Chapter Three - Arranged --------

The Man Behind the Screen

Mikyung was puzzled, “We sort of got into a fight, but it wasn’t anything too serious. About the e-mail…”

“Oh, it’s alright if you can’t make it tonight,” Jaeho said.

“No! I’d love to go to dinner with you,” Mikyung interrupted.

Jaeho smiled, “That’s great! I always wanted to introduce you to this lovely girl.”

Mikyung turned, “Omo~ he wants me to meet his mother!” she turned back to Jaeho, “I’d be happy to meet her.”

“Alright, meet me at Hyeri’s Diner at 7 tonight,” Jaeho said as he walked away. “Don’t be late!”

“I’d never be late,” Mikyung said to herself.

“Don’t get too excited,” someone whispered in her ear. Mikyung turned around and there stood Park Jungmin. “He’s introducing you to his girlfriend.”

Mikyung shook her head in disbelief, “Jaeho would never do that.”

Hyungjoon popped in, “It’s true, him and his girlfriend are getting quite serious. He wants his girlfriend to meet his best friend, you.”

“Come on, guys. I know you guys must spend an awful amount of time together, but I’m sure…” Mikyung was interrupted.

“Just don’t show up on set tomorrow with your head drooping,” Jungmin said.

“Yeah, Hyunjoong’s cuter than Jaeho anyways,” Hyungjoon blurted. Jungmin smacked Hyungjoon’s head. “What?”

Jungmin smiled at Mikyung, “Take our word for it. Don’t get yourself dolled up tonight if you don’t want to get hurt.”

The boys left Mikyung standing there. Alone. That day, Mikyung did her work slowly and kept thinking if what the two guys said were true. She came to conclusion that they were just jealous that she liked Jaeho and not them.

Around 7, Mikyung was dolled up with a slim red dress, her hair in locks and quite a bit of make up on. She arrived at Hyeri’s Diner and told the hostess that she was there for a reservation. The hostess seated her and she waited for Jaeho.

It was around 7:10 when Jaeho finally showed up. Mikyung saw Jaeho turn the corner, but he turned back and gestured someone to go toward him. There she was, Jaeho’s girlfriend, Song Hyekyo! Tears starting to build in Mikyung’s eyes.

Jaeho and Hyekyo walked closer as Mikyung stood up. “Mikyung, this is the special lady, Hyekyo. Kyo, this is the other special lady, Mikyung.”

Hyekyo bowed, “Annyeohaseo.”

Mikyung bowed back, “Annyeohasseo.”

The three sat down and Jaeho tried to break the silence, “I’m so glad you girls get to finally meet! Mikyung you must know Hyekyo. She played with Rain in…”

“Full House. I remember because I worked on set for the drama,” Mikyung stated.

“Omo~ it’s you!” Hyekyo said. “You’re the girl who Bi accidentally sat on!”

Jaeho laughed, “Bi sat on you, Mikyung?” Mikyung nodded. “How did he miss you?”

Mikyung faked a laugh, “Yeah, let’s order.”

15 minutes went by and Hyekyo and Jaeho were still acting like lovebirds. Mikyung’s heart was more than shattered now. It was swept, thrown in the garbage and off to the junk yard by now. Mikyung’s phone rang, “Mother”.

“Umma?” Mikyung whispered. Hyekyo and Jaeho didn’t even notice Mikyung’s head was under the table.

“Yah! I thought I told you we were meeting today,” Mikyung’s mother insisted. “Your father’s here too!”

“Can’t you reschedule? I have an engagement.”

“No, get here now! I’ll text you the address. No buts.”

Her mother hung up, “Aish!” Mikyung raised her head and saw that Hyekyo and Jaeho were staring directly at her now. “My mother just called. Something urgent came up so I have to go.”

“Oh no, I really wanted us to spend some time together,” Jaeho stated.

“I’m sorry, but it seems to be really urgent. You know how my mother is,” Mikyung said.

“It was nice to meet you!” Hyekyo said as Mikyung started walking out.

“Same here!” Mikyung said. “My ,” she added after exiting the diner.

Mikyung called a taxi and asked to go to the place her mother had texted her. She wiped the tears that were falling from her eyes and mourned, “Jaeho-ah~.” She couldn’t stop thinking about how she should’ve trusted Jungmin and Hyungjoon back at the set.

Before Mikyung entered the restaurant, she wiped off all her makeup and pulled back her hair. She was looking more natural now, although you could tell she’d been crying. She managed to pull herself together before meeting her parents. She knew that this time was serious because her father was there.

Mikyung was escorted to a concealed room near the back of the building. Mikyung wondered why in hell her parents chose such a far room. Before entering, Mikyung noticed there weren’t two pairs of shoes, but five. Two girls’ shoes and three mens’ shoes.

Mikyung stepped into the room and saw her parents, a strange couple and KIM ___________!!! 


A/N: Who could be waiting for YOU!!??? I won't tell you who it is because we all know that there are three "kim's" in SS501!! haha

Comments are very much appreciated. Esp, if your name is Kang Jade.