I'd Do Anything

Sapphire Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I'd do anything just to hold you in my arms...

Try to make you laugh but somehow I can't put you in the past...

I'd do anything just to fall asleep with you...

And you'll remember me cause I know I can't forget you...

 

KEVIN CHANG

 

I opened my eyes when I felt the heat of the sun on my face. It was already one in the afternoon. I guess I overslept after having four bottles of liquor - alone. 

 

I was too bored last night especially when Althea just left me and I haven't seen her then. I've met few girls at the bar but I wonder why I only wanted to see her. I think I was too bothered by the reason why she asked for my whereabouts the other night. Was she looking for a guy and thought it could be me? Did something happen to her? These thoughts kept racing my mind that my head started to hurt.

 

I shifted my thoughts on what to do today. I wondered what excursion I should be having but then I realized that the ship won't dock this day.

 

I sighed. "Another boring day ahead," I told myself. Being stuck at this ship is worse than being imprisoned at my own office doing paperstuff. "If I see her today then it won't be boring anymore!" I exclaimed. 

 

I rushed to the bathroom and took a bath and got ready for my not-so-boring stay on this ship. After everything has been done, I locked my cabin and hurried outside. As I reached deck five, I saw many people gathering at the observation deck. I became curious so I joined the crowd. 

 

"Hello," I greeted an American man who is around 40's. "What's happening?"

 

He looked at me and smile. "Whale watching. The weather is fine today so it's good to look for them."

 

He let me borrow his binoculars and looked at the ocean. I saw whale shark fins above the water. There were plenty of them. After having a good look, I returned the binoculars. 

 

As I turned to leave, a familiar face caught my eye. It was Althea. Actually, it was her smile that got me. I was so happy to see her but then I realized she was with a guy who is about the same age as me. She looked like having fun watching those whales with him. They were both laughing and seemed teasing each other. They were taking turns in using their binoculars. They were like a couple.

 

My heart ached at the sight. I thought she was traveling alone but who is that guy? Did she meet him here too? How come they are too close already? Am I jealous? Do I like her? But I just met her.

 

I left hurriedly to avoid her seeing me. I was too confused with my feelings for her. I rushed to the Strauss dining room at deck four. I believed I was just hungry that's why I had those thoughts of her. 

 

After having lunch, I went to the Day Spa and Fitness Center at deck 12. I knew this crazy thoughts would be gone after having a good workout. 

 

While on the treadmill, I tried to focus my thoughts. I only met Althea about three days ago. She's a simple girl, smart and bubbly. I knew she had problems on her own even though she wouldn't tell me. But despite those things that bothered her, she tried to smile and enjoy this trip. I feel comfortable being with her. I like her 'confused' look. I like the way she looks at me. I like her smile. Then it dawned on me. I like her. I want her. This is the first time I ever wanted someone. In the past, it has been too easy for me to let anyone go. But not this one, I want her and I will have her.

 

It was already seven in the evening when I finished the workout. I went back to my cabin to have a warm shower. I decided to go to Althea and tell her about my feelings before someone else take her. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter