Distance

Sapphire Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I give you everything I am

All my broken heartbeats

Until I know you'll understand

And I will make sure to keep my distance

Say I love you when you're not listening

How long can we keep this up?

 

LEE DONGHAE

 

Knock! Knock!

 

"Wait a minute!" I heard Althea's voice behind the door. A few minutes later, the door swung open and Althea came out.

 

I was shocked to see her. She was wearing a floral dress and sandals. She was wearing the necklace that I gave her and it was perfect for her look. I couldn't stop looking at her. I was STARING at her.

 

"What?" she asked when she realized I was frozen in front of her. "I've already planned this from the start of the trip. I should wear a dress on the last day at the ship."

 

"You're beautiful," I told her. She smiled and locked her cabin. 

 

"Shall we?" I said and offered my arm for her to hold on to. She smiled and held my arm. We headed to deck 11 to have breakfast at the Portofino. It's an intimate Italian specialty restaurant on board.

 

This was our first date so I tried so hard to be a gentleman to her. I pulled the chair for her and made sure she was comfortable. She kept giggling at my actions. The waiter got our orders and left.

 

"Lee Donghae, seriously?" she said once the waiter was gone.

 

"Huh?"

 

"What's with all these gestures and being so gentlemanly?" she chuckled.

 

"Well, I'm with the most beautiful girl in the ship. It feels like I'm Jack in Titanic."

 

She laughed at my statement. "Oh, your favorite movie. So we will sink later?"

 

"No... no! Hey, don't joke like that! I still want to live a life with you!"

 

She stopped laughing. She looked at me in the eyes as if she wanted to say something. However, she kept silent.

 

"What is it?" I asked her. I caressed her hand.

 

"Nothing," she said and held my hand. 

 

Our food was served and we started eating. It was a sumptuous breakfast. I felt glad to share this with her. 

 

After our meal, we went to the outer deck and had a great view at the ocean. The sky was so clear and the ocean looked beautiful. Althea was enjoying the view. I took some pictures of her and we also took pictures of us together. 

 

Althea took out her digital camera and started taking a video of me.

 

"Lee Donghae, please tell me something about yourself," she said, focusing her camera on me. At first, it was embarrassing but then I looked straight into the lens.

 

"Annyeong haseyo! Super Junior Donghae-imnida," I started talking. She kept on giving me the signal to continue talking. "What should I say? Hmm... I'm here taking a break from work and I've met the most wonderful person. I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

 

I saw Althea blushed. I took the camera and focused it on her. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter