On Board

Sapphire Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Thought couldn't live without you, it's gonna hurt when it heals too...

It'll all get better in time...

Even though I really love you...

I'm gonna smile cause I deserve to...

It'll all get better in time..."

 

 

ALTHEA RYZ FAJARDO

 

I needed a break. Being a doctor in a foreign land is too stressful for me. Singapore is a very nice country and very organized but I have to admit, their standards make me feel pressured. I miss my fangirl life especially being an Everlasting Friend (ELF).  I miss my friends, Super Junior and Lee Donghae. It's too ironic that I miss them more than my family. It's just that my family adds more stress to my life so I don't really miss them that much.

 

I decided to work here and leave my fangirl life to move on. Accepting the truth was difficult for me. People say I'm crazy for thinking and feeling this way, but I just couldn't stop myself. Seeing Donghae happy with his girlfriend and even having thoughts on marriage is too cruel for me. It has been a year since he announced in public his relationship with an actress and I don't really know if he's already married now.

 

To forget all these mental stressors, I decided to go on a cruise. I really wanted to try this since I was young and now, with the money I personally earn, I could finally achieve this dream. I chose to try the 13-Night Transatlantic Cruise of the Adventure of the Seas. The departure port is in San Juan, Puerto Rico so I left for Puerto Rico 2 days ahead of the departure schedule. After a 20-hour flight from Singapore to Puerto Rico, I stayed in a hostel to rest before heading towards the port.

 

I arrived at the port at night time the next day and got onboard right away. I am alone in this trip and if I get lost then, I don't know what would happen to me. The itinerary includes departure from San Juan, Puerto Rico port; then to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas port; Philipsburg, St. Maarten port; Tenerife, Canary Islands port; Lanzarote, Canary Islands port; Funchal, Portugal port and finally to Malaga, Spain port. I feel so excited for this cruise since there are so many activities to choose from. I saw many people on the ship and most of them are Caucasians. While I am alone in this trip, the rest are together with their partners and their families. I also saw Asians on the ship, including Chinese, Japanese and even Koreans. I also saw elderlies on the ship and I believe they are spending their retirement years traveling around the world.

 

I headed towards my stateroom and was surprised to see that my place is really nice eventhough it was the cheapest cabin on board. It has a queen-sized bed with a curtain cover, sofa, vanity area and a private bathroom. It was like being in a hotel above the water. I placed my things and went out to tour the ship.

 

I marveled at the enormous size of the ship. I toured the ship and was amazed by its grandeur. There is a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter