Best [Girl]Friends

Wishing on not one, but two stars.

 

Two weeks had gone by after the unwanted meeting with Rin.

DBSK had been busy with rehearsals and had held two concerts in Seoul while Jem had been staying over at Minhyo’s place, settling in the guest’s bedroom.

None of the B2ST members had tried to contact Minhyo, but she guessed that they were busy with rehearsals, just like DBSK.

 The subject of Rin had been dropped too, just to be on Jem’s safe side.

“Minhyo, I think we need to go to the supermarket” Jem said after raiding her refrigerator, to find nothing but a half drunken milk carton and some sticks of butter. She scrunched up her nose in disapproval.

“Please Minhyo, no more ordering take out or pizza” Jem pleaded.

“Oh, then I’ll grab my house keys and we can get going”

 

“Strawberry milk!” Jem exclaimed, taking the carton of milk from its shelf.

“Strawberry milk, strawberry flavored candy, and strawberries. Why do you like strawberries so much?” Minhyo looked at her best-friend questioningly as she placed the milk into their basket.

“Because they’re delicious and-” Jem stopped midway as the TV hanging on the super market’s wall started to play B2ST’s last performance.

Seeing Kikwang’s close-up made Jem think,

“How can someone so hot, date someone so…demented?” Jem put on a dirty look when Rin’s face popped into her head.

“She’s not demented”

“But she’s pure evil” Jem scoffed as she remembered Minhyo and Jem’s high school years.

“Minhyo! Jem!” a high-pitched voice called from behind them.

“Speaking of the devil…” Jem muttered before the both of them turned to face Rin who held a box of blonde dye in her hand.

“What are you guys doing here?” Rin walked closer to them but it didn’t stop the daggers Jem was shooting at her.

“Shopping for food, obviously” Jem sneered. Minhyo looked down at her friend who glared at her cousin. If looks could kill…

“I’m really happy to see you guys here, I wanted to contact you both but realized I didn’t have either of your numbers” Rin continued to smile brightly even with the deathly stare she was given.

“For what?” Minhyo wasn’t even given the chance to talk because of Jem’s snarky responses.

“Kikwang and I were talking about having a triple date with you both, of course with the company of Jaejoong and Junsu” Minhyo thought about it for a moment while Jem furrowed her eyebrows.

“Sure, we’d love to” Minhyo finally spoke up. Jem looked up at her surprised but Minhyo ignored her, “Where at?”

“It’ll be at the ‘Handel and Gretel Café’* on Saturday”

“We’ll be there” Minhyo smiled at her cousin as her cousin beamed.

“I’ll see you all then!” with that, Rin went off to pay for her hair dye. Once she was gone, Jem turned to Minhyo,

“Are you crazy?!”

“Well, this gives us the chance to see if Rin has sincerely changed for the better or not”

“Oh~ so you had an ulterior motive to this? I like how you think” Jem smiled up at her cunning friend while Minhyo hooked arms with her,

“Let’s continue shopping now~”

 

As soon as the two got home, Jem had called Junsu to ask if they were free on Saturday and luckily, they were free for the weekend. She told her boyfriend not to make any plans along with Jaejoong so they could go out to dinner with Minhyo, excluding the part with Rin and Kikwang.

Junsu happily agreed but hung up as quickly as he answered before he returned back to rehearsals.

Now, Minhyo and Jem sat on the bed of the guest’s bedroom in their pajamas.

“It looks like you moved in” Minho said as she looked around the room, Jem had already decorated it with her posters and stuffed animals.

“I practically lived here before America, anyway”

“True.” Minhyo took a look around the room one more time before looking back at her friend, “Are you sure you can keep calm on that triple date with Rin and Kikwang?”

“I never said I would, you answered before I could deny” she pouted.

“Okay, but promise me you will?” Jem didn’t say anything as she crossed her legs on the bed. “Jem~” Minhyo urged and lightly squeezed Jem’s cheek,

“Come on! You’re too cute to frown”, that caused a small smile to form on Jem’s lips.

“Stop it! Fine, I promise” Jem pushed Minhyo’s hand away, cause both of the girls to giggle. Quickly, Minhyo hooked their pinkies together to seal the deal.

“Aww! I missed my best-friend while she was in the states!” Minhyo sat up then tackled Jem on her back with a strong bear hug.

The two usually weren’t affectionate but Minhyo couldn’t help it when she suddenly felt a rush of happiness go through her.

“Yah! You’re weird” Jem didn’t try very hard to get out of Minhyo’s grip.

“I know~”

“Promise me something Minhyo”

“What is it?”

“Promise, you won’t hold me back if I lash out at Rin for hitting on Junsu or Jaejoong” Minhyo giggled at her headstrong best friend.

“I promise” 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*Yesung's parents' restaurant.