Chapter 28. Wedding day

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mom: How are you feeling honey? Nervous?

Jahoon: A little too much... right now I feel like the word nervous is a little word compared to how much I am feeling right now.

Dad: Don't worry honey. It is completely normal. Actually, your mother and I were just as nervous as you were when we married.

Jahoon: Really? Mom, I understand but you Dad, I never expected it from you. You have always been the most calm person that I have ever known. Did you really feel that nervous?

Dad placed his hand on my shoulder and turned me around to face him. He smiled and looked at his work. The white suit that I was wearing right now was a gift from my parents as a congratulations on my marriage.

Dad: Of course, I felt nervous! How could I not when I was marrying such a beautiful and goddess girl as your mother?

Mom: Oh honey~

Mom looked away with a blush on her face and slapped Dad on his shoulder. Both Jina unnie and I looked at them with disgust but to be honest, we were both happy that they were still going strong 20 years into their marriage. It is not something easy to do. Hopefully, mine will be the same. Mom and Dad walked out of the room to tend to some things before the ceremony. Jina stood behind me with a big smile on her face as she looked at my reflection in the mirror.

Jina: I can't believe that my precious little sister is getting married. You know, I'm really proud of you sis.

I turned around and pouted, trying hard not to cry and I could see Jina unnie trying just as hard as well. I wrapped my arms around her in a big hug which she returned with gratefulness. It was one of the rare times when we weren't arguing with each other. We heard the door open and pulled away from each other to see Gyuri walking inside with a smile on her face. Jina unnie excused herself and went out of the room to our parents.

Gyuri: Well... congratulations on your marriage. I'm happy for the two of you.

Jahoon: Thank you.

An awkward silence fell over us as neither of us knew what to say. I scratched the back of my neck and sighed.

Jahoon: Listen. There is something that I want to tell you before... everything. I'm sorry for all the times that I had made you upset and all of the times that I had made you sad. I want you to know that all of the time that we have spent together is a great memory for me. I just don't want anything bad to be left between us. And hopefully, we can still be friends?

I reached my hand out to Gyuri for her to shake but to my surprise, Gyuri grabbed my hand and pulled me to her and into a hug.

Gyuri: You don't have to be sorry. I forgive you but I should be the one who should be forgiven. I have been nothing but bad towards you ever since we broke up when the only thing you have been is nice and caring to me. It would be a big honor and blessing for me to be friends with you. On the other hand, it is not like we can avoid each other after all.

Gyuri pulled away from me and nudged me with her elbow as she winked to tell me it was a joke, making the both of us laugh. The door opened up revealing my dad behind it.

Dad: It's time to get married, my baby.

We all walked out of the room and into the altar where everyone except Jiwon and her dad was waiting for us. Gyuri joined the rest of the girls over at Jiwon's side as her bridesmaid wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter