Chapter 2. A new job, a new start

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally Monday. I got out of bed and took a shower before changing into my new suit. It was a blue suit with a white shirt and red tie that I got tailored by my parents as a gift after they heard about my new job. They own multiple clothing and tailor shops so it was easy for them but I appreciated it all. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time.

Jahoon: You can do this Jahoon. There is nothing to worry about you can do this, you graduated with honors after all.

I pep-talked to myself as I took deep breaths trying to calm myself down. I grabbed my bag and made my way down to my car after giving Mimi some goodbye scratches. I drove to the company and walked inside to see the same receptionist as the day that I first came here.

Receptionist: Welcome to the Company! We are so glad to have you here. Here is your work badge id that you will have to use to enter the company every day. Your office is on floor 20. Miss Song is waiting for you in your office with more information. Again, thank you for joining the company on behalf of everyone.

The receptionist bowed to me with a smile. I returned the gesture and I made my way to the elevator to my office. It is amazing to see how fast people change from 0 to 10. From being an to being the nicest person. I got up to the designated floor and walked to the office with the help of the other workers. Before I entered, I looked at the door to see my name written in big bold letters on the door. It was only now that it completely hit me that I was finally getting to work as a business lawyer. I knocked on the door and opened it to see Hayoung waiting for me.

Hayoung: Jahoon! It is so nice to see you again! Welcome to your new office. Your own personal office. Come and sit down on your chair.

Hayoung walked over to me and grabbed my arm, dragging me over to the desk in the room. She made me sit down on the chair and placed her hands on my shoulders.

Hayoung: How do you feel about having your own office?

Jahoon: It feels kind of surreal. I kind of just got out of school and now I have my own office. It feels like a surreal dream come true.

Hayoung: I know the feeling. But don't worry everything is true and I know you will do good. You look like you will. I will allow you to get comfortable in your new office and unpack your stuff.

Hayoung gave my shoulders a squeeze with encouragement before leaving the room and closing the door behind her. I leaned back in my chair and looked around the room. My own office. My own personal office. I grabbed my work badge id and looked at it with much excitement. My picture was on it with my name. The words "business lawyer" were just right underneath it. I took a quick picture of it and sent it to my parents before unpacking my stuff. I placed my work badge around my neck and walked out of the office and over to Hayoung's which was right beside Saerom's. I knocked on the door and entered when I got approval. Inside was Hayoung with another girl that I have never seen before.

Hayoung: Jahoon, I want you to meet Gyuri, who is going to be your secretary. She will help you get familiar with the company as well as get you up to speed with the jobs that were left by our previous lawyer.

I turned to look at the girl beside Hayoung. She smiled at me and reached her hand out for me to shake it. She kind of reminded me of a puppy. I grabbed her hand and shook it with a smile.

Jahoon: It is nice to meet you. I know there is usually some professional mode between secretaries and workers but you can just be comfortable with me and call me Jahoon. I don't really mind.

Gyuri: And right back at you actually quite good looking, You are even more than what Hayoung praised you to be.

I looked at her a bit surprised and flustered by the sudden comment. I turned to look at Hayoung who was looking down as she kind of nudged Gyuri to stop. I could see her face slowly turning red. I couldn't help but chuckle.

Jahoon: Well thank both of you for the kind words, but I'm nothing compared to the two goddesses that are standing in front of me right now.

I smiled widely at them. Hayoung was turning even redder than before. I could see Gyuri's ears beginning to turn red even though she tried to keep her composure. A knock was heard on the door and we all turned to look at it to see Saerom entering. We all bowed to her out of courtesy.

Jahoon: Good morning CEO Lee.

Saerom: Seriously, you guys have to stop being so polite to me. I told you guys that you don't need to do that even when we are at work Gyuri and Hayoung. We are friends after all. Also, you as well Jahoon. You can just call me Saerom. You have already given m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter