Jongmal Mianhae

Wishing on not one, but two stars.

It’s been a month since the Jaejoong and Rin incident. DBSK was still on break and Minhyo hasn’t seen Jaejoong since. He locked himself in his room and watched Minhyo and Yunho’s relationship flourish, but he still couldn’t get over Minhyo. He watched how she smiled and hugged Yunho once he showed up at her doorstep and wished that he could be Yunho.

 

          It’s raining now, a dark day in Seoul. Jaejoong decided to take a walk in just a shirt, hoodie, and jeans, nothing more. He didn’t care if he got sick; nothing could feel worse then the pain in his heart. He was about to cross the street, but didn’t notice a car speeding his way.

          Minhyo was bundled up in warm clothing topped up with a black umbrella, heading to the supermarket. She saw a familiar figure a few feet in front of her, Jaejoong. Should she talk to him? She has missed him she had to admit, after all, they are best friends. She slowly approached him, but then noticed a speeding car about to hit him.

          “Jaejoong!” she yelled and ran to him. She made it just in time to pull him back before he got hit. He stumbled backwards and saw that a girl had just pulled him back. He looked to see her face; his eyes went wide to see an out of breath Minhyo.

          “Minhyo ah” he said softly. Minhyo was eye level to Jaejoong’s lips and her heart started to ache. She didn’t speak even when Jaejoong caressed her small cheek with his large hand.

          “Jongmal mianhae, please believe me, Rin kissed me” Jaejoong was desperate to make her believe him, though she didn’t want to. She felt something wet fall on her face but she knew it wasn’t the rain because they were both shielded by her umbrella. She looked at Jaejoong’s face and saw that he was crying. She stared and realized she was the one who was making him cry. She felt like an idiot for not believing him. She surprised him by hugging him tightly, letting the umbrella fall from her hands, now the rain poured on the both of them. She hoped that he understood that she had forgiven him through that hug, because she couldn’t find her voice to speak. He smiled and hugged her back.

“Minhyo, I -” was it the right time to tell her that he loved her? But he didn’t want her to think that he was taking advantage of her.

“Where were you headed to?” he changed the subject.

“Oh! The supermarket!” she said picking up her umbrella and tried to make her way around Jaejoong. He took her wrist before she could go any further.

“I’ll go with you”