Recognized As a Star

The Man Behind the Screen

Kyujong ran after Mikyung. Mikyung was running down the stairs, but because she was suffering from fatigue, her pace was slower than usual.

In no time, Kyujong caught up to Mikyung. “Yah, gwenchana?” Mikyung didn’t say a word. She just cried. Kyujong grabbed her arm and caressed her, “Don’t cry. I’m right here.”

“I can’t date you, Kyu,” Mikyung cried. “I just can’t.”

As much as hearing the words hurt, Kyujong knew he had to stay and listen to Mikyung.

After Mikyung’s crying died down, Mikyung was ready to have a real talk with Kyujong. “Kyu, do you believe in love?”

Kyu looked at the sky, “Love is like the sky. It’s endless, it changes, sometimes it’s ugly and sometimes it’s beautiful. Love is everywhere you look.” [A/N: completely my words and they just came from the top of my head. Lol]

Mikyung turned and looked at Kyujong, “Do you believe that…your true love is your soulmate?”

Kyujong shook his head, “Not necessarily. Your soulmate doesn’t have to even be your love. The chances of meeting your soulmate is more slim than meeting your true love.”

Mikyung smiled, “Kyujong, …you’re a great guy.”

“Are you breaking up with me?” Kyujong laughed.

“I don’t know…” Mikyung giggled. “This isn’t…You know. It’s not what I was hoping for.”

“And what were you hoping for?” Kyujong asked.

“Well, I love you as a person. But the other day, our conversation…”

“Was I asking for too much?” Kyujong asked. “Was I moving too fast?”

“No no no, of course not. It’s just …it’ll take a lot of time for me to actually fall in love with you,” Mikyung explained. “I hope you understand.”

The next day, Mikyung woke up feeling light-headed. She was still in the hospital. Her parents were sleeping on the couch when she woke up. Mikyung then noticed someone gripping on her hand. It was Hyungjoon.

“Hyungjoon?” Mikyung whispered and lightly nudged Hyungjoon. “Hyungjoon, are you awake? Yah?”

Hyungjoon woke up and rubbed his eyes, “Mikyung-ah, you’re up. What time is it?”

Mikyung looked at the clock, “It’s 8. Shouldn’t you be at the studio?”

Hyungjoon shook his head, “Anni, they scheduled Beast to go at the last minute. We all have off today, so the five members fill in for us, and then the other member fills in for you since you were the replacement for Kahi.”

“Ahhh, arasso. Why are you here though? Don’t you want time with your family or something?” Mikyung questioned.

A smile popped up on Hyungjoon’s face, “It’s a long story.”

Mikyung stood up, “I’m hungry, did you want to get some breakfast with me?”

Hyungjoon stood up, happy, and nodded, “Of course!”

Mikyung and Hyungjoon left the room after writing a note for Mikyung’s parents. They walked to the cafeteria without remembering that Hyungjoon was an idol.

Mikyung saw some people staring at them and then realized that she was walking with an idol.

“Yah, you didn’t disguise yourself so don’t walk so close to me,” Mikyung demanded.

Hyungjoon looked at himself, “Waeyo? You’ve been on television before…You’re practically famous.”

“Yeah, but I’m not like…getting paid like you are. It’s your career and I’m just forced to do it,” Mikyung pointed out.

Suddenly, a young girl patient walked up to Hyungjoon and Mikyung. “Unni, oppa. Will you sign this for me?”

Mikyung and Hyungjoon looked at the picture. It was a still shot of Mikyung on the show sitting next to YoungSaeng and Hyungjoon.

Mikyung looked at Hyungjoon, and Hyungjoon smirked. He grabbed the picture, “Should I write your name on this too?”

The little girl nodded, “Kim Sunyah, please.”

After signing the picture, Hyungjoon handed Mikyung the picture.

Mikyung hesitated as she scribbled her name on the picture. She handed it to the little girl, “Kamsaimnida.”

“Unni, I was watching oppa the other day and saw you on the show…do you and Kyujong oppa talk? I want his autograph—“

“Sunyah-ah, come this way,” the little girl’s mother said.

Sunyah looked at her mom, “Umma, chakamanyo! Unni, do you think you can get it for me and ask a nurse to send it to me? I’m a patient here.”

Mikyung nodded, “Arasso. Pali and catch up to your umma.”

“Mikyung-ah,” Hyungjoon stared wide-eyed at Mikyung as the little girl left. “You’re going to send it to her?”

“Yeah, I can’t lie to her. And besides, she recognized me,” Mikyung said. “It’s surprising.”

After eating breakfast, Mikyung packed some for Jungmin. She gave the box of food to Hyungjoon to give to Jungmin since she had to hurry back into her room.

When Mikyung opened the door to her room, she couldn’t believe the sight that she was seeing. It wasn’t who the people were, but what they were doing. It was Jungmin and Kyujong. Jungmin had his hand clenching on Kyujong’s shirt, against the wall.

Mikyung looked for her parents, but they were gone.


A/N: Sorry for the super-late update. Please comment. (: