Prove yourself

Wishing on not one, but two stars.

 

          Minhyo looked at Jaejoong and raised an eyebrow at him.

          “Jaejoong, who do you think I am? Do you believe you can do anything you want and I’ll forgive you every single damn time in the end?”

          Jaejoong looked at Minhyo shocked. He could tell that what he had did to her had really hurt her, and now it started to hurt him when he felt the tears start in the corner of his eyes.

          Minhyo looked at the man she loved in front of her, she was bringing him to the verge of tears and she didn’t know what to say next. She felt guilt and pity towards Jaejoong and sighed.

          “No Jaejoong, I’m not that kind of person.” She began in a less harsh tone. “If you really want to apologize to me, you’re really going to have to prove it”.

Jaejoong looked at her softly and placed both his hands on her shoulders.

          “And that’s what I’m willing to do for you Minhyo” He brought her into a hug that he just couldn’t hold in anymore.

This hug. This warm, caring hug that they both yearned for who knows how long? It was finally here, in Minhyo’s room. A hug, just like the old times.

          Minhyo felt so secure in Jaejoong’s strong arms again, that she didn’t realize her arms wrapping around his waist. But before her arms touched, she came to her senses.

          “Y-yah, I said you have to prove that you’re sorry! I didn’t actually forgive you yet.” Minhyo became embarrassed with her reaction and started to turn pink on the apples of her cheeks.

Jaejoong smiled at the flustered Minhyo while she looked down at her feet. Patting her head he said,

          “I told you I will prove myself to you, but for now I’m totally content with being friends”

          Minhyo pouted and swatted Jaejoong’s hands away before stomping back downstairs. Jaejoong just laughed as he watched Minhyo angrily walked down the steps.

 

          The next few hours were spent watching movies that Jem had brought from America. The seating arrangements were the same but the awkward atmosphere was long gone. It was around 2:37 in the morning when a loud yawn was heard coming out of the dolphin’s mouth.

         “Hyung, can we sleep over?” Junsu turned to Yoochun as he got up to turn off the DVD player.

         “Lazy . I guess so, as long as Minhyo is okay with it” Everyone turned to look at Minhyo.

         “I don’t mind, it’ll be like high school again.”

         “Yay! Come on Jem, we can use the guest room and I can finally get my birthday present” Junsu winked at his girlfriend.

         “YAH! Not in my house!” Yoochun threw one of the pillows from the couch at Junsu’s head.

         “Ow! Hyung! Why are you hurting the birthday boy?” Junsu pouted.

         “Tsk, the erted birthday boy” Yoochun rolled his eyes at his dongsaeng.

Jem took Minhyo’s arm in the middle of her boyfriend and his hyung fighting.

          “I’ll sleep in your room tonight” Jem told her as they ascended the steps to Minhyo’s room.

          “Come on Junsu! You can sleep with me in my room” The two heard Yoochun say with his sleaziest voice downstairs, making the two girls giggle.

          “Noooooo! Je~” Jem slammed the door of Minhyo’s room before Junsu could finish his whining. She turned to look at Minhyo who was still giggling.

         “Lend me a pair of clothes?” Minhyo tossed Jem black fuzzy shorts and a black tank top and also pulled out her own pajamas. They turned their backs to each other so they could both change.

          Once done, they both climbed into Minhyo’s bed, covering themselves with her soft blankets.

         “So Minhyo, what did you and Jaejoong talk about?”

          “Huh? Oh, well he apologized to me…” Minhyo told Jem everything that had happened a few hours ago in her bedroom.

          “Wow, Minhyo, you are a tough cookie”

          “Well, I just don’t want my feelings being toyed with, you know?”

          “Yeah, I get you”

A long moment of silence was shared between the two girls until Minhyo decided to break it.

          “Hey Jem?”

          “Yeah?”

          “Have you and Junsu ever done~”

          “Good night Minhyo!” Jem turned to her side, turning her back on Minhyo. Minhyo did the same and was met with a bright light hitting her face.

She looked out her window to see the two shining stars she saw every night.

          “Good night Umma, Appa” with that she closed her eyes and met a long dreamless sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I write so much in each chapter but now that I look over it again, it just looks so short o__O