, that’s all,” Mikyung hung up.  “He’s going to a schedule with the rest of s.”

“Mikyung-ah,” her father took her hands, “You’re at the age where you should be married.  You aren’t even dating yet and you refuse to date Kyujong.”

“Appa, he’s—“

“I know he’s an idol, but every couple has to go through rough patches.  You’re friends with a couple idols because of your job,” Mikyung’s father pointed out.  “What’s wrong with dating one?”

“I just can’t, alright?” Mikyung was getting angry.  “I’m not over the past.  I’m not over the fact that you can’t let me choose who I want to be with.  I’m not over the fact that you two are forcing me to fall in love with someone I know so little about.”

“Mikyung—“ Mikyung’s mother tried to stop her.

“No.  I’m not going to listen to you two any longer.  I’m going to start doing what I want to do.  If you loved me as your daughter you’d let me do my thing,” Mikyung stormed out of the room.

As she walked out, she saw Kyujong at the door.  Kyujong saw that Mikyung was crying.  Mikyung stared at Kyujong, “I thought you were at a schedule.”  Kyujong didn’t answer.  Mikyung started to tear up from her fight with her parents and then ran away.

Kyujong thought If she wants to find true love, I’ll help her.  I can’t stand to see her cry. Not now, not ever.

Kyujong ran after Mikyung.  Mikyung was running down the stairs, but because she was suffering from fatigue, her pace was slower than usual.

In no time, Kyujong caught up to Mikyung.  “Yah, gwenchana?” Mikyung didn’t say a word.  She just cried.  Kyujong grabbed her arm and caressed her, “Don’t cry.  I’m right here.”


A/N: I really still don't even know who's going to be the lead role for the guy.. Lol It's between Kyujong and Jungmin. Please vote!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/vote/5302