Jealousy Stirs

The Man Behind the Screen

“It has nothing to do with her, it’s just that I have a career to do at the moment.  I don’t think I can divide my schedule to fit her,” Kyu confessed.

“Shiro~” Kyu’s father said.  “You and Mikyung-sshi will marry in the end no matter what.”

“We have no connection whatsoever, father.  From the beginning we told eachother that we would never work.  No matter what you say, I will never love Mikyung.”

“Who are you right now?” Kyujong’s mother asked as tears rolled down her face.  “Are you even my baby Kyu anymore?”

Kyujong kept quiet. 

Mikyung’s mother looked at her, “Is this true Mikyung?  You and Kyu never went out?”  Mikyung slightly nodded.  “I told you ---“ Mikyung’s mother fixed herself and tried to look more polite, “We will have a talk after this.”

“Miss Ahn-sshi,” Kyu said, “It’s not Mikyung’s fault.  I made her play along with me so I could have my own benefits.”

“Kyujong!” his father snapped.  “Get out …Now!”

Kyujong stood up, bowed to Mikyung’s parents and left.

Kyujong’s mother was the first to speak, “I’m so sorry, Mikyung-sshi.  This won’t happen next time.”

“Is he correct, Mikyung?” her mother asked. “You agreed to pretend this relationship?”

“Yes.”

“Omo!” Kyujong’s mother said.

That night, Mikyung could not face anyone.  As she walked home from the grocery store, she got another text from the same mysterious number: Why are you so down?

Mikyung looked around. No one.  She decided to text back: Who is this?

Unknown Number: Jaeho..
Mikyung: No this isn’t Jaeho
Unknown Number: I’ll see you tomorrow

Mikyung was scared and picked up her pace.  When she arrived home, she fed Heul heul.  “Heulheul, if I were a dog, I wouldn’t worry so much.”

The next morning, Mikyung went to work.  “Ah! Mikyung-sshi!” it was Hyungjoon.  “Why weren’ t you here all last week?”

“I was sick…” Mikyung mumbled.

“Hyungjoon was really worried about you,” a voice came from behind.  It was Hyunjoong.  “I’m glad you’re back.”

Mikyung just shook her head.  “Seems like everything’s running smoothly.”

“Except Kyu didn’t come today,” Hyungjoon told.

“Why not?” Mikyung wondered.

“He told Jaeho that he was sick, but it was clear that he was just being a baby,” Hyungjoon told.  “But the rest of us are here.”

“Hyungjoon! Hyunjoong!” Jungmin shouted from across the room.  “Kaja!”

“I’ll see you later,” Hyungjoon told Mikyung and ran towards Jungmin.

“How about we go out to dinner later?” Hyunjoong offered.  “Here’s my number.”  Hyunjoong handed Mikyung a note card with his name and number.  “I’ll be sad if you don’t contact me.”

Mikyung looked up and Hyunjoong shot Mikyung a killer smile.  Mikyung looked over Hyunjoong’s shoulder and saw Jungmin staring at them.  Right when their eyes met, Jungmin looked away as if he wasn’t even looking.

“I’ll call you,” Mikyung told Hyunjoong.

After the recording, Jungmin walked up to Mikyung, “What’s with the long face all day?”

Wow, he really sounds like that creeper. “I uh…just family affairs,” Mikyung told.

“I see, are you free tonight?”

“Actually, I have an engagement with Hyunjoong, but you can come as well,” Mikyung suggested.

“That’s alright, I’m sure dinner isn’t his only intention.”

“Excuse me?”

“Ah, it’s nothing. I’ll just wait till you’re free some other time,” Jungmin said quickly.  “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

As Mikyung walked down the street, she felt as if she shouldn’t  have promised Hyunjoong to dinner and go out to dinner with Jungmin. 

When Mikyung got closer to the restaurant, she called Hyunjoong, “Are you at the place?”

“Yes, I’ll be there in 10 minutes,” Hyunjoong informed.

Mikyung walked in and got seated in the back.  She wanted to avoid being seen with Hyunjoong.

As Mikyung waited, she received a text from the mysterious number: Have a good time with Hyunjoong.

Mikyung didn’t care about these texts anymore because she had gotten to used to receiving them.

Hyunjoong walked in with his hood and sunglasses.  Mikyung stood up to greet him.

“You didn’t need to disguise yourself,” Mikyung told.  “It’s not like we’re a couple…”

“I know, but I still don’t want this dinner to be a burden to you,” Hyunjoong told.

After ordering their food, Hyunjoong had the urge to use the restroom, “I’ll be back quickly.  Enjoy yourself.”

Mikyung looked around when suddenly, Hyunjoong’s phone started to ring.  Mikyung didn’t want to answer it so she waited until it stopped ringing.  It rang right after it stopped again.  This time, everyone in the restaurant was staring.

Mikyung got up to look at who was calling. It was Jungmin.  That wasn’t the suspicious thing, the number under his name was the same as the mysterious number that had been texting Mikyung!

Omo, he’s the stalker?!!!!


a/n: sorry about the late update. I was on Spring break.. :P