Chapter 18. One or the other

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: Alright. I will do everything you say. Just don’t hurt them.

????: Don’t you worry. I will take good care of them~ Now to show you want to save them, go to Zone Park and drop a bag under the bench on the west wing filled with one million won by noon tomorrow. If not, you will not be able to see them anymore and don’t think about contacting the police or getting help from anyone. I will know if you do and it won’t end well.

The caller quickly ended the call before I could open my mouth to say something. I looked at my phone and sighed. What am I going to do? I don't have that much money just lying around. I would have to take a loan or something. But if I did then the bank would want proof and everything and that would only take even more time. I wouldn't be able to deliver the money on time… but what if I asked Saerom for the money? No that won't do. She would just ask me what it was for and I couldn't lie to her, especially with how much she had helped and trusted in me. But to be honest, the only person that I could think of who would be able to help me is Saerom. She would probably understand why I lied to her when she gets to know the full reason behind it… right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: No one would probably recognize me, right?

I looked at myself in the mirror completely covered up from head to toe. I had to say this in person to Saerom, I couldn't bring myself to ask her for such a big amount through the phone. I did text her beforehand that I would come so that she wouldn't get a big surprise when I came. I checked the surrounding places of my house before I headed straight out to Saerom's house and was let in just as I arrived.

Saerom: What is the matter? It sounded really important.

Jahoon: It is. I know that I might sound crazy right now but I have to borrow 1 million won from you.

Saerom: 1 million won? What are you going to be using that on? I know that you are smart but you do know that it is a lot of money.

Jahoon: It is… for a car! Yeah, a new car. My old one broke down and I just found a good deal on a new and cool one. I have been looking at it for a while and it just got on sale so I thought that I have to act fast before it gets too expensive. I promise you that I will pay you back every penny for it.

Saerom: All right then. You can borrow them from me. In fact, you don't need to pay me back for it.

Jahoon: Wait what?!

What did you just say? No no! I can't accept that. It is too much.

Saerom: You don't have to worry about it. Actually, I have been thinking about giving you a raise and a bonus for a while because of how well and hard you have been working for a while. You deserve it.

Jahoon: Thank you really much for it. There are no words in this world that can express my gratitude for it.

Saerom chuckled and waved it off. I walked out of her house soon after since I didn't want to cause her too many problems, got all of the cash, and placed it all into a duffel bag. All I had to do now was wait for tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: Well this seems to be the right spot…

I looked around and saw people just minding their own business and enjoying their time. Oblivious to the problems of the world… I really hated them for that but on the other hand, I knew that they weren't in the wrong for it but still, I co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter