Almost the Truth

The Man Behind the Screen

Hyunjoong continued, “Mikyung-sshi?”

“Hyunjoong-ah…you’re on air,” Mikyung told.

“Hyunjoong,” Seunggi shouted, “Are you faking your sickness so Mikyung comes to take care of you?’

All of a sudden, Kyujong walked off stage.

The producers and whole cast saw the incident but signaled for Seunggi to keep talking.

“Yah, your fans will be mad if you aren’t sick…” Seunggi said.

Suddenly, Hyunjoong hung up the phone. 

“CUT!” Director Joo shouted.  “You are all lucky this can be edited out.  Just so damn lucky there is no audience today.”

Mikyung ran to Director Joo, “Yah, can we not talk about my life and just have the spot light on idols and not me? I don’t want to have people looking at me when I walk in public.”

“Arasso, I’ll talk to Seunggi and tell him to follow the script,” Director Joo informed.  “Go see where Kyu went.”

“Arasso.” Mikyung stormed off.

After running around set, Mikyung finally found Kyujong sitting outside the rooftop on a bench.

“Yah, gwenchana?” Mikyung asked.

Kyujong didn’t say anything.  He looked at Mikyung and stood up.  He moved towards the edge.

“Yah! Are you stupid? Don’t jump off!” Mikyung shouted.

Kyujong laughed, “I’m not going to jump, I’m just looking at the scene.”

Mikyung hit a couple of times.  Then she walked and stood next to Kyu.  “Did someone offend you back there?”

“No, I just needed some fresh air.”  Kyu sighed.  “Mikyung-sshi, I was thinking about what I said last night.  We should really become a real couple.”

“Mikyung!” Hyemi shouted from a distance.  “Are you babo?” Hyemi started running towards the two.  “Don’t go so close to the edge.”

Mikyung laughed, “I’m not going to commit suicide.”

Hyemi hit Mikyung’s arm, “Yah, don’t scare me like that.  I thought you and and Kyu were going to commit suicide together or something.”

Kyujong laughed.  Mikyung looked at Kyujong because this was the first time she’d seen Kyujong laugh.

“Bwoh?” Kyujong asked Mikyung when he noticed her staring.

“It’s just…I didn’t know you could laugh like that,” Mikyung finally revealed.

“Kaja, the recording is about to start again,” Hyemi dragged Kyujong and Mikyung back onto the set.

That night, Mikyung went home thinking about what happened before Hyemi interrupted her and Kyujong.

Like the usual bath, Mikyung decided to go on dspent.net

This time, Jaeho was online and ready to chat with Mikyung.

Jaeho: Annyeo ^^
Mikyung: Do you know where Hyunjoong is?
Jaeho: Anni…don’t you wonder about other people?
Mikyung: Well…is he ok?
Jaeho: I don’t even know myself…
Mikyung: …
Jaeho: I’m sorry, but can’t we just meet up or something?
Mikyung: Don’t you have Hyekyo and that other girl…?
Jaeho: I don’t want them…I want you.
Mikyung: Seriously…be honest with me
Jaeho: I’m pretty serious right now.

Suddenly, her phone started to ring.  It was Hyemi. “Yah, this better be good.”

“Mikyung, you said you were talking to Jaeho online didn’t you?” Hyemi did not breathe through her words.

“Yeah, why? Is there something wrong?” Mikyung was confused.

“Yah, I hope you know that it’s not even Jaeho! Junho told me about how the email doesn’t lead to Jaeho’s real email.  It’s a fake!” Hyemi spilled.

“Shut up! I’m so kicking this jerk’s tomorrow… Whoever this is,” Mikyung said as the hung up on Hyemi.

Mikyung: Maybe we should webcam
Jaeho: Not now…The boys will think it’s weird.
Mikyung: Don’t they know you like me?
Jaeho: ? This doesn’t sound like Mikyung
Mikyung: Who does this sound like? You… You aren’t Jaeho!
Jaeho: I am Jaeho…
Mikyung: What’s your confession from those emails you sent me?
Jaeho: … you caught me…
Mikyung: Who are you?
Jaeho: Come to work tomorrow. I’ll be wearing a black shirt and a red cap.

*Jaeho exited private chat *

As promised, Mikyung showed up to work the next morning searching for the guy wearing a black shirt with a red cap.  When she finally saw a red cap, she saw another red cap.  It was Jungmin and Hyungjoon.

Hyungjoon turned and saw Mikyung staring, “Mikyung-sshi, you like the new hats Jaeho bought us last night?  We’re all wearing them.”

Hyungjoon pointed to the rest of SS501, where Hyunjoong, Kyujong and Youngsaeng were all wearing the same red hat.

Not  only were they all wearing that stupid red hat, but they were all wearing a black shirt.


A/N: Thanks for the comments. ... I won't spoil anything ^^