Me and Him

A Love To Remember

Lee JiEun (IU) POV ~

"Jieun I...I..

"You don't need to answer that but just know that this is my confession and don't just ignore this fact like I'm some piece of trash I'm not and you should consider how the other party feels to when--"

He crushed his lips onto mine to shut me up. I was shocked with the sudden physical contact but later went along with it. I closed my eyes with enjoying this moment, it was like time stopped, it was just me and him. It was us. As we were enjoying while the moment last. We finally broke off from the kiss. I looked at him with confusion and shock. He looked at me and signaled me to listen. I nodded to this and let him continue.

"Who said I didn't like you? Who said I didn't care? I'm sorry for what I'm doing to you but I just thought it was the only way to protect you... You're not trash to me Jieun, you're special. I thought that since you might be hurt I ignored you but now I know that I'm selfish and stubborn and I was hurting you more. I'm sorry Jieun, i really am and to give you more evidence. Saranghae." 

He said those words. Saranghae. I continued to look at him with shock yet happiness was filling me up. I acknowledge this moment and we just stared at each other for a good few seconds. He likes me. He loves me. He feels the same way I feel. I started to get teary and I could tell a tear fell out of my eyes. Wooyoung say this is proceed to hug me. I let more tears flow out of my eyes. He hugged me like I was the one. I was cared for. I hugged him back and buried my face into his chest. I love this moment. This moment with us. 

"YOU BETRAYER!" 

I heard a yell and broke off the hug with Wooyoung, I look to my left and there was Jiyeon, looking at us and crying. I then finally came back to reality and found out what I just had done. Jiyeon looked at me with a glare and turn around to run away. I chased her with all my might. I caught up to her after a few sprits. I heard her wrist and told her to listen to what I have to say. She kept trying to throw me way with her trying to wriggle out of my grasp.

"Jiyeon, look, I'm sorry, I really am, it wasn't actually intention that I you encounter us hugging. Look, the relationship between me and Wooyoung is.... ahh.. I don't know how to explain this but..."

"You knew I liked him! You knew I like Wooyoung and just went and stole him from me?!" Jiyeon yelled.

"Okay, I didn't steal him, and Jiyeon I know you liked him, that's why I tried my best to move on and I thought confession to him would help me move on but... I didn't know he..."

"He likes you back?" Jiyeon continued.

I stayed silent as I was still holding her wrist. I got what I want but I also lost what I had. I didn't want to lose this friendship with me and her but this was too complicated.

"Tell me, when did you start liking him?"

"Few months ago..."

She chuckled in disbelief.

"And you didn't bother to tell me, your best friend, your best friend that liked him."

"Jiyeon, I was going to tell you but I thought if I did you'll probably leave me. I don't want to break our friendship." I stated

"Well now you have." She pushed my hands away from her wrist and walked off.

I stood there in the school halls like I've been abandoned. I feel guilty for what she saw, it was intentional. I collapse onto the ground and sat there with silence surrounding me. Wooyoung came up to me and picked me up. 

"I'm sorry" He said

I was being held within his arms as he was keeping me steady and not fall again. I sighed and looked at him.

"It's not your fault, it's mine"

"You shouldn't blame yourself." He said to me

"But Jiyeon and I aren't friends anymore." 

In these situation I would be mad at the boy which started it but Wooyoung wasn't the one who did this to her, it was me for being careless. I finally got Wooyoung by my side but lost Jiyeon in the process. I sighed once again. Wooyoung, who was still holding onto me, told me to go home and get some rest. I nodded to his response and I was sent home. Wooyoung was still at school while I got picked up by my dad. I went home and took a deep nap. I thought about this situation and was it a happy ending or a sad ending? 

Jang Wooyoung POV ~

​I felt a wash of relief as I found out Jieun liked me back and it confirmed that my feelings wasn't one sided. I was shocked when she said she wanted to talk to me. I didn't know it was her to begin with. As I confessed to Jieun, she was faced with another problem. I witness all this myself and when I sent Jieun home, i walked up to Jiyeon who was crying outside the school halls. I sat down besides Jiyeon who was crying with her knees up. She must have known I was there and looked up in shock.

"Annyeong" I greeted her

She stayed silent.

"Jiyeon, I know you've liked me for years now and I understand, I'm sorry but you have to understand it's not Jieun fault."

She continued to stay silent.

"If you should be mad at someone, be mad at me. I'm sorry to admit this but I really did have feelings for Jieun. I liked you Jiyeon as a friend. We can continue to be friends."

She laughed in disbelief "Friends..." 

"Yeah, I know Jiyeon you could always find another guy, another guy that is way better then me." 

She sat there once again in silence. I took the excuse that she needed time to think to herself. I got up from my seat and walked back into the school. I walked up to my friends with a smile on my faced and the looked at me with confused looks.

"Looks like someone is in a happy mood"

I nodded. The school bell rang to go to the next class. I went on with my normal school days thinking about Jieun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked up to Jieun's house after school hoping to see her. I knocked on the door and waited for a action to happen. I heard someone unlocking the door and it opened. It was Jieun mother.

"Hello, Mrs. Lee,  I came to see Jieun."

"Oh, Wooyoung, long time no see, yeah, she's upstairs." 

I walked into the house and smiled, it was just like old times when I lived here. I walked upstairs and knocked onto JiEun's room. Jieun opened the door and smiled when she saw me. She signaled for me to come in. I sat down onto her bed while she sat down on her desk. I could tell she was still upset.

"I talked to Jiyeon"

​Jieun stayed silent. Friends are alike I thought.

"She should be thinking about it now." 

And there was more silence. I decided that it was best if she was given this silent time to think, but I didn't leave her, I stayed at her house with silence in her room for a few hours. I decided to speak up after several hours. I walked up to her and placed my hand onto her shoulder. She looked up and I gave her a smile that showed that it was okay, she smiled back.

"How about a date this Saturday?" I asked out of the blue.

"I don't know..."

"Well, you don't have to think of this like a date, but going out to cheer you up?" 

She chuckled and finally answered. She nodded. I gave one more smile to her and hugged her once more before leaving. I said my farewells to her and her family and walked back to my apartment. I'm happy that this is how it's going to be. Me and Jieun together.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A Year Later ~

Me and Jieun were walking hand in hand as we were enjoying our date. After we graduated, Jieun went on to university while I took a job. We would often meet as I worked near her university. Today was our 1 year anniversary, we celebrated it with a lunch at the finest restaurant and I took her ice skating. It was 8PM now and I decided to make a stop at one more place. We arrived at a house. Jieun looked at me with confusion and I told her it's a friend I know. She walked out with her hands locked under my arms. I got to the front of the house and knocked on the door. I waited for a answer. The door opened and we were greeted with a female in an apron. She looked at me and Jieun in shock. Jieun who knew who she was, was also in shock.

"Jiyeon?" Jieun questioned.

"Annyeong, Jieun, long time no see, and Wooyoung too, come in" 

We stepped into her house and was greeted with another male. I bowed to the male standing in front of me along with Jieun following. 

"This is my boyfriend, Jinwoon, Jiwoon this is Wooyoung and Jieun"

Jieun stared as she was introducing her boyfriend but we still greeted each other. We proceeded to the kitchen to eat our dinner together and after a while, Jiyeon called out to me that she wanted to speak to Jieun alone. I nodded and they went off. 

Lee JiEun POV ~

I walked with Jiyeon to the living room and sat down on the couch. I knew where this was going.

"Jieun, it's been a long time really, and I know this maybe late but I'm sorry for what ever I did to you, I was selfish and stubborn, I should have known that friendship was important. I was too worked up about Wooyoung that I just thought of you as a betrayer. I'm truly sorry. I know I'm 1 year late and I will understand if you can't forgive me" 

I stared at her for a while. it's been a year. A year and she apologized. I felt like this was a turn in events. I gave a smile to rest assure that I forgive her.

"I forgive you, but it wasn't your fault. I should have told you earlier.."

We stayed in silence for a few minutes to take a moment recap what had happened a year ago. We looked at each other after having deep thoughts and hugged each other. I smiled in the embrace. We are friends, we back to friends..

After our talks about our boyfriends and dates, we went back to the dining table. I settled next to Wooyoung and gave him a smile, saying we are friends again. He gave me a smile back and gave me a side hug. We continued to sit down on the dining table for a few hours talking about our life and what we had miss. There were giggles and laughter filling the room. It was a bright atmosphere and I was happy with what I ended up with. I'm with Wooyoung and Jiyeon and I are friends. This was a happy ending worth waiting. With a few up and downs in my life, this life now was worth waiting for. My life, his life, were different. We were different people. I met him and he met me. We helped each other and this is where we are. Never give up and never say you can't. Life is full of things that are waiting for you to achieve. This is me Jieun. This was my story.... 


HEELLO HELLO, yes it's sad that this is the end. I know it isn't a good ending... I feel like this wasn't a good ending and WOW I just realized this was the first time they kissed, man I'm slow.. *hides* I'm sorry. I tried to write a long chapter and I think I achieved it. Even though I left this story for like almost a year, i wouldn't have came back if I didn't get help from you subscribers. I thank you for subscribing and commenting on my story. I started as not a good writer but now I ended this. I wouldn't say this is the best ending but I'm the type likes to write sad endings to be honest but I'm also the type of girl that LIKES happy ending and I thought well, might as well get a happy ending. Later I'm going to try another WooU fanfic with a sad ending. So look for it in the coming months... probably years. BUT like I said no promises. kekeke. I'm going to miss reading comments. I love the support you guys gave me and I thank you once again for continue to support this story. MWAH~ Annyeong.