Dinner Plans

Wishing on not one, but two stars.

 

It was finally that dreaded Saturday, neither Minhyo or Jem were looking forward to seeing Rin but they kept telling each other that it was for their benefit.

Currently, they were in Minhyo’s room helping each other fix their dresses, Jem chose a blue cocktail dress while Minhyo chose a champagne colored dress.

Minhyo desperately pulled at the ends of her dress but it was no use because of her long legs.

“Minhyo, you’ll ruin the dress.” Jem watched her through the full length mirror while she combed out the tangles in her dark hair.

“Don’t you have anything longer?”

“Nope, I’m short so the dresses look longer on me. Be happy you have long legs instead of short stubby ones” Jem slightly kicked the air with her right leg, showing Minhyo just how short her legs were.

“Don’t worry, you look great, I’m sure Jaejoong will think so too” Minhyo raised an eyebrow at Jem,

“I’m not doing this for Jaejoong” Jem met eyes with Minhyo

“Be honest, do you want to be with Jaejoong or not?” The question caught Minhyo by surprise. No doubt about it, she loved Jaejoong and she hoped that he would’ve kissed her that day on the balcony two weeks ago. But she didn’t know when she would be ready to get back together with him.

Before Minhyo could answer, the doorbell started to ring.

“I guess that’s our boys” Jem quickly hoped down the stairs and to the door with Minhyo slowly falling behind her, making sure her dress kept in place.

 

“Oh my Jem! You look beautiful!” Junsu exclaimed once the front door was open and he caught sight of his girlfriend.

He and Jaejoong were both dressed in black suits, though Jaejoong wore a skinny black tie while Junsu settled on a black bow tie.

“And you look very handsome, oppa” Junsu blushed madly and turned toward Jaejoong.

“Did you hear that hyung? My girl thinks I’m handsome” But Jaejoong did not hear what Junsu had just gushed. Both his eyes and mind were set on Minhyo who was standing behind Jem. She looked back at him too, the blush on her face felt like it was spreading throughout her whole body.

“Are we all ready to go?” Junsu asked as he laced his fingers with Jem’s.

Minhyo was the first to brake eye contact when she slowly nodded, following Jem to the comfortable backseats of Jaejoong’s Audi while the boys sat up in front.

 

When they entered the restaurant, Jaejoong and Junsu had worn sunglasses to keep any fans from recognizing who they were. A waitress noticed the four coming in and quickly approached the girl in the champagne colored dress.

“Are you Ms. Park Minhyo?” The actress asked politely. Minhyo nodded in both surprise and confusion.

“Please follow me” The waitress weaved through the dozens of tables with the four trailing behind her and stopped in front of a brown wooded door.

“A private room for you all, your hosts are waiting” Jaejoong’s eyebrows pinched behind his sunglasses. *Hosts?*

Minhyo was the one to take action because Jem was too busy clenching her fists while the boys stood in confusion.

Though the boys stood patiently in their spot, their bodies had stiffened once they caught sight of bleach blonde hair.

“Oh, you’re here!” Rin jumped up from her seat besides Kikwang and approached the four.

“W-what are you doing here?” Junsu asked as his body began to tremble from nervousness. Jem unclenched her fists to hold onto her boyfriend’s trembling hands.

“I asked the girls to invite you both, they didn’t tell you?” Rin cocked her head to the side, particularly to look up at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong sighed, then proceeded to take off his sunglasses to give Rin a hard, ice cold stare.

“What are you planning?” He said what he was thinking out loud.

“I’m planning on having dinner with you all, silly. Now sit, there are name tags on the table.” Rin giggled and gestured towards the table and took her original seat next to Kikwang who stood up and bowed at the two legends.

“Annyeonghaseyo, sunbae-nims” The two boys bowed back. Junsu removed his sunglasses observe the name tags. An eyebrow raised then turned to look at Jem who also looked confusedly at the seating arrangement.

Minhyo was to sit across from Kikwang, while Jaejoong sat across from Rin, Jem and Junsu were to sit on the opposite sides of the table. Jem on Jaejoong’s side while Junsu was on Minhyo’s side.

*That sneaky little…She planned this!* Jem was fuming but the feeling of a hand being put on her shoulder snapped out of it. She looked up at Junsu who was staring down at her and put an arm around her to lead her to her seat. He lingered for a while before heading over to his assigned seat that seemed too far from his love.

Jaejoong reluctantly sat in his seat, he didn’t want to ever see her again after that incident at the river. But now here he was, sitting across the girl who had broken him and Minhyo up the first time.

Unlike the other three, Minhyo sat down without hesitation. She was to naïve to figure out what was going on around her.