Chapter 21. Hide and seek

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost half a year has passed by since we all got to live together at Saerom's house and nothing has happened at all. It was like Mr. Heo and his son had disappeared from the earth. Everyone returned back to their normal life like what it had been before the whole incident but since we all enjoyed spending time and living together, it was agreed that we would move out of our old place and live permanently with Saerom. We all returned back to the office and all of the girls found out about Jiwon and I dating. At first, we were keeping it a secret since we didn't know how they would react but also if the feelings that we had for each other were sincere. It was only when Hayoung walked in on us making out that the rest got to know about it and they were ecstatic about it and were happy for us. Gyuri and I sat down in the garden and talked about everything and what had been on our minds since the day that she decided not to want anything to do with me. In the end, we managed to reconcile with each other and become best friends once again. Everything seemed like it was going well. I got a beautiful girlfriend who loves me even though she sometimes can be such a jokester, I got to reconcile with a lost friend and got even closer to her after that and I got back to work the job that I was blessed to have in the first place. Everything seemed well on the plane sight but it's not always like that underneath.

Gyuri: Today there is actually a special task for you. Saerom has decided to go through the contract with Mrs. Kim's hotel so she has pointed you in charge of it. She wants you to go out to the construction site and have a look around to ensure safety as well as make sure that there isn't anything illegal that could bring us into trouble. Saerom is actually requesting to see you now.

Jahoon: Alright. Let's better head to her office now instead of making her wait any longer.

We walked over to the elevator and rode it to the level where Saerom's office was. I knocked on the door and we walked inside after we were given permission. I sat down on the couch in the office and Saerom came over to join us.

Saerom: I believe that Gyuri has already provided you with the overall information about your next solo project.

Jahoon: I have and it's such an honor. Thank you for trusting me with this. I will do my best to not disappoint you.

Saerom: I know you won't.

Saerom leaned back in her seat as she waved me off with a smile. It was easy for her to say but I have never done something like this before in my life, also I have done something like this before in my life so this was a big responsibility for me. I sat on the edge of my seat and listened carefully to everything that Saerom told me and carefully wrote it down even though I knew that Gyuri would already write it down for me. The meeting went on for about two hours since there was much to cover but I was grateful for it since it didn't feel like either Saerom or Gyuri rushed me through it. I thanked Saerom for the trust once again and walked out with Gyuri.

Gyuri: So what do you want to do now? Do you want to visit the site right away or do you want to go through with the works that are for today?

Jahoon: Let's go to the construction site. I want to have a look over everything so that I can plan what to do next properly. Also, this way I will be able to spot if there are problems early on before they get too big.

Gyuri nodded. We got down to the parking lot and into my car where we drove to the construction site. At first glance, it looked like any normal construction site, there wasn't anything special. We met up with the leader of the site and put on our safety gear before beginning the tour. Again, there wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Gyuri: Looks like everything is going well according to the plan. There isn't anything to- what is that?

As Gyuri and I walked back to the car as she pointed towards it with a surprised look on her face. I followed her finger and saw a piece of paper had been stuck onto the windshield of my car. I haven't been parking badly or anything for people to comment about it. Maybe they accidentally hit my car and couldn't stick around to apologize? Whatever it was, I had a bad feeling in my stomach. We walked up to the car and I took the paper out to read it. It was like I had eaten a heavy stone and it fell directly down into my stomach. I had a feeling like I was going to throw up like I was being watched. On the paper was written a threatening note that said that we had always been watched and that we shouldn't feel comfortable yet, just because they hadn’t struck yet. You guessed it right. It was a letter from Mr. Heo and his son. I felt a cold shiver through my whole spine like someone was watching us. I twisted and turned my whole body, trying to catch the person who was stalking us but I couldn’t see any trace of anyone in the parking lot. We were the only people there. I quickly grabbed Gyuri by her wrist and pulled her over to the passenger seat before making my way into the driver seat and driving away,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter