Chapter One

The Man Behind the Screen

A/N: Just replace Ahn Mikyung with your name. I didn't want to put ______ so yeah. It's a totally made up name. haha.


Ahn Mikyung knew she was going to be working with her old crush in just a few days.  She was a little worried because Jaeho might’ve forgotten her. Minkyung got ready extra early in the morning before going to work that day. She dressed in her newest clothes and even applied a little bit of make up on that day.

When she arrived, she saw SS501 but totally skipped them. All her nerves were focused on reuniting with Jaeho. Director Joo introduced Mikyung and Jaeho. “Omo~ Mikyung? Ahn Mikyung?” Jaeho responded. Mikhyung shyly nodded and put her hair behind her ear. “It’s been so long, Mimi~” Jaeho said as he hugged Mikyung.

“I know,” Mimi said hoping the moment would last. “I was so excited when I heard the news. I’m so proud of you, you finally fulfilled your dream of becoming a manager!”

“Oh! Talking about that! Mimi, meet the boys. This is the leader, Hyun Joong, Kyujong, Youngsaeng, Jungmin and Hyunjoon. Boys, this is Mikyung.”

“Nice to meet you all,” Mikyung said and bowed. She didn’t care about meeting the boys, all she wanted was Jaeho to notice her.

“Kim Jaeho!” a cordi shouted from afar.

Jaeho looked to his left and then turned back to Mikyung, “Sorry, I got to go, I’ll see you around.”

Mikyung watched Jaeho run off, forgetting that SS501 was still standing in front of her. “She’s pretty.” “You think she’s our noona?” “Yah, that’s Jaeho’s girlfriend.”

Mikyung turned to the boys, “Shouldn’t you guys be getting ready?”

“Mikyung noona,” Hyungjoon said, “we just got here. Where is the make-up area?”

“Aigoo, I thought you guys were professionals,” Mikyung said and directed the boys to the make-up tent.

Once the shooting for the day was finished, Mikyung rushed out because she forgot she had an engagement with her mother. Just as she was just about to get out the door, Jaeho stopped her, “Mikyung, are you busy tonight?”

“I have an engagement with my mother,” Mikyung said while scratching her head. “I’m really sorry.”

“How about tomorrow night?” Jaeho asked.

Mikyung’s heart raced. “Sure, I’ll email you.”

When Mikyung got into the restaurant her mother was already waiting for her – like usual. Mikyung sat down and settled herself. The waiter gave Mikyung the menu and poured a glass of water for her. Mikyung opened the menu and her mother spoke, “You know why you’re here right?”

“Of course,” Mikyung knew that her mother was there to lecture Mikyung about her life. In Mikyung’s family, everyone married earlier than most people. Her mother and her father married when her father was 25 and just got out of the army. Her mother was only 22. “You want to scold me about getting married.”

“Close,” her mother said. “I’m setting you up with a blind date.”

Mikyung slammed the menu on the table, “What!!???”

“Let’s face it, Kyung-ah. You’re getting old and…”

“Being 24 is not old. I finally got a great job and I’m settling down now. I can find my own guy.”

“Your past boyfriends that I did not pick out were a little…absurd. There was Jung Mihwang and he was just so mean. I mean he left you for his own cousin, Kyung-ah. Choi Kwangho wasn’t any better. He ditched you on your birthday to go to a strip joint. The only decent guy you could’ve been with was Kim Jaeho.”

“I was about to go to dinner with him tonight, umma. But you engaged with me tonight already,” Mikyung told.

Mikyung’s mother was shocked because Jaeho had never showed any affections for Mikyung before. After high school, he avoided Mikyung, but Mikyung never got over him until Mihwang showed up in her life, “Are you sure it’s not for business?”

“Of course I’m sure umma.”

“But isn’t he the manager of SS501?” Mikyung nodded her head. “But your blind date is from SS501!”