Public Troubles

The Man Behind the Screen

Jungmin turned to leave, but as he turned, his jacket hooked onto a box, causing the box to fall off.

“Omo, Jungmin?” Mikyung asked.

Jungmin stopped for a split second, closed his eyes.  A tear rolled down his cheek, but he walked away without Kyujong and Mikyung catching him.

“Was that Jungmin?” Mikyung asked.

“Anni, I think it was just a camera man,” Kyujong told.  “Jungmin left with the rest of the guys.  Since they left did you want to get some dinner?”

“Actually, I was going to have dinner with someone—“ Mikyung couldn’t remember who she was supposed to have dinner with. 

“Who?”

“Um, just a friend,” Mikyung looked away in disgrace that she couldn’t remember who she made an engagement with.  “Aish!”

“Arasso, I’ll see you some other time.  Remember the meeting with our parents tomorrow at 12,” Kyujong reminded as he walked out.

Mikyung cleaned up her stuff and started to head out.  She got a text from Hyemi: Are you still at the filming? Jaeho needs you find Jungmin.

It finally clicked that Mikyung was supposed to have dinner with Jungmin. “Aish!”

Mikyung hit her head a couple of times and then looked around for Jungmin.  She searched all around the first floor and second floor.

She texted Hyemi back: Didn’t he go home with the other guys?

Hyemi texter Mikyung back: Anni, Jaehyo said that he stayed back. Kyujong just arrived and he wants you to look for Jungmin.

Mikyung thought of places that Jungmin would go.  “Where would you go, Park Jungmin-sshi?!”

Then, she had the perfect idea.  She sat down and her laptop.

She checked to see if “Jaeho” was online.  As usual, he was online.

Mikyung: Annyeo!
Jaeho: hi
Mikyung: You lied…you were all wearing black shirt and a red cap
Jaeho: that’s just too bad for you then
Mikyung: I just want to know who you are…
Jaeho: …
Mikyung: Why are you mad all of a sudden?
Jaeho: I’m not…
Mikyung: You act like I missed a date with you or something
Jaeho: You did…
Mikyung: I knew it!
Jaeho: You knew what?
Mikyung: I knew it was you this whole time, Jungmin!
Jaeho: what are you talking about?
Mikyung: This whole time! How could I be so blunt?

*Jaeho has left private chat*

Mikyung closer her laptop and ran out of the building.  She called Jungmin’s phone repeatedly to hear the ringtone.

Nothing.  Mikyung never heard a single tone.  “Omo, where could you be, Jungmin?”

Mikyung gave up around 8 o’clock because her stomach started to growl.  She decided to go eat at a nearby restaurant.

As Mikyung walked into the restaurant, she received a text from Jungmin’s phone. Please stop calling me. I’m nothing to you so leave me alone. Thanks

Mikyung didn’t feel pitiful towards Jungmin, but she was really upset at herself for forgetting her dinner date with Jungmin.  Mikyung just shut off her phone as she approached the front desk.

The waiter seated her near the back, where most singles sat.  As Mikyung waited for her food, she noticed that there were some girls whispering and squealing.  She followed the girls’ eyes and noticed that the girls were squealing about Jungmin.

There he was.  Sitting by himself, eating.

Mikyung didn’t know what to do or how to react.  She was angry, but she didn’t want to freak out because her and Jungmin were out in public.

She pulled out her phone and texted Jungmin.

Mikyung: yah! I was so worried about you and you were just there eating!

Jungmin looked around, clueless.  He didn’t reply, he just set his phone down and resumed eating.

A couple of girls came by and asked for autographs.  Jungmin gave them autographs and even took photos with the girls.

Mikyung watched Jungmin from afar and noticed his gratitude to his fans.

Suddenly, Mikyung’s phone started ringing. It was Hyunjoong.

“Hello?” Mikyung answered.

“Hey, did you happen to find Jungmin? Jaeho’s still looking for him,” Hyunjoong asked.

“Um, yeah.  I see him right now,” Mikyung said.

“Can I talk to him?”

“He’s a little busy right now,” Mikyung told.  Mikyung didn’t want to interrupt Jungmin and his fans.

“Arasso, just tell him to pick up his phone.  He’s been ignoring all our calls,” Hyunjoong informed.

“Arasso.”

They hung up and Mikyung texted Jungmin again. Yah, pick up on Jaeho and them

Once again, Jungmin ignored Mikyung’s text.  Jungmin finally finished his food.  Mikyung wasn’t finished, but she was quite full.

It was as if Mikyung was stalking Jungmin because she quickly finished her drink and followed Jungmin to the cash register.

Jungmin paid and two minutes later, Mikyung paid.  This whole time, Jungmin did not notice Mikyung.

Since the night was late and there were so many drunks walking the streets, Jungmin decided to take a cab. 

Mikyung couldn’t get a cab in time to follow Jungmin.  Jungmin looked at his mirror as he sat in front and saw that there were some drunks gathering around Mikyung.

“Yah! Stop the car,” He said.  Jungmin ran out and ran towards Mikyung.

“Omo, Jungmin!” Mikyung shouted.

One man started to kiss Mikyung.  Jungmin saw the sight and ran faster.  Jungmin was angered by the sight of Mikyung being dragged by drunks, right in front of him.

Mikyung, I’m coming


A/N: The most unrealistic chapter I have ever written in my fanfic-writing career! lol , actually, the next chapter is. ^^ I'll update in 24 hours again.