Success runs in the family

Wishing on not one, but two stars.

The funeral service had started and Jaejoong had managed to escape from Rin and sat next to MinHyo. She smiled at him as he took his seat. Rin’s mother stepped to the podium wiping her tears. She said many words about her sister and brother-in-law’s death that made MinHyo ball into tears. Jaejoong put a reassuring arm over her shoulders while Yoochun held her right hand. After Rin’s mother, Yoochun stepped up.

“My parents were such great people, they ran a successful business and had a beautiful daughter” he gestured to MinHyo who smiled weakly.

“And a VERY handsome son” this lightened the mood of the room when everyone chuckled.

“Both children were very successful in the entertainment business. I guess success runs in the family. Don’t worry Umma and Appa, I’m going to take care of my precious sister and will do my best to run the company, Saranghae” Yoochun took his seat again and smiled at MinHyo.

He motioned to the podium and MinHyo hesitated at first, then nodded and stood behind the podium. She let out a long sigh and spook into the microphone.

“My oppa is right, our parents were amazing and they had passed that on to us. I believe that Yoochun will be able to take care of me even if I’m 18 already. Don’t worry too much about me Umma and Appa. I’m glad you were here to see your children graduate and make it into the entertainment business. Take care of yourselves Umma and Appa, Saranghae” she managed to say everything without choking.

Her brother hugged her as she sat back down. Yoochun got MinHyo’s attention and pointed his head towards the open coffins. Her lip quivered as she nodded. He took her hand as they stood up, the rest of DBSK followed.

They stood between the two coffins. MinHyo squeezed her brother’s hand and looked into the coffin of her mother. Her mother was wearing the dress MinHyo had bought her for her last birthday. Her wavy hair was gathered on her left shoulder. On her left hand, she was wearing her wedding ring, and on her wrist, she was wearing the mother/daughter bracelet MinHyo had given her when she was seven years old. 

Her mother was so beautiful; people mistaken MinHyo and her mother as sisters because she looks so young. She was an exact replica of her mother and had traits of her father. Her father had given his handsome looks to Yoochun.

Thinking of her father, she turned to her father’s coffin. She could see that he had gotten a haircut during the trip. His usual serious face was more relaxed. He too, had his wedding ring on. He was wearing the business suit he wore for important meetings. Yoochun was definitely a replica of their father. No wounds were visible. They looked so peaceful, like they were sleeping.  MinHyo tried to hold back her tears but failed. She saw a hand in front of her, and saw it was Jaejoong, dangling a Kleenex below her nose. She dabbed her cheeks and eyes trying not to mess up her make up. Yoochun guided her to the exit, but before they went outside, four men were closing the coffins.