We're all idiots

Wishing on not one, but two stars.

 

Awkward silence had filled the room a while ago while they waited for their food to be served. Rin twirled a strand of hair between her finger, Kikwang was busy staring at his phone, Junsu stared longingly at Jem, Jem pouted in her seat, Jaejoong avoided the eyes on Rin by looking at the wooden floor, and Minhyo founded some fascination in searching for split ends in her long hair.

Finally a knock was heard at the door,

“Come in” Rin chimed. “I hope you all don’t mind, I went ahead and ordered lots of food, Kikwang’s treat so eat up~”

A chef dressed in white slacks, a white chef coat, and a tall chef’s hat entered, pushing a trolley full of food.

Carefully, he set the many plates of food on the long table and proceeded on tossing the salad in front of the three couples who stared at him intently. He bowed once he was done and carefully shut the door behind him.

Jaejoong didn’t want the chef to leave. He would’ve gladly left with him if the only thing that kept him from leaving wasn’t sitting right next to him.

Minhyo still innocent to the hostile air around her, stared at the food hungrily and was the first to dig into the salmon in front of her.

Everyone else followed shortly after. Jem eyed Rin to make sure she didn’t try anything funny. She seemed innocent as she bit into her salad. But Jaejoong could make an argument. While he chewed on a piece steak, he felt a foot run along his right leg. It caught him by surprise and had almost spit out the food. He tried to kick the foot away but it would not leave.

He glared up at Rin who stared at her boyfriend, acting as if she hadn’t done anything. Finally getting fed up, he pushed his chair back about to excuse himself but unfortunately, Junsu’s stomach had growled angrily.

“Bathroom!” Junsu shot up from his seat and scattered towards the bathroom on the other side of the room. Rin too, backed away from her seat, Jaejoong un-tensed.

“Excuse me while I powder my nose” the clicking her heels was heard as she walked down the hall. Finally, Jaejoong and Jem were able to relax in their seats.

 

Ten minutes had gone by since Junsu had relieved himself. Stepping into the hall, he fixed his blazer, ready to head back to the table.

“Junsu oppa” Junsu’s tensed at the sound of that voice as her turned his head.

“Let’s walk together, oh-” Rin had lost her footing and tripped over herself, now sailing towards the ground. Junsu reacted quickly so that she was able to fall into his arms, their faces much too close.

“Oppa, I never noticed how handsome you were” Rin looked him straight in his frightened eyes. Rin was about to put a hand on his cheek until someone had cleared their throat loudly, the two turned and Junsu’s eyes widened even more.

Jem was standing at the entrance to the hall with her arms crossed and her foot irritably tapping on the marble floor.

“You were taking so long so I came to find you, but now I see what’s holding you up” Jem her heels and angrily walked back to the table.

Junsu panicked and  pushed Rin off him before speed walking to catch up with Jem.

“I’m full, I’ll be leaving now” Jem snatched her purse from the back of her chair and swung it over her shoulder.

“Wait, I’ll drive you. I’m sure we’re all done” Jaejoong reacted quickly to the thought of leaving that place.

 Minhyo too, stood up and turned to Kikwang and Rin who walked over to her original place at the table. She gave them a slight bow,

“Thanks for the food, we really appreciate it” she followed Jaejoong out of the room. Junsu was about to step out of the room until Jem turned abruptly to look at him.

“You can stay with your girl” she glared at Rin before turning back around and trudging to Jaejoong’s car. Junsu sighed before entering the car.

 

Finally they arrived at Minhyo’s house. The ride home was silent. Minhyo constantly looked at Jem who stared out the window with her eyebrows furrowed and then at Junsu who stared down at his fingers that he played with. She kept wondering what had happened between the couple.

As soon as Minhyo had unlocked the door, Jem stomped into the guest room and slammed the door shut.

Jaejoong turned to Junsu, “What the hell did you do to her?”

“Nothing, hyung! Rin tripped and I caught her. Jem just jumped into conclusions” he panicked.

While the boys talked, Minhyo walked over to the guest room. Luckily her parents never added locks to any of the guest rooms so she was able to slip into the one Jem stayed in.

She found Jem punching at her pillow muttering angrily to herself.

“Stupid Rin…stupid so-called ‘boyfriend’ ”  Jem was to wrapped up in her anger to notice Minhyo walk into the room and pulling the pillow away. Jem ended up punching herself in the calf.

“Ow!” Minhyo couldn’t help but chuckle. “Minhyo!”

“Sorry Jem, you were hurting the innocent pillow” Jem huffed and leaned back on the bed’s headboard.

“Hey, don’t be mad at Junsu”

“Why shouldn’t I be?”

“He just caught her before she could fall”

“Well, he should have let her fall on her plastic face” Minhyo sighed and patted her scowling friend’s leg.

“This is sweet little Junsu we’re talking about, he wouldn’t let anyone fall on their face, let alone do anything to hurt you” It was true, Junsu would fall to the depths for Jem before he could hurt her in anyway.

Jem’s face softened a bit and her shoulders relaxed a bit.

“Go talk to him, I can hear him crying from outside” Minhyo motioned her to follow he back into the living room, she did.

“Jem! I’m sorry! Please forgive me, I’ll do anything” Junsu clung onto his girlfriend like he would lose her if he would let go.

“Anything?” he nodded.

“Okay, I’ll forgive you, if you forgive my idiotic self.”

“Huh?” he blinked down at her.

“I misunderstood, forgive me?” She looked up at him with her big dark doe-eyes.

“You got it babe!” grinning widely, Junsu placed a wet kiss  on her cheek.

------------------------------------------------------------

Long update~

Well, for me it is xD

Hope you enjoyed!