Crushed

A Love To Remember

Lee JiEun (IU) POV ~

The day is dark, the weather is gloomy and the world is busy. This is life right? I'm laying on my bed with my face looking at nothing but a white ceiling. Everything was going great, I visited Wooyoung most days by bringing him food, walking with him to school and sometimes clean his apartment but that one sentence made my world tumble. It was simple yet it killed me. What I don't know is what did I do wrong? Was it something I said? Was it something I did? These questions filled my head and I could tell it was going to explode any minute. I got home immediately and locked myself in my room and locked myself out of the world. Why am I taking it too serious? WHY does it hurt me?

*Flashback*

"Annyeong!" I greeted Wooyoung with my normal mood.

"Oh, Annyeong" He smiled slightly.

"What's wrong?" I asked him

"Nothing, kaja"

I shrugged my shoulders and followed him out the door. This was like a normal routine, I'll walk to his house and we'll walk to school together. It was like a habit. I liked doing this every morning, it gives me the excuse to see him. For the past few days I've been trying to figure out my own feelings, I like him. I really like him. That was my conclusion, I admitted it and I'm proud. 

We arrived minutes later at school and Wooyoung just walked to his friends. I looked at him for a while, as he was still walking to his friends, why is is so quiet? I ignored the fact and went to Jiyeon.

"JIEUNN!" Jiyeon greeted me with a huge hug.

"Annyeong, Jiyeon, you're quite happy today." I said with a chuckle.

"I know right? I've been quite happy lately and I don't really know why" She cheered.

I chuckled once again at the sight and walked with her to our lockers. We were walking arm in arm and skipping like 5 year old girls to the main hall. I walked through the doors and as usual everyone was busily walking around and trying to get to their assigned classes. I continued to walk to my locker while Jiyeon followed. I punched in my combination and placed my books into my locker. I closed it after a matter of minutes but Jiyeon was still doing something in her locker. I walked over to her side and saw what she was busy doing, staring at another picture of Wooyoung. I got to admit, that picture did look cute. I tapped Jiyeon on the shoulder and she snapped back to her senses. 

"Yah, still mesmerized by Wooyoung?" I said as a joke.

"He's so cute and handsome and his just so perfect." She bragged on.

"Uhh.. yeaah." I replied awkwardly. 

Of course Wooyoung's perfect but she is my best friend, I want to tell her I like Wooyoung too (since we don't keep secrets) but all these negative thoughts came into my mind. What if we become enemies after this? What if she starts hating me? I sighed to myself mentally but continued to look at Jiyeon blabbing on about Wooyoung. I'll tell when it's the right time.

".....Like when he plays basketball and his body..!" 

"Arasso, arasso, i know, can we go now?" I asked.

"I'll meet you at lunch" I added.

We went our separate ways, since we didn't really have morning classes together but it was a normal day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school ended, I waited for Wooyoung at the front gate. I was holding my books and folders on my arms and waited patiently. I saw Wooyoung walk out of the school doors with his friends, his eyes met mine and I waved to him to signal him that I was here but he just turned his head and went on to walk with his friends. I was confused and shocked. What is happening? his ignoring me. That when I went home on my own thinking about Wooyoung and what has gotten into him. My head was low and my feet was kicking imaginary rocks.

I arrived home much later then I should be but my parents didn't mind. I walked up to my room and chucked my bag onto the floor. I walked to my desk and placed my books and folders on it, I sat down on my chair and opened some of the books, I need to study anyway for a test so this might keep me busy I thought but no, my thoughts keep wondering to Wooyoung.This got me so frustrated that I gave up on studying and called Wooyoung. I dailed his number and waited for the ring, and of course there was. He picked up after 4 rings but with a low voice.

"Wooyoung, I waved to you at school but you didn't see me?"

"I saw you, but I just wanted to walk with my friends I'm sorry" He said.

"What's wrong, you've been kind of moody these past few days" I asked concerned.

"Nothing."

"Ani, it's something, why can't you tell me?" I sound desperate.

"It's nothing that concerns you don't worry."

"How can I not worry when your ignoring me"

He sighed "Look JiEun, I'm sorry but I think we should stop seeing each other for a while"

"What do you mean, we're not dating" I added an awkward laugh

"What I mean is, we shouldn't hang out anymore."

"B-Bu--Are you embarrassed of me?" I asked trying to hold in my tears.

"I'm sorry" and he hanged up

I dropped my phone on my desk and placed my hands on my face. He hates me, he hates me for sure.

*Flashback ended*

I cried for hours and hours, I didn't eat, I didn't get out of my room. I felt rejected, abandoned. I like him I really do but apparently he doesn't feel the same way. I knew it was impossible but I got the slightest hope that he might. I was wrong. I shouldn't be crying over something this little, I shouldn't care if he doesn't like me right?


*Awkward wave* Annyeeonng... Yeah I'm sorry REALLY REALLY sorry that I didn't update it for AGES and I bet some of you guys are like unsubscribing and saying "SHE TAKES AGES TO UPDATE" I'm sorry, really. I'm not going to give you my reason to my absence, since I know it's useless, and to top things off this chapter was short. I'm really sorry for my long absence and to make this better I'm going to update another chapter after this but Wooyoung's POV. I hope that will fix things, if it doesn't then I understand. Also, I do feel like this story is getting rushed and I apologize and if some of you forgot the plot then I'm also sorry :( I'm trying my best not to rushed things but I also want to finish this story because I'm in the EXAM zone and I'm really stressed but I'll update when I can.  

Thanks to the subscribers who are still subscribed! KASAMIDA~!