Chapter 23. Ungrateful

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After dropping Jake off, I returned to Saerom's mansion. I have only been gone for a day so I did expect them to be worried about my whereabouts but I never knew or thought that it would be this extent because as soon as I opened the door, all I could hear was chaos.

Saerom: Anyone who has gotten an update or any kind of hints about where Jahoon is? Don't worry Jiwon, we will find her soon.

Chaeyoung: We can't find her! The GPS tracker led to the closet and her phone was still in her bedroom. Jiheon and I have tried the cameras but there has been no luck yet.

Gyuri: I have also looked at the office in case she has been working overtime or something but no one has ever seen her enter the building or be near it.

Jahoon: Are you guys searching for me?

I walked inside to the living room and watched them all stop in their tracks, looking at me with shock for a moment. Then all of them broke down in tears and ran over to me, firstly Jiwon, who ran over and wrapped her arms around my waist pulling me into a close tight hug and buried her head in my chest as she cried heavily. I stood still and let them do their thing. Of course, I expected all of this but not to this degree. Jiwon pulled away and smacked me on my chest and my arms in frustration and anger.

Jiwon: Where were you?! Do you know how worried I was when I didn't see you when I woke up?! And when you didn't answer your phone or when you didn't have the GPS on you so that we could see where you were?! I was worried that something bad had happened to you and that I would never see you again!

Jahoon: But you guys don't have to worry anymore. I'm right here now.

Jiheon: But where is the blood on your outfit coming from? Don't tell me that you are hurt?!

Another chaos broke down as the girls turned me around in circles, almost causing me to throw up. I just had to endure it because I knew that they would never stop before they were sure that nothing had happened to me.

Jisun: Wait… I can't see any wounds anywhere on your body Jahoon… Where does all of the blood come from?

Jahoon: I told you guys not to worry about me. I can easily defend myself if needed, also you guys act like there is a lot of blood on me. There are only a few droplets here and there.

Jiwon: But where does it come from? Did someone try to kill you or hurt you and then you protected yourself and ended up injuring them, explaining the blood?

Jahoon: Something to that degree but let me just wash up then we can all meet here in the living room and I will explain everything that happened while I was gone.

I got up to my room and took a shower and a change of clothes before reuniting with the girls in the living room.

Saerom: Now, I want to hear everything from the point that you decided to leave and until the moment that you came back here, and DON'T you dare leave a single piece of information out.

Jahoon: Alright alright. So what happened is…

I told them everything from the start and up until now. I looked at them as they all looked back at me with shocked expressions like they couldn’t believe their own ears. Like they didn’t expect me to do something like this. Well, I didn’t expect to be doing anything like this myself but if it is what is needed to stop Mr. Heo and Jake and to keep the girls safe, then I would do it again in a matter of a heartbeat.

Saerom: You really did all of… that?

Jahoon: Yes, I did. I didn’t plan to do it at first since I didn’t want to resort to violence and hurt anyone but it was the only possible way of stopping Mr. Heo and Jake. You know that they would continue to hurt and harass you guys and the only way to stop them is sadly by violence.

As soon as I finished my sentence, my head was jerked to the side and I could feel a hard sting on my left cheek. I slowly turned my head back forward and looked up to see Jiwon, glari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter