Operation In Play (Part 1)

Wishing on not one, but two stars.

 

“Yah! Get back here!” Jaejoong was chasing Minhyo through the beach. The weather was warm, but not too hot and there was a slight breeze in the air. No one was around so they were able to run and play in freedom. The only sounds that were heard were the movement of the waves and the yells of the seagulls that flew above their heads.

“You’ll have to catch me you pabo!” Jaejoong was taken aback by the name that he was just called, though it fueled him to run faster and finally catching up with Minhyo, tackling her to the ground.

Now they were laying on the soft warm sand, Jaejoong on top of Minhyo while both stared into each other’s eyes.

“Minhyo…” he mumbled as he started to lean in, giving into the temptation of her lips. She placed a gentle hand on his cheek and started to lightly.

“Jaejoong… you have to wake up” Jaejoong stared at her confused,

“Huh?”

“Wake up Jaejoong…”

“JAEJOONG HYUNG, WAKE UP!”

“What!-” Jaejoong was startled awake by the loud manly voice, getting up to fast, he hadn’t noticed Yoochun’s face right above his, causing them to knock foreheads.

“OW!” They both yelled, gripping onto their foreheads.

“What the hell Yoochun!” Jaejoong viciously rubbed at his forehead, not that it would help.

“I was just trying to wake you up to tell you that the girls went out and that we have a schedule.”

“You yelled at me for that?!”

“Yah! Don’t yell! If you weren’t busy dreaming about my little sister, I wouldn’t have had to yell!”

“Who said I was dreaming about her?”

“Minho… oh, Minhyo!” Yoochun mimicked what he had heard while he tried to wake up his hyung, over exaggerating just a bit.

“Just shut up and let’s go” Jaejoong threw the blankets off of himself and stomped towards the bathroom to freshen up while Yoochun watched his hyung, shaking his head and laughing

“Let’s get you and Minhyo back together”

 

“So where is the next schedule?” Jaejoong asked. He was now riding in Yoochun’s sleek black car.

“I lied, there is no schedule”  Jaejoong gave him his ‘what the hell?’ look.

“Then where the hell are you taking me?”

“We need help setting up Junsu’s apology party for Jem”  Jaejoog continued to stare at him.

“Why didn’t you tell me that in the first place?”

“You wouldn’t have gotten up if I did” Jaejoong couldn’t help but agree with that statement and just decided to keep quiet as Yoochun continued to drive.

 

Yoochun had been driving for about 15 minutes and they arrived at their destination, Han River. Instantly the memories of his and Minhyo’s date at the river flooded his mind. It was amazing how one night, the most amazing night of his life, was ruined just that next morning by a reporter, making him lose the one that he loved.

“Yah, if you’re thinking about my sister again, cut it out” Yoochun snapped him out of his train of thought and got out of the car wordlessly.

“Follow me” Yoochun said as he started to walked on the dirt and through some trees, a path that Jaejoong was very familiar with.  

And he was right, the first thing he saw once they got through the trees was another tree. This tree was much larger than the others, this tree was the same tree that that Jaejoong and Minhyo had their date under. The feeling of nostalgia coursed through him.

He saw the other three DBSK members wrapping what seemed like a ribbon around the trunk of the tree, except Junsu he stayed sulking under the tree.

“Hyung! Come help us out!” Changmin shouted once he spotted Jaejoong.

It took them a while to finish, Junsu had finally got off of his and finished tying the ribbon to the tree. There was also setting up the table with various food that Changmin picked out(he had to resist the urge to eat anything besides a few grapes), and the last thing was hanging up the various lights in the trees.

It kind of hurt Jaejoong that he was setting all of this up for someone that wasn’t Minhyo. And to be honest, he was a bit annoyed that Junsu had taken his idea of an apology and used it as his own. But, whatever it takes to make their Duck- happy, but in reality, the other members were doing this for their hyung.

“Jae, do us a favor and stay here while we get more snacks. The girls should be coming soon.” Yoochun asked while he, Yunho, Changmin, and Junsu started to walk towards his car.

“Wait! Why me?” Jaejoong asked before they could make their quick escape.

“You’re the only one that knows this place well” Yunho stated before they quickly made a run for it before Jaejoong could object again.

“Aish…” Jaejoong kicked the dirt under his feet and wasn’t sure of what he would do now. He decided to just walk over to the table with the food and steal a few quick bites when he heard his stomach growl.

In the midst of his eating, Jaejoong heard a rustle in the trees. Someone was coming.

“Ow… stupid branch” Minhyo whined, happy that she was finally out of the forest but then shocked again when she met eyes with Jaejoong, who was alone.

“Jaejoong, what are you doing here?”

“Uhh…” Was he supposed to tell her? “This is Junsu’s apology for Jem” He did it anyway.

“Oh, so that’s why oppa texted me and asked me to bring Jem here. Where is oppa and the others anyway?”

“They’re out buying more food. What about Jem?”

“She said she wasn’t feeling well and is in the restroom right now”

“Oh…” it was silent for a while.

“So uh… this is really familiar, huh?” Minhyo asked as she rocked on her heels.

Jaejoong nodded in agreement, “Yup, nostalgic”

“You know, that was the best night of my life” Minhyo confessed, avoiding Jaejoong’s eyes.

“Yeah? I worked really hard that night”

“It’s just too bad…” she trailed off, not sure if she should’ve have brought this up in the first place.

“That I broke it off the next day?” Minhyo didn’t wasn’t to respond to that question.

“Why does that keep happening to us Jaejoong? Not even able to be together for a week, already broken up twice.” Minhyo didn’t know what it was, maybe it was the familiarity of their surroundings that made he want to confess all of this and let out all of the things in her head. But all of the questions had stumped him, why was she suddenly asking all of these questions? But he couldn’t deny that he had the same thoughts. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was too long so I decided to split it. 

The moment we've all been waiting for will be in the next chapter~