Untitled.

The Man Behind the Screen

Hyungjoon turned and saw Mikyung staring, “Mikyung-sshi, you like the new hats Jaeho bought us last night?  We’re all wearing them.”

Hyungjoon pointed to the rest of SS501, where Hyunjoong, Kyujong and Youngsaeng were all wearing the same red hat.

Not  only were they all wearing that stupid red hat, but they were all wearing a black shirt.

Mikyung sighed and then walked furiously towards Jaeho.  Before she got to Jaeho, she bumped into someone.  It was Hyekyo.

“Ah, annyeohaseo,” Mikyung bowed.

“Omo, Mikyung-sshi?” Hyeko said.

Mikyung scratched her head, “Dae~”

“Why are you here? Do you work on set?” Hyekyo asked.

“Yeah, I’m part of the filming staff,” Mikyung told.

“She’s actually on the show today too,” Hyemi came from behind Mikyung.  “Seems like Soyeon got sick last night.”

“Again? As if yesterday’s recording wasn’t bad enough,” Mikyung whined.

“Oh no, they have que cards today for the show.  So if you get messed up, we can guide you,” Hyemi informed.

“That’s great!” Hyekyo interrupted.  “I’m going to be on the show too, let’s sit next to eachother.  But I’ll talk to you after I say hi to Jaeho. Annyeo!”

Hyekyo walked away and Mikyung turned the opposite way.  Someone always has to get in the damn way when I need answers! Mikyung thought to herself.

Suddenly she got a text message from Jungmin: Turn that frown upside down.

Mikyung remembered what Jungmin had told her the other day.  She turned around and looked for anyone playing with their phone or even looking at her.

Mikyung spotted Hyungjoon playing with his phone.  Mikyung marched up to Hyungjoon, “Yah! Quit texting me you creep!”

Hyungjoon looked up to Mikyung, innocently.  “Waeee?”

“Don’t play dumb with me.  You’ve been texting me with Jungmin’s phone.  Will you please just –“

“Mikyung,” Hyemi came from behind.  “That’s an ipod.”

Mikyung snapped out of her weird state of mind.  “Yah, where’s Jungmin?”

Hyungjoon was scared of Mikyung’s strange behavior and just shrugged his shoulders.

Mikyung sighed, “I guess I’ll just have to wait and find out later.”

“Find what out?” Hyunjoong asked from behind.

Mikyung was shocked that Hyunjoong heard her whispers.  “Anniyo.  It’s nothing.”

“I can help you if you want,” Hyunjoong offered.

Mikyung was about to take the offer, but Director Joo called out for Mikyung.  “Yah! Mikyung! Where’s the script?”

“Coming!” Mikyung quickly grabbed her briefcase and left Hyunjoong standing alone.

As she walked to the stage, she bumped into Jungmin.  “Chusoimnida.”

“Gwenchana?” Jungmin asked.

“Dae~” Mikyung started to walk away.

“Chakamanyo,” Jungmin grabbed Mikyung’s arm, “Did you need help carrying those?”

Without an answer, Jungmin grabbed Mikyung’s unorganized briefcase.

“Komowayo,” Mikyung thanked.

“No problem, it’s the least I can do since I took up your time the other day.  Are you doing anything tonight?” Jungmin finally asked.

“Anni,” Mikyung answered.

“Let’s go get something to eat,” Jungmin suggested.

“Does it fit your schedule?”

“Of course, I wouldn’t ask if it didn’t.” Jungmin smiled, and for some reason, Mikyung enjoyed his smile.

After filming, Jungmin stayed behind to wait for Mikyung. 

“Jungmin, we’re leaving without you!” Youngsaeng shouted from the door.

“Arasso! I’ll be home later!” Jungmin responded.

Jungmin started to look around for Mikyung, but she was no where to be found.  He checked near the restrooms, but she wasn’t there.  He checked in the changing rooms, but she wasn’t there either.  He ran towards the stage and heard laughter.

Jungmin looked from afar and saw Kyujong and Mikyung joking around and having a fun time.  He could hear almost nothing from the two, but he did hear some words.

“Your mom wanted to have dinner with me the other night,” Kyujong said.

“Yeah, well she’s just going to make the situation worse,” Mikyung joked.

“Imagine if my fans found out about our relationship,” Kyujong said.

Just as Jungmin heard those words, he felt like he was betrayed.  He felt as if someone just took his heart and ripped it into 30283208 pieces. 

Jungmin turned to leave, but as he turned, his jacket hooked onto a box, causing the box to fall off.

“Omo, Jungmin?” Mikyung asked.


A/N:  Aw, Jungmin has feelings for Mikyung