My Everything

Sapphire Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You are my everything

Nothing your love won't bring

My life is yours alone

The only love I've ever known 

Your spirit pulls me through

When nothing else will do

Every night I pray, on bended knee

That you will always be my everything

 

 

ALTHEA RYZ FAJARDO

 

"Congratulations Dr. Fajardo. You're seven weeks pregnant!" Dr. Wu, my colleague who is an OB-Gyn resident told me after showing me my ultrasound results. I delayed my sonography for a week as I originally planned since I was not ready yet.

 

I just smiled at her. "Thanks."

 

"So who's the lucky dad?" she asked.

 

"Uhm, let's just keep it as a secret."

 

She gave me the I'm-so-curious look but just let it go. She handed me my results and I left her office. I filed a leave this day because my mom would arrive today. I went directly to the airport to fetch my mom. It would be her first time in this country and for sure she would get lost if I didn't get her.

 

I hopped on the train and sat beside three teenage girls. They were watching pictures on their iPad and were giggling - spazzing would be the right term to use. They were looking at the teaser pictures of Super Junior. I saw Donghae's teaser last night when it was released and seeing it made my heart ache instead of the usual euphoria. 

 

"Kyuhyun-oppa is so hot!" the girl beside me said, trying to contain her shout.

 

Kyu biased... Yeah, Kyuhyun is too hot in this comeback. He's showing his toned abs already despite the scars from the accident. I felt happy actually to see him confident to show his body unlike before.

 

"Heenim is freakin' cute! His comeback would really be daebak!" the other girl exclaimed.

 

Yeah... Since he came back from military service, he's been working hard for this comeback so Petals are really excited to see him perform again.

 

"Donghae-oppa is damn amazing! I was like crying last night when his teaser photo was revealed! Oppa! Marry me!" the last girl was like expressing all of her emotions and was about to cry already.

 

I bit my lip to stop myself from crying with her. I knew I would look crazy if I suddenly cry with no apparent reason. A few seconds later, I finally arrived at the airport. I headed to terminal two and waited at the arrival area for my mom. Few minutes later, I finally saw her. She walked towards me and hugged me tight. 

 

"Welcome to Singapore mom," I told her.

 

She broke the hug and cupped my face. "How are you? Did you sleep well?"

 

"I'm fine mom. Just got my ultrasound result." I handed her the papers and she looked at it.

 

"Seven weeks. What are your plans now?"

 

"I'm keeping this child."

 

"Won't you tell me who the father is? You should tell me."

 

"Let's have lunch first."

 

I got her luggage and we headed to The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands. We went to Todai restaurant and ordered some Filipino dishes which my mom would surely love to eat.

 

"So," my mom started the conversation after getting our orders. "Who's the father of your child and where is he now?"

 

"Mom, let's eat first."

 

"No, tell me who's this guy?"

 

I sighed. "I met him at the cruise."

 

"What?! You had with someone you just met?!"

 

"Mom, your voice!"

 

She lowered her voice. "Are you insane, Althea?!"

 

"Mom, I just met him but I know him," I explained calmly.

 

"Fine. So who is he?"

 

"Donghae."

 

"I'm talking about serious matters here. Stop kidding me."

 

"I'm telling you the truth, mom."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter