Opening up

Wishing on not one, but two stars.

 

DBSK had arrived home before the girls did, stopping to grab some lunch for everyone first because Junsu was craving fried chicken.

Jaejoong held a bouquet of red carnations, Minhyo’s favorite. While Changmin, Yunho and Yoochun bought the chicken, he and Junsu went to pick out flowers for Minhyo and Jem. Junsu had bought Jem a single wrapped rose.

Now the members were watching as Junsu and Changmin played video games,

“Yes!! In your face maknae!” Junsu yelled as he managed to knock out Changmin’s character

“Hyung, you cheated! You were just smashing random buttons!” Junsu stuck his tongue out at the maknae,

“You’re just jealous cause I wo-” Junsu stopped mid-way as they heard the front door open and an angry Jem stomped into the house, heading towards the bathroom to splash cold water into her face.

Junsu forgot about the video game and picked up the rose while he ran after his girlfriend. The boys stared after the couple until they noticed Minhyo walk in.

“Dongsaeng, what happened to Jem-ah?” Yoochun asked his little sister. Minhyo groaned and ran a hand through her hair.

“We saw Rin today” The room went silent, Jaejoong had dropped the bouquet of flowers on the floor and all that was heard was Junsu’s banging on the bathroom door.

“S-she’s back?” Yunho finally spoke up, breaking the silence. Minhyo just nodded and took a seat on the couch.

“Apparently she is dating Kikwang now” The boys all looked at each other, even the confused Changmin.

“Let’s talk about this over dinner? I have no idea what is going on” Changmin said, getting up to set the table. Yunho and Yoochun followed, so they could help the maknae out, leaving Minhyo and Jaejoong.

Minhyo looked at the bouquet of flowers,

“What’s that?” Jaejoong saw her looking down at the flowers and cleared his throat, picking up the flowers from the ground and shyly handing it to Minhyo.

“C-carnations, for you” Minhyo raised an eyebrow at him.

“Why?” She set the flowers on the coffee table.

“Well- you know, they’re you’re favorite, and-”

“Dinner’s ready!” Changmin called from the dining room. Jaejoong sighed in relief, happy to avoid the topic and pulled Minhyo up,

“Let’s eat”

 

“Look who’s here~” Junsu sing-songed as he pulled a pouting Jem to the dining table. Everyone was already seated, waiting for the couple to come and join them. Of course Changmin complained about how hungry he was and why everyone was acting weird at the mention of Rin, but somehow he had endured it.

Jem sat beside Minhyo, still pouting and crossed her arms over her chest. The table was again, full of silence. Frustrated, Changmin slammed the fork he had been twirling on his finger on the table.

“I’m hungry and confused, please, someone tell me what happened involving Rin!” The maknae practically shouted. Junsu was also curious about this and looked at everyone else.  Jaejoong sighed and looked at Minhyo who just nodded and began to tell the same story Minhyo had told Jem.

“And that’s why I hate that chick!” Jem exclaimed once Jaejoong had finished the story.

“You’ve hated her since high school” Yunho pointed out but immediately shut up when Jem shot him a glare. They all knew that Jem was a nice girl, but a bit scary when she was mad. The two maknaes just sat there, staring at Jaejoong with their jaws dropped.

“Hyung!” Changmin looked at him in disbelief.

“How could you do that to Minhyo?” Junsu frowned at their oldest member.

“Yah! Were you two not listening to the story just now? I said Rin was the one that kissed me”

“Once a player,” Changmin started.

“Always a player” Junsu finished. Jaejoong flicked them both on the forehead,

“Clean your ears!”

The continuous conversation about this was making Minhyo feel uncomfortable, so while all eyes were on Jaejoong she silently slipped away.

“Yah! Where’d Minhyo go?” Yunho could have sworn she was right next to him a second ago.

“Aish, that girl” Yoochun muttered, getting up from the table.

“I think I know where she is” Jaejoong said, stopping Yoochun from leaving the table and heading upstairs to the balcony.

 

“I thought I’d find you here” Jaejoong was right, there Minhyo was, on the balcony with her head rested on her hand. She didn’t turn around or speak, just continued to look at the two brightest stars in the sky. Jaejoong walked over to stand next to her and folded his arms above the railing.

“You come here a lot to clear your thoughts, huh?” Jaejoong didn’t face her as he spoke, just stared in the same direction Minhyo was looking off to.

“You see those two stars” Minhyo said, not even answering his question.

“Yeah, they’re kind of hard to miss”

“I have a strange feeling those are my parents watching my from above” Jaejoong turned to look at her. She stared up at the sky with soft, longing eyes. He could see a hint of sadness in her big brown eyes.

Jaejoong going out on a limb, tilted Minhyo’s chin so that she would face him. They looked at each other for a while until Jaejoong found himself leaning and Minhyo’s eyes started to close, waiting for her lips to come in contact with Jae’s.

‘Give her some time’ his conscious told him.

“Thank you for opening up to me” Minhyo could feel his lips lightly brushing hers as he talked. Then she felt him plant a soft kiss on her forehead with those oh-so-soft lips of his that she missed.

Opening her eyes, she was met with Jaejoong’s smiling face,

“Come on, the chicken is getting cold.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No kiss quite just yet ^^