Chapter 19. Clouded

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

????: Jahoon. You have to wake up. It’s not your time yet. You have to wake up, there is someone special waiting for you.

I opened my eyes but all I could see was white clouds all around me. I looked down at myself and saw that I was wearing white clothes. I don’t remember changing clothes?

????: Jahoon, you have to follow your heart. You have to follow the light!

I turned around to see where the voice was coming from but no matter where I turned, I couldn’t see anyone. I turned again and saw three doors appear in front of me.

????: You have to follow your heart. Go to her. She is still waiting for you.

Jahoon: Where in the world is the voice coming from?

I looked around once again but gave up with a sigh. I turned back to face the doors. All of them were looking identical so what I get behind the door I choose is pure luck… or misfortune… I haven’t seen the face of the voice but something in its voice made me believe and trust them. I had to believe in myself. I had to follow my heart. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before walking through the door on the left. As soon as I entered, a bright light hit me directly in the face and that was the last thing I saw before it went pitch black.

I opened my eyes once again to see a sharp white light glaring directly at me. I groaned and tried to use my hand to protect my eyes but I couldn't move it.

Jiwon: Jahoon! You are awake! Wait here! I will get the doctor!

Before I could say anything, Jiwon ran out of the room and got the doctor and a nurse. Right behind them were the other girls, looking frantic as they quickly rushed to me but still kept their space so that the doctor could do her work.

Doctor: Your reaction seems to be fine. Your brain is following nicely, responding to everything in this room, and passing the pen test, so that seems fine. Is there anything that is bothering you?

Jahoon: I can’t feel my body. Like I want to move my arms right now to scratch my nose but I can’t lift it.

Doctor: Like no sensation in your body? That is weird… I have never seen a response to an accident like that… Alright. I will try to do some tests and you can tell me if you can feel it.

The doctor took out her little hammer and began hammering me on different parts of my body but I couldn’t feel any sort of pain or basically just anything.

Jahoon: I can’t feel anything at all… Does this mean that I’m going to become lame? That can’t be true… right?

I looked at the doctor but my vision was slowly beginning to become blurry as tears began to fill my eyes. I bit my lips as I tried my best to not let them fall but unsuccessfully as few managed to escape. Jiwon came to my side and wiped them away before placing a kiss on my forehead. I could see tears beginning to form in her eyes too but was trying hard to stay brave. I couldn’t lose my ability to move. What am I going to do when Jiwon’s getting into trouble? What if I can’t save her from Mr. Heo and his son? What if I can’t save her at all? I can’t afford to lose her…

Doctor: Let’s try to run some MRI, X-rays, and other different kinds of tests before we jump to that conclusion. You may get lucky and it could be just like a temporary memory loss. You may get your ability to move again after some rest. Your body sustained a lot of injuries so it could have an impact on your ability to move. I think the best thing for now is that you take some rest and we will take some more tests to find out if this is just temporary or not.

Everyone thanked the doctor as she left with the nurse following her from behind. I sighed and stared up at the ceiling. I didn’t want to look at anybody right now. I just wanted them to leave me alone.

Saerom: Alright everyone… I think we should all leave now. You all heard the doctor. Jahoon has to get some rest so that she can be well again. Jahoon you don’t have to worry a bit about the company or your work at all. We will have it covered for you while you are gone. And if you ever need anything or just want someone to lend you the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter