Good news?

Wishing on not one, but two stars.

 

Minhyo woke up around 7:30 the next day, only around 5 hours of sleep. The sun shining through her window and the extreme heat had woken her up.

“Jem~” Minhyo turned to look at her sleeping partner, but Jem was nowhere in sight. Getting up, she figured she was downstairs getting something to eat and just continued with her morning routine.

~//~

“No Jaejoong, you don’t need gochujang in an omelet, put it away” Jem nagged Jaejoong who had woken her up at 6 in the morning just so she could teach him how to make an American breakfast but not even for everyone, for Minhyo. 

“I thought you were like a master cook, why did you need to ask me?”

“I’m a master at cooking Korean food, American is a whole different level”

“I think Korean tastes wayyy better”

“Well, it’s not for you. It’s for Minhyo” Jem huffed and stuck her tongue out at Jaejoong. They had always had a competitive attitude towards each other, in high school they always fought about who was closer to Minhyo, but they were both her best friends in the long run.

Jaejoong put the finished omelet on a plate while Jem got started on the breakfast for everyone else.

“Something smells good!” Junsu practically hoped into the kitchen with Yoochun behind him and wrapped his arms around Jem’s waist. “Waking up to my girlfriend cooking me breakfast, this is the life!” he said, resting his head on Jem’s back, though she just continued cooking with a smile on her face.

Jaejoong stared at the couple in interest.

“Ohh, is someone jealous~” Changmin and Yunho had entered the kitchen. Though it was early in the morning, Changmin had to tease his hyung.

“Shut up maknae” Jaejoong muttered.

“Grumpy hyung” Changmin muttered back, grabbing a piece of toast off the plate Jaejoong was preparing.

“Yah! That was for Minhyo” Jaejoong flicked the maknae on his forehead.

“Ow! I’m the maknae, you should be taking care of me, not abusing me” Changmin complained, rubbing the spot Jaejoong had flicked.

“Calm down you two, we can make more toast” Even with all the bickering, Jem was able to keep her calm. She was in the states for a few months but she was still used to all the fighting in fact, she somewhat missed it…

“Oh and Changmin, now that I’m back, technically I’m the maknae” Jem stuck her tongue out at him before continuing to cook.

Thanks to the help of Jaejoong and Junsu, Jem was able to finish everyone else’s breakfast around 7:30, which was also the time Minhyo had woken up.

“Good morning everyone.” Minhyo walked downstairs to see everyone seated at the dining table with their breakfast in front of them.

“Oh, sleeping beauty’s awake” Yunho smiled at her, Minhyo was surprised to hear Yunho talking to her. After the confession he had made, they hadn’t talked much but it was nice to know that they were still friends.

Minhyo took the empty seat in between Yoochun and Changmin.

“Is this an American breakfast?” Minhyo asked looking at everyone else’s plates. She noticed instead of having scrambled eggs she had an omelet.

“It’s not fair, I wanted an omelet too” Changmin poked at his eggs but stopped when he felt Jem nudge his foot under the table.

“If you’re gonna eat more maknae, you better make it quick. We have rehearsals in an hour”

“You guys only slept for what, four hours and you still have rehearsals?” Jem asked, looking at Junsu concerned.

“Don’t worry jagiya~ We’re all used to it” The rest of the members nodded, agreeing with Junsu.

~//~

Yoochun and Yunho offered to wash the dishes since they hadn’t helped with breakfast. Changmin didn’t either, but he was too caught up with looking for something else to eat since the eggs and toast were not enough for him.

‘Nan niga jeil joha, Niga jeil yeppeo~’

Minhyo’s phone rang.

“Beast!” Jem giggled. Minhyo smiled at Jem before looking at her caller I.D. It was Kikwang.

“Kikwang?”Jaejoong put his attention on Minhyo once he heard that name come out of Minhyo’s mouth.

“Are you doing anything today?” he asked, full of hope. Minhyo noticed Jaejoong listening to her conversation so intently and decided to a bit.

“No Kikwang, I’m not doing anything. What do you have planned?”She said sweetly.

“Oh um, did you want to come over to the rehearsel room later? I have an announcement to make” Kikwang was surprised by Minhyo’s change of tone. Minhyo looked back at Jaejoong who pretended to mind his own business and smirked.

 “Sure, I’ll be there around 12. Can I bring a friend over?” looking over at Jem, Minhyo listened to her humming to ‘I like you the best’ and smiled.

~//~

After DBSK had left to start their rehearsals, Minhyo and Jem were headed to B2ST’s own rehearsal. Though Jem didn’t know it.

The two girls walked quietly into the rehearsal room to find the members seated in a circle enjoying their lunch on the floor.

“Omo, Beast!” Jem whispered, tugging on Minhyo’s sleeve.

“You’re welcome” Minhyo said back, though not in a whisper.

“Minhyo!” The six boys yelled, getting up from the floor and walked over to her. “And she brought a friend” They looked at the giddy Jem.

“Hello, my name is Yoseob” he said in a flirty manner, attempting to kiss her hand but not before Minhyo pushed his face away, making him fall to the floor.

“She’s dating Junsu, Yoseob” Yoseob dusted himself after picking himself off the floor and pouted,

“I’m much cuter than Junsu” Jem giggled at him but had to disagree, Yang Yoseob was definitely a cutie, but Xiah Junsu was her cute, heavenly angel.  

Doojoon stepped up, ignoring B2ST’s aegyo king and shook Jem’s hand.

“Hi, I’m-”

“Doojoon, Junhyung, Hyunseung, Kikwang, Dongwoon, and of course, Yoseob. I’m Jem” she pointed at each of the members and gave a cute little bow, causing B2ST to smile at her.

“We have a fan” Hyunseung said.

“Anyway, so Kikwang, what’s your announcement?”

“Oh, yeah. Everyone, Kikwang is a single man, no more~”

“Chincha?” “Who is it?” “Lucky!”

“I guess I’m not the only non-single one, who is it?”

“There she is right now” Kikwang walked over to the woman at the main door and put an arm around her.

Everyone else in the room turned to look at Kikwang’s new girlfriend. Minhyo gasped in complete surprise while Jem shot daggers at the girl.

“RIN?!”